User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Sharp! Sticking to the theme I should really source a French Cavalier outfit and proclaim "Zut Alors" at random moments
This hip cat might need help with Zut Alors Toodles.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
You, my child, need an Acer. Acer is my go-to for laptops, because they are moderately priced but hard-working, and they usually don't use proprietary components - so if one thing breaks, you can replace it easily and less-expensively than you would be able to do with, say, a Gateway or Dell.

Oh, and make sure it has an AMD processor in it, not an Intel. AMD chips are also moderately priced and hard-working. I personally won't buy a laptop that doesn't have an AMD chip in it, and when I build a desktop, I only use AMD chips.

I'm suddenly blanking on where you live, but I always buy my laptops, the parts to fix my laptops, and the parts for the desktops I build from either www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com - if you are in the States, you'll be able to get a sweet deal, and they both have excellent customer service and tech support, but I am not sure how good-deal they are for folks not in the States.

ETA: After posting, I saw you're in Cananananada, oops. But check those sites anyway - even if you can't get a really good deal, you can use them for research, as they both have extensive inventories and customer reviews.
Hey! I haven't been responding, because I haven't been on here since I posted that, but I just read everyone's suggestions. Thanks! I might get an Acer, everyone I talk to actually says that they are really great, so I don't know where I would go wrong there. Reading these posts makes me actually consider a Mac now, I have to say they do look really sleek, and if I can find a real good one with the right price, I'll consider it!! I'm going to go to Futureshop this week and ask them about their Sony Vaio's first, they look like awesome computers, in performance & looks. I'm surprised no one has one.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little Big Town just did a great job singing our National Anthem
at the Orange Bowl. Their harmonies are amazing.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes you do. He's an egotistical turd of the highest order.

Rupert Everett. He was in Dellamorte Dellamore, My Best Friend's Wedding, Unconditional Love, The Comfort Of Strangers, Wild Target etc to name but a few

He also did the Lord Byron documentary if you saw it! He's delicious and very VERY filthy haha.
In the 80s maybe... not so much now... Steve Balsamo on the other hand, most definitely is LOVE!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
In the 80s maybe... not so much now... Steve Balsamo on the other hand, most definitely is LOVE!

*Aghast* Heathen child! Blasphemousl creature! Rupert Everett is one of the most delicious creations to ever walk the Earth. Even if he's more seasoned now than he was. Watch Wild Target and tell me I'm wrong. He's one of only few people who have ever made me weak in the knees.

Having said that, in the past I've had disgusting taste in men. Eg, Dustin Hoffman (Kramer Vs Kramer and Tootsie days), Alan Rickman (Who am I kidding? I still like him), Simon Cowell (Shameful), Orlando Bloom (I blame this on being an idiot teen at the time ) and Kyan Douglas.

Why is it the people I like are either old, gay or arseholes? Never any chance for me lol.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*Aghast* Heathen child! Blasphemousl creature! Rupert Everett is one of the most delicious creations to ever walk the Earth. Even if he's more seasoned now than he was. Watch Wild Target and tell me I'm wrong. He's one of only few people who have ever made me weak in the knees.

Having said that, in the past I've had disgusting taste in men. Eg, Dustin Hoffman (Kramer Vs Kramer and Tootsie days), Alan Rickman (Who am I kidding? I still like him), Simon Cowell (Shameful), Orlando Bloom (I blame this on being an idiot teen at the time ) and Kyan Douglas.

Why is it the people I like are either old, gay or arseholes? Never any chance for me lol.
Dustin Hoffman reminds me too much of Bryan Ferry... Orlando Bloom isn't so bad. Can't get worse than me though, I thought John Travolta was pretty nice today when I watched a bit of Grease... And Olivia Newton-John too obviously. That film is gold.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Dustin Hoffman reminds me too much of Bryan Ferry... Orlando Bloom isn't so bad. Can't get worse than me though, I thought John Travolta was pretty nice today when I watched a bit of Grease... And Olivia Newton-John too obviously. That film is gold.
You just went down in my estimations.....lol! Only joking! But seriously, Grease is an abomination. I used to like it but I think I watched it so much that now I can't bear it. It's as annoying as an itch with no fingers to me.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You just went down in my estimations.....lol! Only joking! But seriously, Grease is an abomination. I used to like it but I think I watched it so much that now I can't bear it. It's as annoying as an itch with no fingers to me.
Yeeeah I get that a lot
Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But seriously, Grease is an abomination.
Blasphemy!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Who DOESN'T want a nice bit of Snape?

Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two more days.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a completely ****ty day and I may have to put my dog to sleep. I just want to cry.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I had a completely ****ty day and I may have to put my dog to sleep. I just want to cry.
I'm sorry about your bad day and even more about your Dog! I hope it doesn't come down to euthenasia. I was told the same about my Cat a couple of years ago and we nearly did lose him. Now he's the picture of health.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Leprechauns hide their gold in electrical sockets... You can check at home. Just use forks to get it out.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
awwww i'm sorry to hear this, my heart is w/ you~ i love doggies~