User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Thank you To All For The Responses. MORE FM THOUGHTS, Takes

Hello

Thank you to all who have responded to my threads, It is very nice and interesting to see other peoples takes on things. Considering there isn’t much FM news at this point, it’s been nice to see some active threads

Now, this one:

. I can understand that you can’t judge everything by the sales, sans LB solo career, but at the same time FM has to be measured by sales sometimes, considering they have sold, and let’s face it, at the end of the day, it is your intent to see records.

. I will have to admit that regardless of what the Eagles did on their last album, whatever they did, worked times millions. It is sad because FM with SYW couldn’t even come close to that success that The Eagles had, and I still wonder why to be honest. OF course, thanks goodness FM didn’t sell out to Country like the Eagles have

. I don’t understand how some people can say that Tusk bombed , didn’t sell and yet justify SYW sales. I mean, Tusk sold 4 million, heck, even if it is 2, million double records vs. a album that has not even sold 1 million. The argument just doesn’t seem to hold water to me

. I will admit, that I am very happy for Mick and his Blues Band. Honestly, when I heard what he was doing and who with, I really did laugh it off, and even when I heard he was up for a Grammy, I didn’t really think much of it. But, after seeing the DVD and listening to CD, was pleasantly surprised, It was real good and even though I am no fan of Vito, I was impressed with him. Weird, how Mick of all people is the one who actually had a success of a record, DVD, etc, I never would have saw that one coming

. I had the opportunity to take friends to see LB live, and even though they still didn’t per say enjoy his style of music, they did state that he was super talented, and they got his autograph after the show, and said they were shocked how nice and humble he was. I have so much respect for the man, after all these years, he is so down to earth and humble

. Mirage was only 18 shows, yikes, that’s less than I though. Mirage was a #1 album, I wonder what would have happened had they stayed on the road for a while

. I read SN Rock a Little tour book from 1985, and she actually had LB included in the special thanks. That shocked me, I thought they hated each other sans 1985 time

. It’s weird how SN needs so many musicians to help her, etc, especially on her early records, and yet LB Is able to do it on his own. Better or worse, I always found that much more impressive compared to SN solo sales

. I don’t understand why FM doesn’t end the Chain Live with the solo, like during the Rumours or Tusk tour days. I so appreciate the Chain ending, when they are live, where LB just goes crazy. I mean, The Dance chain beginning and middle is good, but never liked the ending. They could rock it out

. Why hasn’t FM received some sort of life time achievement from the Grammys. I mean, heck, they give it to other acts who aren’t as deserving.

. I wonder if FM has every worked with Bruce Springsteen

. I think Bruce And The E Street Band should double bill with FM. Awesome. 2 best band ever. And good luck bashing the Boss, you simply wouldn’t have the numbers to back it up. His albums are always or mostly at #1 , so don’t even try
Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Did you ever think of taking part in the debates that happen after these threads? Or are you enjoying sitting back and watching people fight it out like a Roman Emperor in a Collosseum? If you would like I do have a Chez Lounge and Grapes to hand..
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What she said ^ Omg, I can hardly breathe. Let me compose myself, & I might have an answer for you, David.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What Jilly and Bee said: quit making so many damn threads and continue the topics you already started

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't actually seen the back and fourth in these threads... I can't get past the periods in front of every sentence. Those are supposed to go on the end, you know.

At least this thread doesn't say PLS READ. That's the only reason I was clicking on them in the first place.

Ok I'm really done now....sorry.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
Mirage was only 18 shows, yikes, that’s less than I though. Mirage was a #1 album, I wonder what would have happened had they stayed on the road for a while
I choose his thought of yours, and share Mick's comment from his book about it.

Mirage also marked the first time that Fleetwood Mac didn't automatically tour to support a new album. Stevie's solo career was now in full swing, and she obviously didn't want to do a long Fleetwood Mac road binge in the midst of becoming one of the biggest stars in the business. We did do an eighteen-show stint during the summer of 1982 that was booked around two big outdoor festivals in Florida and the immense U.S. Festival in California (for which Fleetwood Mac received $80O,000 for one show). We worked for about a month, made some money, and Irving Azoff's company, Frontline Management, got 15 percent of the tour for organising it.

I felt sick when we stopped touring. Mirage was number one and sales were strong in cities where we'd played. I wanted to be on the move, touring until the cows came home, but the others were less enthusiastic. Christine had sessions for her own solo album scheduled, and we'd been lucky to get Stevie at all. As soon as we left the road, Mirage died after five weeks at number one. The Australian band Men at Work, who had opened for us on the road, saw their album go to number one shortly thereafter.

He kind of blames on Stevie about the short tour, but at the end admits no one was enthusiastic. That's why I insist this was an era far different from the 70s, though still the same lineup. They were wealthy, surrounded by lawyers and managers. Their interests were far different from those they had in 1975. The band was more disbanded than united, this is confirmed by the 5 years we had to wait until Tango, a good album but recorded mainly to help Mick from his bankruptcy.

Answering your questions, I gues Mirage would have lasted more on the top ten, but not necessarily N.1
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read SN Rock a Little tour book from 1985, and she actually had LB included in the special thanks. That shocked me, I thought they hated each other sans 1985 time
I didn't know that! I'm surprised too. During the Tango studio sessions, Mick tells how complicated it was, specially between those two. However read the last phrase.

Stevie finally showed up in January 1987; we'd been working six months, and it was the only time the whole band was in the studio together. We had been sending copies of our working tapes to Stevie's home in Arizona. On her part, she was dreading that Lindsey, in his producing capacity, would be sarcastic toward her, but he made an effort not to be as much of a martinet as he was with the rest of us. He was under some strain with this project, and lost his patience occasionally, but with Stevie we wanted him to be more objective and professional. He tried to make her feel great in the studio, and they got on well. (The love-hate saga between those two will never end.)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are you Ethan #2?

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
. I will have to admit that regardless of what the Eagles did on their last album, whatever they did, worked times millions. It is sad because FM with SYW couldn’t even come close to that success that The Eagles had, and I still wonder why to be honest. OF course, thanks goodness FM didn’t sell out to Country like the Eagles have

. I don’t understand how some people can say that Tusk bombed , didn’t sell and yet justify SYW sales. I mean, Tusk sold 4 million, heck, even if it is 2, million double records vs. a album that has not even sold 1 million. The argument just doesn’t seem to hold water to me

. I had the opportunity to take friends to see LB live, and even though they still didn’t per say enjoy his style of music, they did state that he was super talented, and they got his autograph after the show, and said they were shocked how nice and humble he was. I have so much respect for the man, after all these years, he is so down to earth and humble

. I wonder if FM has every worked with Bruce Springsteen
I guess FM would have to lean more toward country if they wanted to sell the numbers that the Eagles last album did. Like you, I'm happy FM isn't 'selling out'.

I get aggravated when I hear how Tusk 'failed'. Selling 4 million units is a success! Yes, it wasn't as many as Rumours sold, but considering that it was a double album and the music world was changing drastically in the late '70s, Tusk did a great job!

You took your friends to see LB?! Lucky friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, Bruce Springsteen hasn't worked with FM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of Tusk being a "failure", the same this is said for Michael Jackson. His followup to Thriller, Bad (which i consider to be a better album), sold 30 million copies, which is nothing to sneeze at, but when compared to Thriller, it's considered to be a commercial failure

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. I read SN Rock a Little tour book from 1985, and she actually had LB included in the special thanks. That shocked me, I thought they hated each other sans 1985 time
I'm not sure you meant to use 'sans' here..? 'Sans' means without, or lacking