The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dave Stewart says he's working on something w Stevie?

From Dave's Facebook..seems a little cryptic:
https://www.facebook.com/davestewart...type=3&theater
Old 04-20-2020, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He posted about this on Instagram as well. Last week he posted himself recording a guitar part with #stevienicks (https://www.instagram.com/tv/B--9KBi...=1xum21y4rhpo6) and then yesterday he tagged the photo with her (https://www.instagram.com/p/B_MEUtpp...=1dxuihvu6slps).
Old 04-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm. Just one song for some project, or the beginning of a new album maybe? The Rhiannon story?
Old 04-20-2020, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is that Stevie is releasing a song for a COVID-19 charity.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the simple and repetitive chord structure certainly seems like it could be something she originally came up with on the piano e.g., the Rhiannon songs, that he may be working on turning into fuller arrangements/production. I'd be happy to see them reach the light of day, but do wonder if Dave's musical aesthetic fits the ethereal-ness of that material....
Old 04-21-2020, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the simple and repetitive chord structure certainly seems like it could be something she originally came up with on the piano e.g., the Rhiannon songs, that he may be working on turning into fuller arrangements/production. I'd be happy to see them reach the light of day, but do wonder if Dave's musical aesthetic fits the ethereal-ness of that material....

As long as it's NOTHING like "Cheaper than Free". #AWFUL
Old 04-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
He posted about this on Instagram as well. Last week he posted himself recording a guitar part with #stevienicks (https://www.instagram.com/tv/B--9KBi...=1xum21y4rhpo6) and then yesterday he tagged the photo with her (https://www.instagram.com/p/B_MEUtpp...=1dxuihvu6slps).
Well he references Stevie and songwriting so maybe they are working on a new Nicks solo album now.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well he references Stevie and songwriting so maybe they are working on a new Nicks solo album now.
Here's hoping whatever it is sounds a hell of a lot better than the 24K album. Her voice sounds so awful compared to the mixing for In Your Dreams. I know it was a slightly rushed project but sheesh.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well most of the music critics really loved 24 KARAT GOLD, for what its worth. I liked it, but I thought IN YOUR DREAMS and TROUBLE IN SHANGRI-LA are two of the best albums Nicks has ever done. I'd love an IN YOUR DREAMS part 2.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The @stevienicks Instagram account just posted a story of Stevie and Dave Grohl (from their Rolling Stone shoot a few years ago)... the plot thickens?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Here's hoping whatever it is sounds a hell of a lot better than the 24K album. Her voice sounds so awful compared to the mixing for In Your Dreams. I know it was a slightly rushed project but sheesh.
I agree. The vocals were so nasal it was hard to listen to. Cathouse Blues and Starshine stand out as two of the most nasal sounding on the record. I did love the Dealer and Lady wasn't bad but overall I was very disapointed.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In Your Dreams was excellent up to about song 7 then it went south on me. Ghosts Are Gone, Italian Summer, Cheaper Then Free, Everybody Loves You etc didn't quite work for me. TISL is my favourite album of hers. I can relate to lost of things in those collection of songs.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s going to be recordings of her “Rhiannon poems” I assume for this movie she has been talking about since the late seventies/early eighties. I sure hope it’s not as nasal as 24kg. However, I think that her voice these days.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
It’s going to be recordings of her “Rhiannon poems” I assume for this movie she has been talking about since the late seventies/early eighties. I sure hope it’s not as nasal as 24kg. However, I think that her voice these days.
With her current vocals it will be terrible . I shudder to think of how she will sound now croaking or shouting out the lyrics to "Forest of the Black Roses" .Can't they just use the old demos vocals and record new music

Old 05-05-2020, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
With her current vocals it will be terrible . I shudder to think of how she will sound now croaking or shouting out the lyrics to "Forest of the Black Roses" .Can't they just use the old demos vocals and record new music

That’s exactly what I was hoping. Maybe a combination of both old recordings with the new. “FOTBR” vocals are amazing from back in the day.