Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope Warner's does give it a good publicity push
Old 03-31-2017, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I hope Warner's does give it a good publicity push
i'd be shocked. and pleasantly surprised.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-31-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm not at all concerned with sales either. For me, it's about the music.
Of course it's about the music, and I'm so proud of Christine and Lindsey! But huge sales numbers wouldn't hurt, just for the joy of seeing Stevie's face when someone asks her if she's "happy" about their success.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes-exactly on my birthday!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Of course it's about the music, and I'm so proud of Christine and Lindsey! But huge sales numbers wouldn't hurt, just for the joy of seeing Stevie's face when someone asks her if she's "happy" about their success.
I'm tired of seeing her face.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Careful...they'll dislike you as much as me!
Old 04-01-2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Careful...they'll dislike you as much as me!
ohhhhh my love... as the castle walls fall down..
Old 04-01-2017, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“Buckingham McVie” isn’t quite Fleetwood Mac, but might it be better?
Peter Blackstock
March 31, 2017 music news.

http://music.blog.austin360.com/2017...-it-be-better/

News has solidified this week of “Buckingham McVie,” a new album due out June 9 via Warner Bros. The result of sessions that initially were expected to be for a full Fleetwood Mac record, “Buckingham McVie” coalesced around guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and keyboardist Christine McVie after singer Stevie Nicks opted out.

The announcement of a July 19 Buckingham McVie concert date in Seattle, falling between two full Fleetwood Mac appearances at the Classic West and Classic East festivals in mid and late July, begs the question of whether the duo will add other shows this year. Austin City Limits Music Festival, perhaps? (And/or maybe an “Austin City Limits” TV taping?)

Though the new record centers around the two songwriters, the namesake Fleetwood Mac rhythm section of drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie also reportedly contributed. Fleetwood, in Austin earlier this month for a South by Southwest interview session, mentioned that he’d arrived in town in time to catch Nicks’ concert at the Erwin Center on March 12, suggesting members are still on good terms despite Nicks’ absence from the Buckingham McVie record.

Nicks is the most universally recognized act in the Fleetwood Mac lineup, the only one who’s had platinum-selling records outside of the band. But both Buckingham and McVie have made terrific solo albums. Buckingham is endlessly inventive as a musician and producer, and McVie’s innate knack for melodic pop songwriting is even more direct than Nicks’ often more mystical approach. That sounds like a recipe for something special, in ways beyond what the full Fleetwood Mac lineup likely would have done at this stage.

A tangential thought: What other bands might come up with artistically intriguing music if a key member were removed? Here are a few possibilities — a short list that no doubt could be expanded:

• The E Street Band without Bruce Springsteen. It’s a seemingly insane notion on the surface. But there’s so much talent in the lineup that it might be fun to see them all step out for a “group” effort without the bossman. A few Steve Van Zandt songs, a couple of Tom Morello tunes, maybe give Garry Tallent a chance to let his roots-rock bona fides shine. And Patti Scialfa certainly could steal a scene or two.

• R.E.M. without Michael Stipe. Bring back original drummer Bill Berry and put bassist Mike Mills out front. He’s a fine singer in his own right, and Peter Buck’s guitar playing would still hold everything together. Yes, the absence of Stipe’s distinctive vocal stamp would be a gaping hole, but seeing how the others adjust to that is largely what’s fun about imagining such a scenario.

• The Eagles without Glenn Frey. Ironically (if sadly), we’ll get a chance to hear this one soon enough. The band will join Fleetwood Mac as headliners of the Classic West and Classic East festivals. Henley’s solo shows (including the one he played at ACL Live a couple of months ago) long have given some idea of how this might go, but it’s a different game when all the hits on which the late Frey sang lead are in the mix. How will they handle it?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-01-2017, 08:11 AM

Excellent article.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't wait for this tour to be over. Only three more days. Then hopefully all those American Horror Story teens will calm down.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie: Say you will!!

Christine: Yes, I will!!

Stevie: Oh, never mind...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
“Buckingham McVie” isn’t quite Fleetwood Mac, but might it be better?
Peter Blackstock
March 31, 2017 music news.

http://music.blog.austin360.com/2017...-it-be-better/

Nicks is the most universally recognized act in the Fleetwood Mac lineup, the only one who’s had platinum-selling records outside of the band. But both Buckingham and McVie have made terrific solo albums. Buckingham is endlessly inventive as a musician and producer, and McVie’s innate knack for melodic pop songwriting is even more direct than Nicks’ often more mystical approach. That sounds like a recipe for something special, in ways beyond what the full Fleetwood Mac lineup likely would have done at this stage.
Couldn't have said better myself!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't wait for this tour to be over. Only three more days. Then hopefully all those American Horror Story teens will calm down.
I too, am very glad that you joined this board!

Belated WELCOME!!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I too, am very glad that you joined this board!

Belated WELCOME!!!!
Come on! Don't we all:

1. Want to marry Stevie?
2. Wish Stevie were our mom?
3. Think Stevie is God?

Yeah, those are the three more common wishes in the Stevie teen fan world.

And thanks!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Come on! Don't we all:

1. Want to marry Stevie?
2. Wish Stevie were our mom?
3. Think Stevie is God?

Yeah, those are the three more common wishes in the Stevie teen fan world.

And thanks!!!
Let's dress like her and hold a convention!!