Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Behind The Mask Concert Tour- 1990

I was over at FMLegacy and was reading about the BTM tour. One the tour setlist, it had Love Is Dangerous as a song they did on this tour. This is one of my faves from the album, and I have not heard this as a song that they did on this tour. Does anyone know for sure if it was, and if so- if there is some recording of it somewhere. I think this would be a great live song, and seeing it in the setlist kind of sparked my interest, since it was something that I hadn't heard before!

Thanks,
Ethan
Old 05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to see/hear a live recording of Love Is Dangerous, too -- if you track it down, Ethan, please please please share! (It's not on the Next Stop Main Road bootleg.)

Nickslive recently reprinted a review from the Dec. 1990 Behind the Mask concert in Edmonton. The writer mentioned that they did Love is Dangerous, but called it 'weak.' (Throughout the review, the writer was purely and gleefully venomous about Stevie )

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/search?q=behind+the+mask

I thought Stevie and Rick sounded great together. Aren't there video recordings of that song out there somewhere?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they did it very often on the tour. I've never got to hear it - although I've only heard one BTM bootleg. There are a good amount exsisting but they aren't shared too much.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let the man hunt begin!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
I was over at FMLegacy and was reading about the BTM tour. One the tour setlist, it had Love Is Dangerous as a song they did on this tour. This is one of my faves from the album, and I have not heard this as a song that they did on this tour. Does anyone know for sure if it was, and if so- if there is some recording of it somewhere. I think this would be a great live song, and seeing it in the setlist kind of sparked my interest, since it was something that I hadn't heard before!

Thanks,
Ethan

If memory serves, and it may not seeing as it was so many years ago now, but I seem to recall that they did do "Love Is Dangerous" in Oakland, CA on that tour. I was only about 10 rows back and the Mac left me almost deaf the whole next day!!!!!! On the encore, Lindsey came out with them and they played "Go Your Own Way" with him and it was incredible!! Lindsey sang and played and it was just awesome. Damned near blew the roof off the place.

I honestly love this incarnation of FM. It was so great! A definite missed opportunity when they did not follow up BTM with another album. Although I would say that Mick is redeeming himself with his renewed association with Rick on the MFBB and Island Rumours Band. If you haven't heard "Blue Again!" I highly recommend it. That whole band ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
If memory serves, and it may not seeing as it was so many years ago now, but I seem to recall that they did do "Love Is Dangerous" in Oakland, CA on that tour. I was only about 10 rows back and the Mac left me almost deaf the whole next day!!!!!! On the encore, Lindsey came out with them and they played "Go Your Own Way" with him and it was incredible!! Lindsey sang and played and it was just awesome. Damned near blew the roof off the place.
Someone around here used to claim that those versions of Go Your Own Way from Oakland and then from Los Angeles on the last show where Lindsey joined were the best versions of the song ever. I don't know, I've yet to ever hear a recording of either so if anyone has them, please please let me know. Those recordings are truly about the only thing Fleetwood Mac I've wanted to attain but have had no luck in all of these years.

Lindsey also did Landslide with Stevie at these shows and I believe it is the Oakland show video that is on YouTube.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Love Is Dangerous" was a staple of the set of the last leg.

But an even better song for Stevie Nicks performance was "Stand On the Rock." Stevie did great high-range yelling backup vocals, believe it or not.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
"Love Is Dangerous" was a staple of the set of the last leg.

But an even better song for Stevie Nicks performance was "Stand On the Rock." Stevie did great high-range yelling backup vocals, believe it or not.
I recall "Love Is Dangerous" just being one of the set's MANY "high points", when I saw the final show of the 1990 tour.

I think "weak" describes "Stand On The Rock" (both studio & live); never really cared for that song. And, that comment comes from one of Rick's biggest fans.

(I still maintain that "Got No Home" should've been on the BTM album in it's place...and would've been a hit single had it been released as one)
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
(I still maintain that "Got No Home" should've been on the BTM album in it's place...and would've been a hit single had it been released as one)
I wish I could find one of those BTM demo's...I've never heard Got No Home or the original Mac demo of Intuition. I keep scanning ebay and any other sources where it might show up.

I've seen a video of Rick doing Love Is Dangerous (solo), but I sure wish I could have seen them performing it back then.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a concert DVD from the Behind The Mask tour but it doesnt have Love Is Dangerous on it =( I LOVE that song and would LOVE to hear/see it live.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I've never heard Got No Home or the original Mac demo of Intuition.
The FMac "Intuition" sounds pretty much identical to Rick's King Of Hearts version, except the background vocals are done by Chris & Billy instead of Stevie...and of course, the rock solid Mick & John rhythm section instead of a drum machine and Rick on bass himself. But, even still, it's actually pretty tough to tell them apart until the background vocals come in.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
(Throughout the review, the writer was purely and gleefully venomous about Stevie )
you have to admit...some of those descriptions are just plain laughable.

Helen Metella on Stevie Nicks:
"Swaddled in what resembled adult-sized christening coats..."

"what explains her deliberately and wordlessly padding off-stage..."

"Nicks' ridiculously outdated wood-nymph routine..."

She must have spent weeks thinking up such metaphors and stabs.
poor gal.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They sang Love is Dangerous in Cincinnati, but I was crushed they didn't sing Save Me. I guess since the song only peaked at #36, they decided to drop it from the set list.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
They sang Love is Dangerous in Cincinnati, but I was crushed they didn't sing Save Me. I guess since the song only peaked at #36, they decided to drop it from the set list.
I saw the Farewell tour in Pittsburgh and Save Me was dropped and Say You Love Me put in the set instead.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Did anybody see Lindsey’s performance in this tour? According to Mick’s coffee table book, My twenty-five years in Fleetwood Mac, “And at the last show in Los Angeles, Lindsey mounted the stage to play some frenzied guitar, a fitting way for this edition of Fleetwood Mac to say goodbye. For now.” (The book ended here).

That goodbye must refer to what he previous told, “That summer’s series of Euro shows also saw both Chris and Stevie announce in midtour that they would be leaving the band. Both women were wealthy and famous, and neither felt like continuing the pressure and the pace that went along with life in Fleetwood Mac”.

Well, that last paragraph is far from accurate, since the real reasons (specially Stevie’s) were completely different, or so I read.