User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Just trying to do my good deed for the day.
Ha! But you're a liberal, sweetheart.

Old 07-12-2004, 03:05 PM

Wow, I see some interesting stuff transpired while I was away. Evidently, some posts were deleted as well.

As far as this Fritz material being released, I would rather just get it as is. I'd rather not see any studio tampering at this point.

With all due respect, this material will have limited appeal at this point. FM is a big concert draw, but it's not selling nearly as many records as it once did. Did SYW make platinum yet? So trying to rerecord parts of these songs, be it vocals or whatever, may be quite futile anyway, since the people who are going to buy the stuff will buy it anyway. That's the handfuls of FM crazies like me who frequent this and other band boards. So get it out there, but don't be waiting for Lindsey to make a decision on this. I suspect he's got more on his plate than he can handle, and he is notoriously slow.

I'd rather not see him get distracted with this. He's working on new stuff that I hope he gets out in public before we all croak.

If this Fritz material is good as is, let's have it. I'll buy it.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:10 PM

Also, Javier, if you're still reading, I have a question:

You told The Penguin in 1999 that "Tusk is quite forgettable." Yet Lindsey still calls it his best work. Does he know how you feel about it?

You also said Lindsey and Stevie take very few risks in their music. Is Lindsey's Tusk work not risky in your opinion?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Tusk is forgettable, I'm voting for Bush, Carne.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Also, Javier, if you're still reading, I have a question:

You told The Penguin in 1999 that "Tusk is quite forgettable." Yet Lindsey still calls it his best work. Does he know how you feel about it?

You also said Lindsey and Stevie take very few risks in their music. Is Lindsey's Tusk work not risky in your opinion?
What?! I don't see Javier being superfamous musician guy. Didn't they leave that band cause they were too good for it? Geesh...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
I am hoping Linds will make some time available for this.
Hehheh. . . . Best of luck!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Ledgie

WOW! A potential FRITZ REUNION?! How sweet is that?!?!

Judging by your correspondence so far with fans, Javier, I can already assure you that if Fritz did do anything, you'd already be my new favorite group just because you obviously care about fans and about the music. That's the way it should be.

And maybe it would be cool if we got some sort of boxed set... Some old Fritz recordings, some new ones, and Lindsey could even maybe even through in the rest of his GoS stuff just to get it out and move on. I'd buy it-- even if it were $100. Just make sure it's got lots of cool pics!! I wanna see a young babe Stevie and a younger axe-toting Lindsey!!

Larg's a happy boy tonight!!

Adam R.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
What?! I don't see Javier being superfamous musician guy. Didn't they leave that band cause they were too good for it? Geesh...
AMber
Hell, I'd just like to see him answer the question, but I'm not sure I've gotten his attention.

Perhaps I should put up a link with a Fritz bootleg!?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Hell, I'd just like to see him answer the question, but I'm not sure I've gotten his attention.

Perhaps I should put up a link with a Fritz bootleg!?
Just re-title one of your own gems Fritz and put it up for download. So you didnot hear the Fritz-samples, Carne? Quite impressive. We'll have to give Javier some writing compliments there....

Old 07-13-2004, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Just re-title one of your own gems Fritz and put it up for download. So you didnot hear the Fritz-samples, Carne? Quite impressive. We'll have to give Javier some writing compliments there....
I heard the cover of What the World Needs Now and whatever that other song was. I'm curious. I'd like to hear more.

But I really don't want to see Lindsey get distracted with this when I'd rather get new material from him. I'll take the stuff as is if Javier is kind enough to make it available.

I am also curious as to what Javier considers taking musical risks since he thinks Lindsey and Stevie really haven't, why he thinks Tusk is forgettable, and whether he has shared those thoughts with Lindsey.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I hadn't been keeping up on this thread....shame on me!!!!

Javier, thanks so much for all the info. you have supplied us with. I'm glad for you that you had a wonderful, if brief, reunion with S & L. Count me in as someone who would definitely be interested in Fritz being reborn......let's release that material!!!!!! And thanks for putting the bug in Lindsey's ear!!!! I hope that it works, too!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 07-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Fritz

Oh Where, oh where is Jeffrey?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Where, oh where is Jeffrey?
Probably on an $880 dollar vacation.....lol..!

Javier, have you tried to contact him via his Ebay screen-name? If you click on the link to the auction on the first page of this thread, you'll see his screen-name. If you're an Ebay member, you can just click on it and "ask seller a question".

Thanks a lot for the awesome news regarding the possible reunion!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Fritz

Thanks, Seteca, I didn't know he would actually go through with that scheme. Isn't it funny that he hasn't poked back in here? That's chicken-sh*t. HE's on EBAY? I've got an attorney looking into this. We will find out who released this unauthorized stuff.
Got it, Jeffy?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, Seteca, I didn't know he would actually go through with that scheme. Isn't it funny that he hasn't poked back in here? That's chicken-sh*t. HE's on EBAY? I've got an attorney looking into this. We will find out who released this unauthorized stuff.
Got it, Jeffy?
I'm sure it was an honest mistake on his part. How would he know that it was a bootleg? If I found it at a garage sale, I probably would've hocked it, too.