The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He's a pretty level headed guy at this point in the game, or so it appears. I actually think he would be relatively diplomatic about it had it really been just a parting of the minds and a clash of opinions.

IF he did say something about her music cares speech or a tom tribute on the next tour, it doesn't automatically mean it was said in a nasty way by him. How the other party chose to handle those comments or interpreted is unknown. The exact details of the exchange is unknown to us. Trying to be as subjective as possible, I don't tend to favor the idea that Lindsey lashed out or threw a fit at anyone initially. I think there was a negative knee jerk reaction he wasn't expecting and it went south. Did things get heated and were other things said? Maybe - but again, I don't think this whole thing was sparked due to Lindsey acting like a d*ck to Stevie or anyone else in the band. I think he may have spoken honestly and openly and it didn't sit well with some folks. Again, a lot is unknown.

I think opinions and ideas were floated that were hot button issues for other folks in the band and it blew up. I think it went from 0 to 10 extremely quickly.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will say...if in fact the idea was floated to the band about him doing solo shows in between mac shows...I still find it hard to believe that he didn't know that wouldn't sit well we certain folks in the band. Like it or not, Stevie beats that dead horse and then beats it again, and again. Her thing about always having to sacrifice her solo career plans for Fleetwood Mac, that's one of her token bits. In the last couple of years it's turned into more of a passive aggressive guilt trip. Not trying to be mean, but it really has.

We've all discussed this until we're blue in the face. My take on it is, when he said "it was all Stevie" he's saying the situation went nuclear not because I wanted it to.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I will say...if in fact the idea was floated to the band about him doing solo shows in between mac shows...I still find it hard to believe that he didn't know that wouldn't sit well we certain folks in the band. Like it or not, Stevie beats that dead horse and then beats it again, and again. Her thing about always having to sacrifice her solo career plans for Fleetwood Mac, that's one of her token bits. In the last couple of years it's turned into more of a passive aggressive guilt trip. Not trying to be mean, but it really has.

We've all discussed this until we're blue in the face. My take on it is, when he said "it was all Stevie" he's saying the situation went nuclear not because I wanted it to.
I think this was definitely a factor; she can't play the martyr quite as well if others show her that she doesn't have to.

Six months ago I would've been thrilled to hear she's nominated for the RRHOF as a solo artist. But now, the timing couldn't be worse. She probably thinks this is the universe's way of rewarding her bad behavior...
Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Exactly. So well said. And the highlighted part was truly $tevie. $he threw her weight around and made the band hers. $he is a poor excuse for a human being for doing this.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-10-2018 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Exactly. So well said. And the highlighted part was truly $tevie. $he threw her weight around and made the band hers. $he is a poor excuse for a human being for doing this.
Thank You.

Neither of them are saints. I'm sure it got a little ugly, but I don't necessarily buy into the whole Lindsey picked a fight with Stevie angle. Leaving the band was not what he was wanting or trying to do.

Don't forget...this is the same group of folks who were ok with giving him three years to do his thing back in 05-08. This year marked the arrival of an apparent zero tolerance flexibility clause.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Thank You.

Neither of them are saints. I'm sure it got a little ugly, but I don't necessarily buy into the whole Lindsey picked a fight with Stevie angle. Leaving the band was not what he was wanting or trying to do.

Don't forget...this is the same group of folks who were ok with giving him three years to do his thing back in 05-08. This year marked the arrival of an apparent zero tolerance flexibility clause.
As long as it revolves around the $tevie$$$ maker. Nothing else matters. And I'm sure he probably had a few choice horrible words for her. And then gave the same choice words to Mick. (As if fighting is a new thing for them.)

And they plotted against him. My eyes are connected to my brain. Politics = LB vs Mick and $$$tevie
Old 10-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank You.

Great points by both of you. I totally agree. None of them (The 5) are known for cool calm heads and understanding. It’s said it’s come to this at this late stage (of their lives and the legacy of the band). We can only hope they are all happy and any regrets they may have are addressed before it’s too late
Old 10-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and how ironic, this just hit the news
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/
Old 10-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
As long as it revolves around the $tevie$$$ maker. Nothing else matters.
Ding, ding, ding!
$tevie only cares about $tevie, and Dick only cares about $tevie(putting asses in the seats, and making him money). He'll do whatever it takes to keep her happy.... even if this was the biggest band blunder in the history of the world!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pretty much what we've speculated all along. Thanks for posting that!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I can see Lindsey losing his mind over the idea of turning Fleetwood Mac in 2018 into some touring tribute to Tom Petty and Peter Green.
This is the crux for me. While two factions squabble about who was entirely innocent and who was entirely guilty in this move to cut an old member and hire new members, I want to know what sort of deed warranted being fired.

To fire a 45-year member of a band whose identity had long since solidified in the public eye as the 1977 fivesome, the reason would need to be intense:
  • Stealing or embezzling
  • Punching
  • Sleeping with a spouse (no, maybe not true anymore)
  • Suing
  • Murdering
  • Drug addiction

Asking for a stay on the group tour to accommodate one's solo plans doesn't rise to that level. Nor does asking for days off during the week to tour solo. Nor does an "argument" (these guys have had a million undoubtedly ugly arguments). The firing was probably unreasonable—bad judgment, a rash move.

Yes, of course, it's over and done and let's move on. But it's not unreasonable for any of us longtime fans to want to know exactly what precipitated the firing because we want the satisfaction of knowing that the cause merited the response, and our hunch is that it did not.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And there we have it.

At least 50% of the truth, from one of the horses mouths.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm and yet the folks with close friends or employees of the band don't know what they are talking about. They just want to blame that poor excu$e for a human being.

Thank you LB!!! For not trying to PR around it. Blunt. And, oh what do you know??? They were already rehearsing for the tour. So, this whole lie that FM spread was just that. A lie.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Ledgie

Buckingham’s advice to the husband of his niece who is on the Mac tour as a drum tech:

“Mick is still a great guy. Don’t be anything other than a centered, grounded person for him. Do your job well.”

Top class Mr. Buckingham. Proud to be a fan of yours
Old 10-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. Reading that hurt my heart a little
Just to hear it directly that she did do that. And over absolutely nothing worth it either. So sad.