The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, when she does something that used to make her self-conscious and decides that she doesn't care, be it playing the piano or wearing flat shoes on stage, I applaud it.

I actually think her ego problems (which seem to be growing, rather than diminishing over time) lie in the opposite direction.

Michele
Old 02-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is not trying to impress anyone with her musical skills but rather give her fans ( and not the bucky heads who are always complaining about her anyways) a glimpse at what these songs sound like when they are written.

As far as Stevie's attitude goes she should have adopted this outlook years ago. I think she has gotten to the point age wise where doesn't have the time to compromise now and regret it later.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie is not trying to impress anyone with her musical skills but rather give her fans ( and not the bucky heads who are always complaining about her anyways) a glimpse at what these songs sound like when they are written.

As far as Stevie's attitude goes she should have adopted this outlook years ago. I think she has gotten to the point age wise where doesn't have the time to compromise now and regret it later.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:

I'm convinced even more now that she seriously needs help making music out of her raw material.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, when she does something that used to make her self-conscious and decides that she doesn't care, be it playing the piano or wearing flat shoes on stage, I applaud it.

I actually think her ego problems (which seem to be growing, rather than diminishing over time) lie in the opposite direction.

Michele
TO me, it feels like a resentment that's grown over the last ~40 years toward the band and (especially Lindsey) that she can do it without them. A weird place to be at her age. Especially, since she's already proven that she can. Now that Christine is back, perhaps it triggers even more of that resentment. 70% of an album with Buckingham/McVie singing and writing might have triggered it, too.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-08-2015 at 05:06 PM..
Old 02-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
70% of an album with Buckingham/McVie singing and writing might have triggered it, too.
Whose fault was that though?
Old 02-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Whose fault was that though?
It's called KARMA...Since Stevie joined the band they have made her feel like an outsider and at times only had her around when it was necessary/profitable so I find the fact that FM and in particular LB are now seemingly "bending over backwards" to get her involved and Stevie seems to be "Not interested" somewhat humorous.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's called KARMA...Since Stevie joined the band they have made her feel like an outsider and at times only had her around when it was necessary/profitable so I find the fact that FM and in particular LB are now seemingly "bending over backwards" to get her involved and Stevie seems to be "Not interested" somewhat humorous.
Huh? Like she didn't/doesn't profit from being in the band? They gave her a platform to become a star in the first place.

Exactly how did they make her feel like an outsider? It's amazing how somebody who isn't treating the band as a major priority herself "feels like an outsider." If anything, they were frustrated by her lack of availablity in the studio in all of the albums post-Tusk. And let's face it, the song she's given the band from 1987 onward haven't exactly been anywhere close to her best work with Fleetwood Mac. "Gypsy" was really her last great song that she wrote for Fleetwood Mac. That was 33 years ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

In a similar reversal of roles I find it particularly humorous that for years Stevie didn't say very much onstage and Lindsey would ramble on and on…while Stevie stood off to the side of the stage rolling her eyes. She'd even comment in interviews that she thought he talked way too much onstage and people were there to hear the music and not talking.

Now another instance where the tables have turned and he's toned he's blather way down (at Mac shows) compared to the past and Stevie, miss "no one's here to listen to us talk" yaps on and on and on onstage.

So typically FM… what we say/do today may be the complete oppose of what we say/do tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Old 02-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huh? Like she didn't/doesn't profit from being in the band? They gave her a platform to become a star in the first place.

Exactly how did they make her feel like an outsider? It's amazing how somebody who isn't treating the band as a major priority herself "feels like an outsider." If anything, they were frustrated by her lack of availablity in the studio in all of the albums post-Tusk. And let's face it, the song she's given the band from 1987 onward haven't exactly been anywhere close to her best work with Fleetwood Mac. "Gypsy" was really her last great song that she wrote for Fleetwood Mac. That was 33 years ago.
People are always so quick to compare the success of Stevie's solo career to FM...Does that same standard apply to LB??? Because if it does then Stevie is far ahead of LB. How many of LB's records come close to selling as many as a FM record??? "Bella Donna" and "Wild Heart" had sales rivaling "tusk "mirage" and "tango". Have any of LB's records done that?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Mick trying to get on Stevie's good side?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People are always so quick to compare the success of Stevie's solo career to FM...Does that same standard apply to LB??? Because if it does then Stevie is far ahead of LB. How many of LB's records come close to selling as many as a FM record??? "Bella Donna" and "Wild Heart" had sales rivaling "tusk "mirage" and "tango". Have any of LB's records done that?
Comparing solo careers is a straw man.

If you want to be technical about it, it's real easy to say Stevie had "solo" success, but how "solo" was her actual initial success outside of Fleetwood Mac? The first two singles off "Bella Donna" were duets with Tom Petty and Don Henley. Stevie was riding the coattails of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the Eagles. Throw in her duet with Kenny Loggins a few years earlier, and it becomes clear that Stevie's hit duets with top mainstream artists early on help her establish an identity outside of Fleetwood Mac.

Lindsey didn't do that, nor did he make albums specifically for the mainstream crowds, whereas Stevie has always been very calculating about the mainstream appeal of her music.

Fleetwood Mac didn't rely on her popularity" so much as they expected her to be the full member of the band that she was supposed to be.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac didn't rely on her popularity" so much as they expected her to be the full member of the band that she was supposed to be.
This is an important statement.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:

That's exactly right.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus, some Stevie fans have some big egos and opinions. Without this band, Stevie and Lindsey both would 99% likely be playing bars or city festivals for 200 people max right about now with nobody likely giving two ****s about their artistic potential. This band gave them everything and made them who they are. Fleetwood Mac saved Stevie's career twice. Stevie's musical career was almost dead in the water after BuckinghamNicks and again after Street Angel, considering that album only spent 3 weeks within the top 100 album chart. If it wasn't for the reunion, Stevie would be a relic by now as would Lindsey despite her 'solo success' early on.