User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This is what I truly can't understand! This wasn't just a business decision. I have to believe they all cut any kind of personal ties with Lindsey, a band member they have known for the past 40/50 years. How do you go on after this? You don't. Certainly Stevie carefully thought her revenge plan and what was at stake before executing it. A cold hearted woman indeed.
And at the end of the day, Lindsey has a beautiful spouse and family and that's the real rub. Dude has more money than he will ever need and a family that loves him. He moved on from her and doesn't write/obsess about her or their 45 years in the past ex-relationship anymore. He was willing to bend over backwards for the last 15-20 years to keep her interested in Fleetwood Mac (he even talked about releasing and touring behind a rereleased version of Buckingham Nicks which never even approached possibly happening) and she ultimately figured out a way to get rid of him from her life because she seemingly has an issue with him not really giving a **** about her aside from the business relationship.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Registered

"Now, I know this guy
His name is Mick
Now, he don't care when he ain't got no chick
He do the shake
The rattlesnake shake
Yes, he do the shake
And jerks away the blues
Now, jerk it"

A perfect segue to Gypsy
Old 04-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I can imagine what would be going through the minds of the average chiffon head when they pay attention to the lyrics of Rattlesnake Shake I highly doubt Stevie had even listened to the song when she brought it up as a potential for the new setlist.
And she was offended by Lindsey including "Come" in the setlist.

She brought up what, four songs...Station Man, Oh Well, Hypnotized, and Rattlesnake Shake. The first three Lindsey played and sang (and they JUST released a Deluxe version of the White album with him playing them) and the last one they played with Rick and Billy. She couldn't even mention an old song of Christine's or something they NEVER did since she was in the band.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Thank you, Elle, for clarifying how for Stevie and BN lovers like me, this is so heartbreaking.
of course.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
This is what I truly can't understand! This wasn't just a business decision. I have to believe they all cut any kind of personal ties with Lindsey, a band member they have known for the past 40/50 years. How do you go on after this? You don't. Certainly Stevie carefully thought her revenge plan and what was at stake before executing it. A cold hearted woman indeed.
I suspect she had been planning this very soon after the death of Tom Petty, when Mike Campbell became available. But she had to have a pretext--then Lindsey fell into the trap with his plans for a solo tour, then she struck. Her idea of "happiness" is ditching Lindsey. That's the real Stevie for you, not that fairy goddess everybody has been worshipping. Mick of course will cut ties with anybody for the money. John follows Mick. And Chris can be cold blooded when necessary--I've read some old anecdotes about her (take what Bob Welch said about her). So it doesn't necessarily surprise me that much.

The only thing that puzzles me is that they would risk losing tour revenue by firing one of the Rumours 5--but their accountants probably calculated the loss would not be significant, and that was enough for Stevie.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the Rolling Stone article if I recall correctly they had 2019 in brackets, so I guess they had as hard a time interpreting Stevietalk as we do. But she said in the CBS interview he wanted it pushed back a year, which is April 2019, not November. So Stevie is having her usual difficulty with the truth.
Of course, let's think about when this supposed discussion took place. If she is saying Lindsey wanted to push back a year, and this was around Musicares (january 2018), then we might be onto something. If he wanted to rehearse in November 2018, and start the tour in January 2019 after the holidays...that could possibly align with her StevieBabble.

There is no way Lindsey would suggest moving the tour out to the end of 2019 like some people here are suggesting. It makes zero sense and doesn't even come close to aligning with what Lindsey himself has suggested.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
it will be Mick. The drum vest is coming back and this time the World Turning total run time is going to approach 45 minutes.."ARE YOU WITH ME!? *SPIT* *SPIT* WAHHHHHHHHHH *SPIT*"
and there won't be Linds sitting on side of the stage enjoying himself, interacting with fans and signing stuff to fill in that time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only thing that puzzles me is that they would risk losing tour revenue by firing one of the Rumours 5--but their accountants probably calculated the loss would not be significant, and that was enough for Stevie.
That's where Azoff comes in...if he can sell promoters on Eagles without Glen Frey, I'm sure he could sell Mick on being able to sell Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey.

I agree with you...she's obsessed with TP and with being a Heartbreaker. Yet, if he EVER would have even entertained her for a role in his band, he would have friggin tossed her out after one tour. In no way could I ever see Tom Petty putting up with Stevie's general nonsense in the way that Fleetwood Mac has for decades.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And at the end of the day, Lindsey has a beautiful spouse and family and that's the real rub. Dude has more money than he will ever need and a family that loves him. He moved on from her and doesn't write/obsess about her or their 45 years in the past ex-relationship anymore. He was willing to bend over backwards for the last 15-20 years to keep her interested in Fleetwood Mac (he even talked about releasing and touring behind a rereleased version of Buckingham Nicks which never even approached possibly happening) and she ultimately figured out a way to get rid of him from her life because she seemingly has an issue with him not really giving a **** about her aside from the business relationship.
This, this and this. Couldn't have said better myself. It's hard enough to live knowing that he has a family at home, but to also share him with Christine on stage.... of course she had to make him pay for it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and there won't be Linds sitting on side of the stage enjoying himself, interacting with fans and signing stuff to fill in that time.
Maybe The Queen will take over all of the fan interaction. Can't you see that?
Old 04-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suspect she had been planning this very soon after the death of Tom Petty, when Mike Campbell became available. But she had to have a pretext--then Lindsey fell into the trap with his plans for a solo tour, then she struck. Her idea of "happiness" is ditching Lindsey. That's the real Stevie for you, not that fairy goddess everybody has been worshipping. Mick of course will cut ties with anybody for the money. John follows Mick. And Chris can be cold blooded when necessary--I've read some old anecdotes about her (take what Bob Welch said about her). So it doesn't necessarily surprise me that much.

ITA. She had been planning this since Musicares. And I think Lindsey never saw it coming.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Registered

Quote:
And she was offended by Lindsey including "Come" in the setlist.

She brought up what, four songs...Station Man, Oh Well, Hypnotized, and Rattlesnake Shake. The first three Lindsey played and sang (and they JUST released a Deluxe version of the White album with him playing them) and the last one they played with Rick and Billy. She couldn't even mention an old song of Christine's or something they NEVER did since she was in the band.
If they did Come a Little Bit Closer or Prove Your Love or even Dissatisfied I may forgive them a tad. But that's not going to happen.

Stevie doesn't really care about the songs of her bandmates. I remember one time she expressed wonder at how the intro to Everywhere turned out--it seems she never heard it before the interview!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This, this and this. Couldn't have said better myself. It's hard enough to live knowing that he has a family at home, but to also share him with Christine on stage.... of course she had to make him pay for it.
Right...I forgot the Chris angle. It was just a few years ago where The Queen gave up how sad it made her when they first joined Fleetwood Mac that Chris and Lindsey got along and would write songs like World Turning right away. And now a whole album together...after Little Queenie tried to put the kibosh on it by not agreeing to record. Definitely had to make him pay. Her final revenge!
Old 04-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie doesn't really care about the songs of her bandmates. I remember one time she expressed wonder at how the intro to Everywhere turned out--it seems she never heard it before the interview!
She would have had to actually show up more than three times during the recording of the album..
Old 04-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, let's think about when this supposed discussion took place. If she is saying Lindsey wanted to push back a year, and this was around Musicares (january 2018), then we might be onto something. If he wanted to rehearse in November 2018, and start the tour in January 2019 after the holidays...that could possibly align with her StevieBabble.

There is no way Lindsey would suggest moving the tour out to the end of 2019 like some people here are suggesting. It makes zero sense and doesn't even come close to aligning with what Lindsey himself has suggested.
Haha! It's always nice to believe what we want to believe (even though we know it's ridiculous) as long as it fits with our perfect world.