Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for the great summary, kak125.

You are so welcome I hope it makes sense. I was typing so fast there was so much to digest.

They mentioned doing Stand Back on the tour and Stevie said if an uptempo song was needed. Johh says he feels very comfortable with new members and it fits. It’s a new exciting chapter in the saga.

Last edited by kak125; 04-28-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes!
They asked her what she will miss most about Lindsey and she said those early years were amazing and then talked about joining fm etc and she respects who they are and what they did and it will always be a part of her heart. Their relationship was never easy and it was always voilatile and always about the music. Its like old married couples and it’s hard and she is sad and she just wants to be happy. She sings around her house and wants that youthful feeling again and she feels it now like she is 20 and this is the beginning of something happy and everyone in this room is happy. Neil likes playing World Turning and Christine said he nailed it. Neil & Christine get along well.
Mick said there was no doubt to move on after Lindsey way gone and it needed a lot if thought. It had to be heartfelt and really right for the legacy. There were huge convos about it and it was challenging.
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun. It wasn’t about why couldn’t they wait for him and said they planned the tour for a long time and majority rules. Stevie said he wanted to put off tour and he had a lot of other things he wanted to do.
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.
Thank you for typing this out!

But it's all such a gross manipulation of the truth it honestly breaks my heart... i don't know if I'll ever be able to look at the band members the same way again knowing how they've gone about this.
And I NEED Lindsey to just a make statement saying what he actually wanted.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i thought it was interesting they were all using exact same words and phrasing as in CBS interview. it was like a play, played again and again.

they will do for sure they said:
  • Don't Dream it's Over (i never doubted that as they used it as a hook in CBS footage)
  • Don't Stop Draggin
  • Oh Well
  • World Turning
  • maybe Stand Back - if they need an uptempo song

first song they tried all together was Say You Love Me

Stevie kept insisting that Christine wrote Station Man. Christine said huh, that was Danny Kirwan. then Stevie kept insisting that Christine sings most of that song. Christine again says no. Stevie then continues talking over Christine (she kept doing that every time Christine would open her mouth), and says whatever.

Mick says something about he and Stevie having to talk John into voting with them, that they had tons of back and forth conversations, the 3 of them, and they reached the decision. Christine says she didn't know about it and was surprised when they told her, but whatever, life goes on, she fully understands when Mick explained it all to her. yes she had great time with Lindsey making an album and on the road most of last year, but whatever life goes on. (is she on tranquilizers?)

Mick was his a$$hole self. i won't comment on Stevie, i'll let people listen and draw their own conclusions. we've heard again all the stories about her and Lindsey opening for Janis in front of 15000 people and her being cleaning lady.

interesting change - the package deal story changed (ha!) - Stevie was telling the story, in about 3 different ways, and basically Mick called "us" and then Christine had to accept her, and if she didn't, Lindsey wouldn't be in the band either because, well, package deal. but she said at least 3 times that Mick invited "us". i had to laugh. that FM didn't want her but just Lindsey and he insisted she comes in with him too must really bother her.

oh yeah we've heard also how Stevie knows "everything" about all incarnations of FM, and then she tried to describe them (because remember, she listened to all their albums when Mick invited "them"), and it was painful to listen to, very similar to the Station Man thing.

again, Mick and Stevie blamed Lindsey for the years of the same setlists (apparently they don't understands there are old interviews by both of them insisting they have to do only hits), but hey now they are free to do all that great old blues stuff.

they need to rehearse at least 2 months because hey now - their setlist will be so fresh so they will need more than just 4-5 weeks they'd need if Lindsey was still there.

oh and Stevie and Lindsey were never married, but this is like a divorce. (same phrasing as CBS interview and what ended up written in RS).

a lot of what they said ended up in the RS article, and you already know it. but it was interesting to listen the tone of voices, Stevie talking over everybody, etc.

Neil Finn seemed cool. like interviewer said, Mike Campbell seemed disengaged.

John said one sentence, that Mick is going by the principle the band always must push on - never surrender!

RS interviewer said it was awkward interview. that he kept wanting to know about the guy not in the room, while he was faces with all these people, 6 of them, in some kind of small trailer. he said that Lindsey comes across as much less mercenary than the rest of these people.

both RS interviewers' commentary that book-ended actual band interview was the most interesting part, since the interview we can see on CBS and read in RS, mostly. they commented about that Stevie cover interview they did back in the middle of the OWTS tour. the interviewer at the time said that putting her on the cover alone without the band certainly wasn't his first choice, but he was (not clear by whom?) talked into it since she is the face of the band, and had her solo album out or something like that, and that Mick certainly was clearly pi**ed about it at the time.

about all i can remember right now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh and the guy who interviewed them said that Mick is basically an HR manager, just making sure they have enough hires that the band goes on. that was funny.

they concluded by saying that this almost seems like a new band version to have some new story to tell in order to sell the tickets on this tour, and then they fully expect the big reunion farewell tour with Lindsey. they kept referring to them something like the band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac these days.

my 0.02 - if this is so they'd look fresh and have a new story, why are they hiding behind a penguin picture with the band members' names around it in small print? wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to most of the band interview and I kind of want to cry now lol.

I love Stevie so much, if it had never been for me being so dazzled by Stevie Nicks I never would have become a fan of Fleetwood Mac to begin with. But this interview the things she said, it's just all SO transparent and obvious. I never in a billion years thought I would ever feel so negatively towards her? She's annoyed me sure but I honestly just feel really negatively about her now after listening to this and the CBS interview it's upsetting.

That goes for Mick too but I never loved Mick to begin with.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie acting like she feels so intensely about giving an ode to pre-1975 FM when she clearly hasn't listened to it enough to know that Christine did not write or even sing Station Man LOL.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

someone tweeting about it as they listened - some funny stuff:

@sorcererstevie

These people after they interviewed FM im in awe because they literally didn't believe one word that came from FM and they keep calling it awkward and bizarre and saying how key Lindsey Buckingham was to their sound and how they're acting like that wasn't the case TEA.

THIS INTERVIEWER IS SO F**KING FUNNY HFDJK HE LITERALLY IS DRAGGING THEM HE WAS LIKE "yeah it was weird because they DID play Oh Well quite a few times in the Lindsey era so" HE SNATCHED THEM

These interviewers are funny as f**k though the one that interviewed them later kept saying how tense it was and how awkward and weird it was and the other guy was like “um yeah the somewhat odd lineup” BDKSNF

I genuinely HGTJRFKD Lindsey literally hated greatest hit setlists he always liked to perform new songs and go back and pick rare songs and STEVIE WAS ALWAYS AFRAID TO DO THAT AND NOW SHES SAYING IT'S THE OPPOSITE AND IS BLAMING HIM MY LUNGS YALL

Stevie: Station Man from Christine which was one of my favorites-
Christine: That's not my song it's Danny's
Stevie: Well whatever song, YOU sang it
Christine: No no. Any ways.
MY LUNGS

Why is Stevie out here saying Lindsey never performed pre buckingham nicks fleetwood mac songs like do u want me to pull up Lindsey covering Oh Well 74839 times, Station Man, Hypnotized and The Green Manalishi

It's honestly wild how they're treating Lindsey like just another guitar player like BHRFNEDKJSL especially stevie y'all have literally known each other for 50 years i GENUINELY cannot believe this

Why does hearing Stevie talk in these interviews make me wanna die, get so angry and just heartbroken all at the same time

I literally have been so baffled at Stevie’s sudden intense love for pre bn Fleetwood Mac and we’ve all been like DJSF STEVIE NAME 5 PRE BN FM SONGS AND THIS MAKES ALL OF THAT SO MUCH FUNNIER FNKSNFKS

Last edited by elle; 04-28-2018 at 01:29 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick has always been Mick, always business first, always keeping Fleetwood Mac going. Basically, Peter Green, his hero and mentor, had an ultimatum in 1970: it was him or the money. Mick went with the money. Over Peter Green. Let that sink in. So, I don’t have much expectation of him beyond that. I don’t think he’s a terrible person, but he’s definitely business first. The other thing he loves is Fleetwood Mac, except when it stopped being viable and he already reconnected with Lindsey, which was more viable than keeping the Time band going.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol if you listen to the whole thing and listen to the interviewers talking afterwards it's hilarious, they basically say that they think the whole thing is BS, repeatedly talk about how strange and awkward the situation is and that it doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
...wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????
We all know that's exactly what they don't want.
All old bands (should I say brands?) count on the
casual fans that don't keep up with this ____ like
we do to buy those expensive tickets.

That's who I feel sorry for the most. The ones that
go to the show not knowing about Lindsey's firing.
There will be many disappointed fans.

This brand is tarnished.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
someone tweeting about it as they listened - some funny stuff:

@sorcererstevie

These people after they interviewed FM im in awe because they literally didn't believe one word that came from FM and they keep calling it awkward and bizarre and saying how key Lindsey Buckingham was to their sound and how they're acting like that wasn't the case TEA.

THIS INTERVIEWER IS SO F**KING FUNNY HFDJK HE LITERALLY IS DRAGGING THEM HE WAS LIKE "yeah it was weird because they DID play Oh Well quite a few times in the Lindsey era so" HE SNATCHED THEM

These interviewers are funny as f**k though the one that interviewed them later kept saying how tense it was and how awkward and weird it was and the other guy was like “um yeah the somewhat odd lineup” BDKSNF

I genuinely HGTJRFKD Lindsey literally hated greatest hit setlists he always liked to perform new songs and go back and pick rare songs and STEVIE WAS ALWAYS AFRAID TO DO THAT AND NOW SHES SAYING IT'S THE OPPOSITE AND IS BLAMING HIM MY LUNGS YALL

Stevie: Station Man from Christine which was one of my favorites-
Christine: That's not my song it's Danny's
Stevie: Well whatever song, YOU sang it
Christine: No no. Any ways.
MY LUNGS

Why is Stevie out here saying Lindsey never performed pre buckingham nicks fleetwood mac songs like do u want me to pull up Lindsey covering Oh Well 74839 times, Station Man, Hypnotized and The Green Manalishi

It's honestly wild how they're treating Lindsey like just another guitar player like BHRFNEDKJSL especially stevie y'all have literally known each other for 50 years i GENUINELY cannot believe this

Why does hearing Stevie talk in these interviews make me wanna die, get so angry and just heartbroken all at the same time

I literally have been so baffled at Stevie’s sudden intense love for pre bn Fleetwood Mac and we’ve all been like DJSF STEVIE NAME 5 PRE BN FM SONGS AND THIS MAKES ALL OF THAT SO MUCH FUNNIER FNKSNFKS
I noticed that too lol I actually really liked these interviewers, it was so obvious how ridiculous they thought the entire thing was.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie kept insisting that Christine wrote Station Man. Christine said huh, that was Danny Kirwan. then Stevie kept insisting that Christine sings most of that song. Christine again says no. Stevie then continues talking over Christine (she kept doing that every time Christine would open her mouth), and says whatever.
In Stevie’s defense, it’s credited to Danny, Jeremy, and John, and Christine was clearly singing in the mix. Also, Jeremy Spencer said that it was actually Christine, not John, who had a hand in writing the song. (Remember, Christine was still Blue Horizon property, so there may have been legal reasons for it, and giving credit to John would have sent the royalty check to the right address, but who knows?)

Quote:
Mick says something about he and Stevie having to talk John into voting with them, that they had tons of back and forth conversations, the 3 of them, and they reached the decision. Christine says she didn't know about it and was surprised when they told her, but whatever, life goes on, she fully understands when Mick explained it all to her. yes she had great time with Lindsey making an album and on the road most of last year, but whatever life goes on. (is she on tranquilizers?)
No. She’s not happy about it. She likes the new guys, and wants to be a team player, but she had to be seriously pissed, if not embarrassed. They did it behind her back because they knew she’d be completely against it. However, Christine isn’t about to quit the band again. That said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if another LBCM project comes to fruition. She’s gone out of her way to talk Lindsey up and is making it clear she had nothing to do with the band’s decision, and Mick’s version of events supports that.

Quote:
Neil Finn seemed cool.
He’s a hell of a musician, and I’m absolutely blown away he’s in Fleetwood Mac. Like, he’s really the most compelling part of the band, IMO. Actually, I’d love to see a LMJCN version of the band, but that’s never going happen.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2018, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.
She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. And Stevie was respectless in the interview, talking aon and on over Christine. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted now.
Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?
#whoareyoupeople

Last edited by AncientQueen; 04-28-2018 at 02:16 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted after reading that. Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?
I personally don't think it's true that she just 'didn't know' because it happened while she was in London. First of all, telephones exist. Second of all, I think that's just part of the story they're going with to make themselves look as innocent as possible: "Lindsey insisted on delaying the tour so he just had to go, it was all him, Christine didn't even know about it". Their lies are painfully obvious.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^But the interview... Christine can't even speak without Stevie rolling over her like a truck. I agree that Christine plays the innocence card, but the inner band hierarchy seems to allow for that, noone calls her out like "It was your decision, too". She is a bystander and everyone's okay with that.