User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
they made no attempt to indicate at all that there were two sides to the story. you know Stevie's never going to admit it.

Interestingly for once Mick said nothing about his departure at all. He's the one that's been pushed forward to say something about it in all the tour interviews.
there's just one side to the story, and Christine basically told it - Stevie and Lindsey cannot be in the same room without arguments. that's all.

and so Stevie used her position of power to oust him. just like Lindsey said. and band just laid down and went with the company line. and now they are trying to justify it - Mick by lying about "the band" not being "happy" (who tf cares whether YOU are happy Mick?? ), and Christine by justifying that she went with it because oh so many people get "pleasure" from seeing the crippled band and apparently she gets pleasure from seeing reviewers bang on her signing while praising stevie's.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine: "The Chain is 5 of us [holding up 5 fingers] - The RUMOURS 5"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What's the story with Stevie's teeth?

Sorry, I'm not an authority on Stevie Nick's teeth. I don't ever remember seeing her in 1970's footage with bad teeth. However, I think she was a bit 'gappy' in the 90's. I thought in the 00's and 10's her teeth were okay but then in that doc last night her teeth looked really f*@#ing awful....huge gaps.

Could somebody in the know please enlighten me?

thank you
If it’s the bottom teeth that someone said are looking “gappy”, that’s common with a smoker. The tissue recedes as the bone recedes and your teeth look longer and have more space between. I haven’t seen the video, but my guess is that’s what happened to her bottom ones.
The top ones may have been redone by someone a little over zealous, or as per the Queens instructions. And that definitely can affect speech.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Benifolds......Bob Welch. Surprisingly good things to say about him. Oh, then she says the whole time he was in the band he was a "heroin junkie"
Oh my goodness. If Wendy were still alive she would spontaneously combust in flames. Michele
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris explains that Over My Head was inspired by Lindsey. "I don't think he ever knew that, but-- he knows NOW!" and she points at the camera and laughs.

Nancy Wilson from Heart comments about how great a song it is.
We knew it, so he probably knew already.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie says when FM goes offstage they all go their separate ways and don't talk. except her and Chris of course, they talk. Then after about a year the managers start calling them and they get ready to go do an album (Mirage)
I just can’t see her talking to Chris when they aren’t working. Mick, but not Chris.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No one was talking doing that video. The director says cranky band and lots of alcohol and 105 degrees. John drunk tried to punch out director. They ordered a giant penis cake for Mick's birthday which he cut with a sword. Stevie was diva and insisted on wearing her heels in the sand.
The hills in the sand were a beautiful touch though. The director should’ve kissed her for that idea.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie shows off diamond ring Chris gave her before she left. She wore it every day for the next 16 years to feel like Chris was there.
Yeah, I don’t think she wore it every day for 16 years.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So it all just confirms the obvious - they did the math and calculated that it was better for business to keep her and not him.
Look, if you have to take sides, why not take the side of the person who sells the most tickets, rather than the side of the person who worked tirelessly to make your songs iconic. No brainer.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Look, if you have to take sides, why not take the side of the person who sells the most tickets, rather than the side of the person who worked tirelessly to make your songs iconic. No brainer.
Yep... the very songs that everyone buying a ticket to a show is paying to hear. The songs they never would have known if not for your gorgeous production getting them on the radio. smh
Old 09-22-2019, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, I don’t think she wore it every day for 16 years.
Are you saying that Stevie would LIE???

Say it ain't so!!! She's DELUSIONAL. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I truly believe that she believes her own lines of CRAP.

It's not a lie, if you believe it. - George Costanza
Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Are you saying that Stevie would LIE???

Say it ain't so!!! She's DELUSIONAL. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I truly believe that she believes her own lines of CRAP.

It's not a lie, if you believe it. - George Costanza
I have to confess I'm eager to hear her bunch of lies about Lindsey's firing, once this tour is over. Or if he ever decides to come clean.

Let's face it: this is more than just an old woman being delusional. And everyone around her know it, but they just go with the flow because she means money, and Lindsey doesn't.

Half of what Christine said are fabricated lies. She doesn't strike me as the kind of person who could be friends with Stevie. She can tolerate her, but friends? She's friends with Jenny Boyd, not Stevie.

But now they're all of a sudden "Sisters of the Moon"..... right….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Half of what Christine said are fabricated lies. She doesn't strike me as the kind of person who could be friends with Stevie. She can tolerate her, but friends? She's friends with Jenny Boyd, not Stevie.

But now they're all of a sudden "Sisters of the Moon"..... right….
Exactly. I've seen too much footage of her turning her head and rolling her eyes at the idiot. She knows $tevie's an idiot.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. I've seen too much footage of her turning her head and rolling her eyes at the idiot. She knows $tevie's an idiot.
Agreed. And yet, I now find her just as gross as I do Stevie and Mick.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Agreed. And yet, I now find her just as gross as I do Stevie and Mick.
As much as it kills me to throw my life long heroine under the bus, I agree. She might be half a notch above them, but no more than that.

WHAT was all that BuckVie love? Just more CRAP? IF IF IF she cared for him the way it looked, SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE MOTHER F*CKING BUS, AND SAVED THE DAY.

But she folded like a cheap lawn chair.