User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, kill it now...it's already 30 years too late!!!!!
Hey It's a classic.......but I will admit I'm so burnt out on it and done with it. The Mac we'll drill these babies as long as they can Actually I'm burnt out on the whole Rumours era.

Mick

-Tom Waits

Last edited by bluefox4000; 02-04-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
If it was a case where the band promoted the album on the subsequent tour, then just played a couple of random songs from the album on tours after that, I'd agree with you. But, no, Fleetwood Mac has made a conscious effort to keep the entire Rumours mystique alive for 34 years. That's the band's doing, that's the band's fault, that's the band's downfall.
Didn't know Rhiannon, Everywhere, So Afraid, and acoustic Big Love belong to Rumours album . I do agree I'm also burn out sometimes on those (always the same) songs, Rumours or not. As I'm burn out of Hotel California and Hey Jude, always played on radios. I still think the media is more responsible. And the people. They don't go to concerts, spend hundred dollars thinking "oh well, let's go to listen the same old songs we heard in the last tour 5 years ago, unlucky me". No, they just enjoy it! Well I think they did enjoy at AA Arena in Dallas, 2009. After all that ovation and applauses I saw, I guess if there is a new tour in 2011, 2012... FM will play again Gypsy, Rhiannon, The Chain and GDW.

Let's check some numbers:

Randomly chosen Unleashed tour setlist (Australia, 23 songs): 6 Rumours songs (7 including SSprings). 6 white album songs, 4 tusk songs, etc. Well the 70s era is the dominating, can't discuss that. A hits tour they said, obviously Rumours brought more hits than other albums, however I feel it's not enough to say this is another Rumours tour

Randomly chosen SYW concert:
Columbus, OH, USA Setlist on May 7, 2003 - 24 songs
8 SYW songs, 7 Rumours songs, 3 White album songs, 2 Mirage songs, 1 Tango song
Rumours songs dominate the old songs material, I admit I'd have chosen more Tango songs instead, but it's not enough to say this is another Rumours tour. Actually I've seen other bands where their setlists includes less songs from the promoting album.

The Dance DVD set list (probably the guilty on this perception) 22 songs:
8 Rumours songs, 5 white album songs, 3 Tango, 1 Mirage, etc.. Almost a Rumours tour, the following tour was called officially the Reunion tour (not the Dance) has too many Rumours songs, I agree. Hey!! Wasn't this reunion a celebration of the 20th anniversary of Rumours?

Let's go back in time a bit. Mirage tour 1982, According to Wikipedia, 22 songs setlist contains:
8 Rumours songs, 5 white songs, 4 Mirage songs, 4 Tusk songs and Oh Well. Hummm... The SYW tour contains more songs of the new album that the Mirage tour. That's something to analyze.

What I think it's worth to analyze also is.. not why there are so many Rumours songs. It's obvious. But why there are too few Tusk songs on any tour? The White songs number is decent, but Tusk and Tango are almost ignored.

If they do a public survey at a website, asking: Do you want YMLF, Don't Stop, Never Going Back Again, Sara and Big Love? or Do you want I know I'm not Wrong, Another Woman, Straight Back, Can't go Back and What's the world coming to?.... what setlist will win? Not asked to fans only, but anyone... I don't think the second will win (as a fan I'd say It's sad, cause there are lot of songs I love I know I'll never see live. Not impossible.. cause watching STORMS in 2009 was like an incredible gift to me.. but unlikely.

And... it would be also a fault of Pink Floyd or Roger Waters to play entire Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall in their shows (Rumours is not played entirely). Well I enjoy those faults. DSOTM was combined with the latest Roger material, that I also enjoyed.

Ok, I agree the setlist is not well balanced in terms of albums, but I wouldn't say (complain) those are Rumours tours

...If FM started to decline on February 4, 1977, then Rumours is better than Tusk. I agree with that

Last edited by Villavic; 02-06-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy Birthday to the album that literally shaped my life!!

I said it before, my parents were listening to this throughout my childhood(born in 1978)

I love this album, it is ingrained in my heart.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Stevie dumped Lindsey during the making of Rumours due to Lindsey having his big ol' white-man fro shoved so far up his ass. He was really taken aback by the dump, which is strange considering EVERY SONG ON THE PRIOR ALBUM FLEETWOOD MAC WAS ABOUT STEVIE'S UNHAPPINESS IN THE RELATIONSHIP.
Sometimes I hate myself, because.......

I enjoyed this post a lot, too, and I think Hipstercrite is a good writer -- which is why it pains me to say that the best line in the whole piece is spoiled by being only one-third accurate.

'Crystal' is the most blissed-out ditty she ever wrote about LB and 'Rhiannon' isn't about them at all. But yeh, 'Landslide' hits the spot.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours . . . great stuff!

moviekinks.blogspot.com