Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I find all the hate and disdain truly rediculous
Some of it is certainly hate. But not all of it. I think a lot of people are stunned at the choices and comments Stevie has made with regards to a band she was wholly committed to for decades. Many people are frustrated and sad.

For my part, I'm over the frustration because Christine and Lindsey are going ahead with the record. If they dropped it because Stevie wouldn't participate, I'd have been mad at THEM more than anything. And anyway, clearly Stevie doesn't NEED FM to remain in the public eye. She is her own entity, whereas the remaining four draw their main identities from their membership in the band.

When I read Stevie's comments these days, I feel sad for her. She seems like she's in a lot of pain. But maybe she has been this way for far longer than we think. I remember her anger towards Lindsey that bubbled just under the surface of a Wild Heart-era interview she gave that surprised me then and as it does now. And in 1992, she had less than kind things to say about her time in FM where she and Lindsay, she said, were only along for the ride. And then all the anti-Lindsey comments in the 2000s.

I can't wait for the new Buckingham-McVie record. That's what really holding my focus these days.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't let my life revolve around what stars say or do. I listen to the music that I like to listen to. I like all the band member solo and as a group. Fleetwood Mac is my fave band of all time and has been for over 40 years. But personal issues between band members or statements in interviews doesn't effect my life one way or the other.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

For my part, I'm over the frustration because Christine and Lindsey are going ahead with the record. If they dropped it because Stevie wouldn't participate, I'd have been mad at THEM more than anything. And anyway, clearly Stevie doesn't NEED FM to remain in the public eye. She is her own entity, whereas the remaining four draw their main identities from their membership in the band.

I can't wait for the new Buckingham-McVie record. That's what really holding my focus these days.
I'm eagerly awaiting the new record, too.

However, I'm PISSED that:
1) They're too wussy to call it FLEETWOOD MAC. Because it is!
2) That they probably won't tour behind it, because old goat breath isn't in on the tour.
3) That they're letting her call the shots. Show her the door, and move on!

If she had any class, she'd leave them, and just go do her own thing, rather than holding them back.

*affect*
Old 03-14-2017, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there are way more important things in life to be so angry about. But that's just my view. Goodnight
Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think there are way more important things in life to be so angry about. But that's just my view. Goodnight
For me, too, this has been the band "of my life". So yeah, I'm not too happy with the outcome of the album we've been waiting for, for three years.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Were people this upset when Christine quit in 1998 and did not come back until 2014, including refusing to be part of Say You Will? I get disappointment but not the fury especially since a lot of people here seem to have disliked Extended Play and criticized Stevie's contributions to that EP. It's almost like there is no way she can "win" with some folks. I think she has been honest about what she wants to do with FM: tour. She does not think it is worth it to record another album. She said it in that RS interview. It is not fun. The frustrations about industry piracy and the expense of recording are part of her pros vs. cons of making a new record. Lindsey got to have his break recording on new FM albums, Christine had her break, now Stevie wants one. If Stevie decided not to tour in the next FM concert, I would guess that sales will suffer, so I am glad she will still go on the road.

I am excited for the Buckingham McVie record and hope they do a small tour and then all five will do a larger tour. Since Stevie has dusted off rare tracks for the current solo tour, who knows what she and the others will do for another world tour. I like the comment someone recently made about The Dance --- perhaps Stevie will introduce some new music then.

We truly have no idea what will happen. For all this talk about her and FM being predictable we had no idea she was going to do this 24 KG tour (much less two legs) and we had no idea the Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, or the Tango in the Night deluxe reissues were in the pipeline until shortly before they launched.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They are the band of my life as well. Seen over 36 shows band and solo. But I'm not going to get angry over all of this. But like I said, that's just me. Everybody is different. I just have real problems of my own
Old 03-14-2017, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Were people this upset when Christine quit in 1998 and did not come back until 2014, including refusing to be part of Say You Will? I get disappointment but not the fury especially since a lot of people here seem to have disliked Extended Play and criticized Stevie's contributions to that EP. It's almost like there is no way she can "win" with some folks. I think she has been honest about what she wants to do with FM: tour. She does not think it is worth it to record another album. She said it in that RS interview. It is not fun. The frustrations about industry piracy and the expense of recording are part of her pros vs. cons of making a new record. Lindsey got to have his break recording on new FM albums, Christine had her break, now Stevie wants one. If Stevie decided not to tour in the next FM concert, I would guess that sales will suffer, so I am glad she will still go on the road.

I am excited for the Buckingham McVie record and hope they do a small tour and then all five will do a larger tour. Since Stevie has dusted off rare tracks for the current solo tour, who knows what she and the others will do for another world tour. I like the comment someone recently made about The Dance --- perhaps Stevie will introduce some new music then.

We truly have no idea what will happen. For all this talk about her and FM being predictable we had no idea she was going to do this 24 KG tour (much less two legs) and we had no idea the Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, or the Tango in the Night deluxe reissues were in the pipeline until shortly before they launched.
We were very very sad when Christine left. But she made a clean break and the band continued to record without her as a band. She wanted to record with them but not tour. They said no. The scenarios are not the same at all. But then that was over 17 years ago. They're all in the twilight of their careers and can't afford (timewise) to reboot anything...
Old 03-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We were very very sad when Christine left. But she made a clean break and the band continued to record without her as a band. She wanted to record with them but not tour. They said no. The scenarios are not the same at all. But then that was over 17 years ago. They're all in the twilight of their careers and can't afford (timewise) to reboot anything...
EXACTLY. This isn't 1998. There's simply no time to waste. One of them is going to be pushing up daisies, sooner than later. We want them to give us one last gift. From all 5 fireflies. Before it's too late...

I hope I'm wrong, but it's going to be too late for that. Mark my words. And the blame will lie in the obvious spot.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't let my life revolve around what stars say or do...
I don't think many people here do. To suggest this seems a distortion of our fandom.

Many of us get upset or frustrated with them the way fans of their favorite football team might get frustrated with a season's worth of performances. The members of FM ARE part of our lives, the way the Yankees were part of my father's life, the way Lawrence Welk was part of my great Aunt's daily routine, the way countless British audiences await the new episode of Eastenders each day.

We all have our separate lives, our other interests, etc. I'm first and foremost a lover of jazz and poetry and Bartok. But, by golly, I love me some FM and want to see them thrive right up til the end.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-14-2017 at 12:23 AM..
Old 03-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When Homer's reply to me implies my opinion lies in blind Stevie Nicks worship, my reply was that I don't let my life revolve around stars as that's what he implied. I am personally more worried about my prostate cancer screening than a Fleetwood Mac album. I find wasting my anger on all this Stevie drama a waste of energy. Do I want a new FM album with all 5 fireflies? Yes I do. But hurling insults isn't going to change anything

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 03-14-2017 at 12:37 AM..
Old 03-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
EXACTLY. This isn't 1998. There's simply no time to waste. One of them is going to be pushing up daisies, sooner than later. We want them to give us one last gift. From all 5 fireflies. Before it's too late...

I hope I'm wrong, but it's going to be too late for that. Mark my words. And the blame will lie in the obvious spot.
Hmmm. I would *like* a new album but don't feel that they owe me one esp if they did not want to be there. I have been a fan for over 25 years but it won't break my heart. I work with many writers who have long running series who need to put them on pause for a good number of reasons, to the dismay of their fans, so maybe that is why it affects me differently. I also think the blame game is useless to play. Because we can always find fault with any member of this band and all the years of drama. From my perspective Christine coming back should not mean Stevie *has* to record...just like Lindsey leaving in the 80s or Christine in 1998 did not mean they *had* to stop the bad altogether. We could easily say if Christine had come back five years earlier it would have been different but there is no point going there. I just prefer to be optimistic instead of being negative towards a member of the band.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I just prefer to be optimistic instead of being negative towards a member of the band.
Well, I'm certain that some of us have a lower tolerance for a certain member. As impossible as they might seem.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm eagerly awaiting the new record, too....

2) That they probably won't tour behind it, because old goat breath isn't in on the tour.
Old Goat breath.......?!
Name calling....? Surely this is unnecessarily nasty and uncalled for.
Or was that supposed to be humorous?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I'm certain that some of us have a lower tolerance for a certain member. As impossible as they might seem.

In the words of a certain playwright
"Methinks he doth protest too much"