User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Yeah. It does seem that, after the Mirage tour time period, you don't hear much about them socializing. Well, I don't think John and Mick ever stopped hanging out. And it always seemed that Christine kept in touch with Mick and possibly John. But, even after they went through these breakups and all this emotional turmoil, lamenting how they had to be together way too much when the wounds were still fresh, they continued to spend time together even when they didn't have to.

I think they all were more important to each other and cared more about each other than they've ever been willing to admit. JMO. I don't think The Dance would've happened if that weren't the case. Christine said, more or less, that she did it because she wanted to stop with "the five" on a positive note instead of a negative one. If all of that didn't mean a lot to her, she wouldn't have bothered. Of course, the importance they had to one another is why they also had the ability to hurt each other so much.
Very good points.

I'm not sure how close they all are now. Christine has said she still feels close to them, especially Mick and John. I don't know if she's in touch with Lindsey or Stevie. Stevie still think she lives in a castle! That sounds like she's never been there.

Gail
Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

I'm not sure how close they all are now. Christine has said she still feels close to them, especially Mick and John. I don't know if she's in touch with Lindsey or Stevie. Stevie still think she lives in a castle! That sounds like she's never been there.

Gail
I believe the only time Stevie has been to England was when FM played those shows there about 3 years ago. They did all go out to dinner, but it doesn't sound like that dinner was at Christine's house.

When Chris did those ITM interviews, she said that she was in frequent contract with Mick & occasional contact with Stevie. It does sound like Chris & John do have some contact now days. I'd be surprised if she has any contact at all with Lindsey. They all have their own lives & families now, so that's the top priority.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Under the Skin came out, Lindsey said that he talks to Christine once a year, which is a lot more than I thought he talked to her anyway. He still fights with Stevie regularly, in the media if not in person. I guess he talks to Mick, whom he thinks is in "cahoots" with Stevie. And, I don't think he talks to John . . .

Stevie thinks that Christine lives in a castle and raises sheep or something. She is funny. Chris said she sometimes emails Stevie.

Quote:
I think they all were more important to each other and cared more about each other than they've ever been willing to admit.
I think that their main problem is that they developed this love for each other, but they never found a way to express it outside of the music. They weren't family. They didn't really choose each other as friends. Yet, they lived on top of each other for years on end and were together more than they were with their families. So, this bond developed and it is familial, but they don't know really know how to express it, in those terms. They have never been able to translate that chemistry that they have musically into their personal lives. So . . .

I don't think the Dance would have happened if they didn't love each other either. Lindsey has compared them to the Eagles and remarked how the Eagles don't have the same caring. Although FM is known for its feuding, I do think they care. Stevie said on that Disney Going Home (I think) that even when it was the worst, it was still like family. I know John has said it was like having 2 brothers and 2sisters and that you're still a family even when you don't see each other.

I remember the first time Chris said she loved Stevie and Lindsey, right after Rumours. It was like it was a revelation to her. She was talking it out and was like, yeah I guess it is love. It seemed to come as a surprise to her.

In the SYW program, Lindsey said something about not having to have been able to admit they loved each other in a very long time. The tensions get in the way and there is hate sometimes and definitely anger, but it fades away and the residual affection abides.

I mean, what do you do when you have feelings for someone, but you really have nothing in common with them except music? They have this shared history and I think a shared sense of humor in many ways, but probably never developed communication techniques, except in song.

Of course, Mick is the exception. Mick is friends with everyone, past and present. As long as you don't sleep with Jenny, he's your pal for life.

Michele
Old 08-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Ledgie

I think you nailed it down pretty well, Michele.

I don't want to start a whole topic on this, draw a lot of attention to it or make a big deal, but I have a question. Does anyone think that Chris had a little nip/tuck done sometime between Behind the Mask and The Dance? I mean, I thought she looked really good in the Behind the Mask tour footage I've seen. But, in The Dance video, she looks...different. Not necessarily better, just different.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't want to start a whole topic on this, draw a lot of attention to it or make a big deal, but I have a question. Does anyone think that Chris had a little nip/tuck done sometime between Behind the Mask and The Dance? I mean, I thought she looked really good in the Behind the Mask tour footage I've seen. But, in The Dance video, she looks...different. Not necessarily better, just different.
Yeah, I think there was something done. Thank heavens though that when she did the ITM publicity she still looked good and natural and didn't resemble Joan Rivers or anything. And how does she stay so trim? She kept talking about cooking pasta for Dan. When I make a habit of cooking pasta, somehow I'm not able to fit in the size jeans that she's still wearing.

Michele
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you nailed it down pretty well, Michele.

I would put it after Time and before The Dance

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 08-27-2007 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, I think there was something done. Thank heavens though that when she did the ITM publicity she still looked good and natural and didn't resemble Joan Rivers or anything. And how does she stay so trim? She kept talking about cooking pasta for Dan. When I make a habit of cooking pasta, somehow I'm not able to fit in the size jeans that she's still wearing.

Michele
I think she does lead a fairly lifestyle these days. No drugs, no alcohol, good healthy food and walking the dogs three times a day.

I think that's one of the reasons why she doesn't want to go back to working with FM - she thinks she might sucked into that unhealthy lifestyle. I think that these days they're all healthier than they used to be.

Gail
Old 08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Ledgie

I thought Christine looked markedly better during the Tango-BTM period than she did around Mirage-Christine McVie. I think it was simply due to more flattering makeup and hairstyle. But, makeup and hairstyle alone cannot explain the change in her appearance for The Dance. You can see in the Tango vid that she is pretty thin, yet not as thin as she was in 1997-98 (or now). When women get to be the age she is now, they often look younger if they gain a few pounds. In those interviews for ITM, I swear her thighs looked about as big around as my forearm. She still looked good for her age, even if she was a little on the bony side. I did notice that she had her hair all in her eyes again. I've always had the urge to reach through the TV and brush it out of her face. Whatever work she had done prior to The Dance was very WELL done and subtle. She didn't look like she'd had anything else done since.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did notice that she had her hair all in her eyes again. I've always had the urge to reach through the TV and brush it out of her face. Whatever work she had done prior to The Dance was very WELL done and subtle. She didn't look like she'd had anything else done since.
The last picture of her that was published her hair is a little shorter and I think looks better than during ITM.

I agree that if she had some work done it was very good.

Gail
Old 08-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The last picture of her that was published her hair is a little shorter and I think looks better than during ITM.

I agree that if she had some work done it was very good.

Gail
The thing that got me about that last picture of her was the lack of eyeliner! She is almost always seen wearing oodles of eyeliner. She doesn't really need it.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM

I love the Black and white photo of Christine during the Dance promo...

i like her hair in that too
Old 08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would put it after Time and before The Dance

Gail
Yes, check out her pictures in the Time booklet, then look at her Dance era photos. Something obviously happened during that time.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought Christine looked markedly better during the Tango-BTM period than she did around Mirage-Christine McVie. I think it was simply due to more flattering makeup and hairstyle.
I totally agree and I don't think it was just the makeup & hairstyle. From around 1982-84, I think she was still trying to recover from her time with Dennis Wilson. She was still doing drugs too at that time. In one of her ITM interviews, she said that she quit doing drugs in 1984. She just didn't look healthy during the early to mid 1980's. I remember I saw her in a TV interview just as Tango was coming out. I couldn't believe how fantastic she looked, so much better than earlier during the Mirage/solo period.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

i like her hair in that too
Me too. That Dance era short haircut was her best hairstyle ever, in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have any recent information as to whether Chris still smokes? I think I read that she started smoking again when she split up with Eddy Quintella, but that was quite a few years ago now. I'd like to think that her healthful lifestyle in the English countryside includes being a non-smoker.