Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Sadly, Fleetwood Mac became ensnared in this double-edged sword that ended up stunting their growth musically, eventually delivering a fatal blow to the band's legacy.
So true. It's so staggering to me... Stevie literally refuses to make new music despite "the majority" wanting to do it... and it's allowed. One band member keeping the rest of the band from growing musically is acceptable...

But Lindsey requesting to delay the band's tour is a firing offense (although Stevie has done it without consequence). This is if you buy the band's narrative without question. They have no idea how bad even their own story makes them look.

Contemptible.

Lost perspective indeed.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-13-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
If you want to see Neil Finn's stage presence, here is two hour concert of Neil performing with another songwriter extraordinaire (Paul Kelly). Neil and Paul go back and forth playing their songs. Amazing show!

Thank you for posting this. I've been so busy lately and haven't had the chance to properly sit down and listen to Neil Finn. I've always liked Paul Kelly, so this show is turning out to be an amazing experience.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WTF does this video have to do with Stevie, Lindsey, or the Rumours lineup???

Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
WTF does this video have to do with Stevie, Lindsey, or the Rumours lineup???
AMEN! I'm sick of seeing Crowded F*cking House here!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I fear it's a lost cause in terms of the forum. The moderators have made their decision.

While the OCD part of me which likes everything to be categorized and sorted properly is triggered by this illogical decision, there's nothing we can do.

We can at least ask that threads stay on topic, however.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I fear it's a lost cause in terms of the forum. The moderators have made their decision.

While the OCD part of me which likes everything to be categorized and sorted properly is triggered by this illogical decision, there's nothing we can do.

We can at least ask that threads stay on topic, however.
I was also wondering what a Neil Finn video had to do with Stevie vs. Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
So true. It's so staggering to me... Stevie literally refuses to make new music despite "the majority" wanting to do it... and it's allowed. One band member keeping the rest of the band from growing musically is acceptable...
I agree that she should have been shown the door last year on principle. The reality is that she‘s the major draw, but is also personally close to Mick and Christine. For whatever reason, Lindsey agreed to release the album under a different moniker and stuck to the script, so I feel slightly less sympathetic on this point.

Quote:
But Lindsey requesting to delay the band's tour is a firing offense (although Stevie has done it without consequence). This is if you buy the band's narrative without question. They have no idea how bad even their own story makes them look.
It’s not really apples and oranges, though. Stevie’s album was released when the band was on hiatus and she decided to extend the tour. I’m not saying I support what happened, especially that whole Rod Stewart thing, but she was supporting that was already out.

Also, there wasn’t the same sense of urgency in 2012 as there is today. Christine was still retired and John hadn’t had cancer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I was also wondering what a Neil Finn video had to do with Stevie vs. Lindsey.
Well maybe he could fill some of the void left by Lindsey . He could even reenact the kicking scene from that infamous long ago Fleetwood Mac show in his native land.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I agree that she should have been shown the door last year on principle. The reality is that she‘s the major draw, but is also personally close to Mick and Christine.
Also, there wasn’t the same sense of urgency in 2012 as there is today. Christine was still retired and John hadn’t had cancer.
Stevie is closer to Mick for sure and has that over Lindsey but Lindsey just finished an album+tour with Christine and she loved the experience and praised him over and over. So I think that situation changed. Which is why Christine is insisting that she didn't even know they kicked Lindsey out till after the deed was done. Whether the details of that are entirely as they're telling it, I think it says something that she wants to make it known that she had no part in what happened.

And personally I don't think one year would have been a big deal. Since the tour will likely be extensive and have added legs (just like their other tours), they would probably still be on the road at around that time anyways. If they had waited a year and made the tour less extensive (which John indicated he would have preferred), it all could've been fine. But doing that would have made them earn a few less millions, which I doubt Mick would've been happy about.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see that crowded man is still being pushed around this thread. ( even in quotes)
What ever open mind I might have had towards that man has left a long time ago already. Mouse person, you are now rapidly building up a real, real aversion to ANYTHING finn for me, personally. You are just trying WAY too hard, and ad nauseum. It's a good social skill to recognize the time and place for things.

Please have mercy on us. I am to the point where even his name makes me want to vomit.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I see that crowded man is still being pushed around this thread. ( even in quotes)
What ever open mind I might have had towards that man has left a long time ago already. Mouse person, you are now rapidly building up a real, real aversion to ANYTHING finn for me, personally. You are just trying WAY too hard, and ad nauseum. It's a good social skill to recognize the time and place for things.

Please have mercy on us. I am to the point where even his name makes me want to vomit.
THANK YOU! May I buy you a cocktail?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THANK YOU! May I buy you a cocktail?
Thanks! I'd love a drink. Such fine hospitality here on The Lindsey Ledge.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
In the Skies the Limit video there a clip of Stevie, Chris, Rick and Billy (I think) standing backstage singing and I always wanted to know what they were singing but the studio track was playing over it. I wish footage from that shoot would show up.
I've always wondered what they were singing, too.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's funny because I'm starting to feel overwhelming nausea every time I hear Lindsey's name ...
Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, I don’t judge a football team by its cheerleaders, but the rodent has gone on overkill.

THE Stephen Hopkins