Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Only I would notice this, but I wonder why they took Christine's harmony off the end of "Why". It's the same performance as the Midnight Special which have the three part harmony at the end. You can even here Chris's harmony kick back in at the very end.
No, I noticed it and found it absolutely bizarre, because I always thought that she was singing the melody there and they were harmonizing with her. I was thinking, "What happened to the melody line??" It was especially noticeable to me because I typically sing along with that line.

Did they really take it off? I thought perhaps two takes were recorded and they made the inexplicable choice to use one where her voice was either missing or hard to hear.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-25-2018 at 07:32 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Did they really take it off? I thought perhaps two takes were recorded and they made the inexplicable choice to use one where her voice was either missing or hard to hear.
Or was it added as an overdub when played on the Midnight Special?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:08 AM

I have the digital package. Thinking of getting the hard copy. PHotos look amazing.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Netter75
This message has been deleted by Netter75. Reason: Made a mistake
Old 01-25-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Yeah it seems as if Stevie's vocal is WAY high in the mix on all four of those songs and Christine's is pushed way back. Not sure why they chose to do that. Still, it's good we have alternate live version of Why and Rhiannon where we can hear everybody!

As far as B/N deluxe goes, that would be the only other logical step. Can't see them messing with the rest of Fleetwood Mac's catalog or any further solo work unless they released something like "Best of Fleetwood Mac Live 1971-1974" or something (which wouldn't be unwelcome).

This is only speculation, but weren't Crystal and Frozen Love played at the Oakland show where the live Over My Head was recorded? It would stand to reason that recordings of those two songs exist as well, so maybe they're holding off and sticking them on the future B/N reissue?

But then again Don't Let Me Down Again was on this reissue so maybe I'm talking out of my ass
I was blasting this version of DLMDA... it's so good!!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was blasting this version of DLMDA... it's so good!!
It's excellent! Way better than the one off of LIVE. There's actually a couple live songs on this reissue that have become the definitive live versions for me (Rhiannon, Why, I'm So Afraid, World Turning, Oh Well, Don't Let Me Down Again, Over My Head, Green Manalishi). Chris and Lindsey especially are in vocal prime on these songs.

(Also in the post you quoted I thought I'd made an error, but I only accidentally said the Oakland show instead of the Connecticut show. Point still stands )

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 01-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Most likely it was removed. Though I'm not sure why. I noticed other omissions in the patter before and after songs. But this is the only instance I found where an actual vocal was removed. Annoying.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. It would certainly make more sense than going to the trouble of removing a flawlessly sung part by the piece's lead singer.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

What I didn't realize until I went through the liner notes is that DLMDA was used on FM Live as an alternate mix. I grabbed Live's booklet and there it is -- Passaic! So interesting how it was remixed. I like the newer version.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm listening to the DVD and I can't get over the sound. The sound effects at the end of Crystal. The vocals on Landslide and don't get me started on Sugar Daddy. I'm loving this so much. This is my favorite era of Fleetwood Mac.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad7 View Post
What I didn't realize until I went through the liner notes is that DLMDA was used on FM Live as an alternate mix. I grabbed Live's booklet and there it is -- Passaic! So interesting how it was remixed. I like the newer version.
I noticed that too. Love the new mixes of old live stuff, so much better.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe but she is singing along with them on camera in the midnight special though they did a collage of all three singing, so MAYBE it was added later.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Okay, I broke down and bought it -- should be arriving in a week or so.

I have to admit, because of the high price tag and the fact that I could listen to most of this on Spotify already, I've avoided the remastered releases. But I bought a 5.1 system solely because I own the original DVD-A of Rumours from the early 2000s. I love that disc so much, and all the praise for the surround sound mix of "Fleetwood Mac" pushed me over the edge. Fingers crossed.

For those that have the Tusk and Mirage 5.1 mixes -- also worth the money? Less so?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Okay, I broke down and bought it -- should be arriving in a week or so.

I have to admit, because of the high price tag and the fact that I could listen to most of this on Spotify already, I've avoided the remastered releases. But I bought a 5.1 system solely because I own the original DVD-A of Rumours from the early 2000s. I love that disc so much, and all the praise for the surround sound mix of "Fleetwood Mac" pushed me over the edge. Fingers crossed.

For those that have the Tusk and Mirage 5.1 mixes -- also worth the money? Less so?

Yes worth every penny. I love the 5.1 mixes. I wish we could have got it with the Tango box.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m a little unclear about “Why” and Christine not being in the mix. I clearly hear her all throughout Midnight Special and on the snippet from the box on Amazon. Does she cut out on the box at some point?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m a little unclear about “Why” and Christine not being in the mix. I clearly hear her all throughout Midnight Special and on the snippet from the box on Amazon. Does she cut out on the box at some point?
She's not singing in the end "you don't have to give up, why is all wrong..." It's just Stevie and Lindsey but in a previous mix it was all three.