User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll always be thankful that my last FM album, and last two FM shows were GOAT FREE. I'll never forget either show, and the love that was felt there.

$he ruined FM, you know.

Old hag.
Kinda like you ruined this board with your bitterness instead of mourning and moving on. GOAT = Greatest of all Time as illustrated by her induction into the RRHOF.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Kinda like you ruined this board with your bitterness instead of mourning and moving on. GOAT = Greatest of all Time as illustrated by her induction into the RRHOF.
Chill, rise above....
He’s funny, maybe ...
Old 12-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
So do you think they were gonna tell her to eff off? Fire the old witch from the band? And then without her go play to crowds of one thousand people or less.
You're just going to have to accept, whether you like it or not, that FM cannot successfully continue unless Stevie Nicks is in the band. She can ask for another 3 years off after this tour and they will still be waiting for her when she returns.
And because most of FM fans KNOW that, this last tour wasn't successful under FM standards of success. 3 Forums is not the same as 5. Same with MSG, same with the European leg and the non existant Australian leg. We all know that, and that's why many fans chose to give FM their backs. That's what hurt them the most: poor ticket sales (again, under FM standards).

Quote:
I'll always be thankful that my last FM album, and last two FM shows were GOAT FREE. I'll never forget either show, and the love that was felt there.

$he ruined FM, you know.

Old hag.

Oh, she ruined it indeed. But she doesn't care. Because she was inducted, you know. None of them care. Christine maybe. I really hope she said goodbye after the end of this tour.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Settle down, Beavis.

Greatest of all time, my ass. As a singer, $he's a JOKE.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And because most of FM fans KNOW that, this last tour wasn't successful under FM standards of success. 3 Forums is not the same as 5. Same with MSG, same with the European leg and the non existant Australian leg. We all know that, and that's why many fans chose to give FM their backs. That's what hurt them the most: poor ticket sales (again, under FM standards).

Oh, she ruined it indeed. But she doesn't care. Because she was inducted, you know. None of them care. Christine maybe. I really hope she said goodbye after the end of this tour.

A lot of interesting points here. Ones I've been kicking around for the last few months. I totally agree--ticket sales for this tour are not up to FM standards. Yes they are selling, but scalpers were on the hook here and folks in the back of the arena were getting upgraded to better seats so it doesn't look so empty up front. Folks that would normally pay to be up front just aren't. Folks (even supporters of this lineup) are saying they aren't willing to pay the prices for this tour. If this is their "Farewell Tour" I would say it's not a success by "Farewell Tour" standards. They are not even going to Australia (as of yet) and one of their ringers is a local. Mick himself has said the band still needs to tighten some things up here. They are pulling out the songs that made this tour appealing, and new and different. I would have to think Mick will want one more tour --Christine could say she's out unless LB is back. I wouldn't be surprised. She's got nothing to lose. Azoff might be able to strong arm Stevie here too to make it happen.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Settle down, Beavis.

Greatest of all time, my ass. As a singer, $he's a JOKE.
$he can buy and $ell you, but $till you obsess. Butthead.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That doesn't make her a great artist. Or a decent human being. Just a woman with money.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That doesn't make her a great artist. Or a decent human being. Just a woman with money.
People are attracted to the lowest common denominator. I don't give AF if $he's a billionaire, $he's still a nasty human being.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's interesting to read people's posts still being puzzled why are most hardcore FM fans not "moving on". in order to move on you gotta have some type of closure. we had band's lies and then Lindsey's lawsuit with a very different version of what happened. and then band settling lawsuit as fast as they could (after bsing "we will see you in court! ), in a way that gave Lindsey most of what he asked for which tells you he had a great case - he was right & they were wrong.

so in order to move on, band would have to apologize to Lindsey and eat back their lies. Stevie and Mick in particular.

that would provide a closure, to be able to move on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what GOAT means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms&t=65s
Old 12-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People are attracted to the lowest common denominator. I don't give AF if $he's a billionaire, $he's still a nasty human being.
You forgot a nasty human being with goat breath.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not until someone has doused the witch in holy water, ending this ****ing fiasco.

IT.IS.UNFORGIVABLE. We won't move on.
She ruined the Rumours 5 (notice the title of this forum) and they want us to move on.....NOT happening.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She ruined the Rumours 5 (notice the title of this forum) and they want us to move on.....NOT happening.
Exactly. Thank you!

They can want in one hand, and sh*t in the other, and see which one fills up first. Please pardon the hillbilly euphemism...
Old 12-31-2018, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Steve’s ability to continuously try to justify or explain the last year of Fleetwood Mac drama is purely amazing.
are you sure "steve" is a real person ... and not really an "i" short of STEVIE ...
Old 12-31-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting to read people's posts still being puzzled why are most hardcore FM fans not "moving on". in order to move on you gotta have some type of closure. we had band's lies and then Lindsey's lawsuit with a very different version of what happened. and then band settling lawsuit as fast as they could (after bsing "we will see you in court! ), in a way that gave Lindsey most of what he asked for which tells you he had a great case - he was right & they were wrong.

so in order to move on, band would have to apologize to Lindsey and eat back their lies. Stevie and Mick in particular.

that would provide a closure, to be able to move on.
Yeah I guess I don't understand this whole "get over it" comment. I can't imagine this same group of posters getting over it if they decided to fire Stevie in 2012 (or in 2018). Their next step is to characterize everyone who hasn't gotten over it as some sort of "Lindsey superfan," and while that is the case for some people, I think it's a pretty broad label to apply. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan first and foremost - I've long considered the fivesome to be significantly superior together than any have been without the others. I am not ready to just "get over it" and it has nothing to do with me taking sides in the Lindsey vs. Stevie ridiculousness. It has to do with the fact that my favorite band is now parading around the country with two new members who have nothing to do with the band's catalog because the remaining band members felt one of the five was simply replaceable. And the fact that they can go out with the Fleetwood Mac brand and play to large crowds with basically anybody with ability playing and singing Lindsey's part says more about the fanbase than anything else. I don't want to see anybody replacing any of these people in Fleetwood Mac at this point in time.

This has not taken over my existence as some of the posters would imply when these threads inevitably keep showing up - my life is just fine and generally not impacted in any way by the shenanigans of Fleetwood Mac (aside from saving money). But when I come to The Ledge, I sure as hell am not just going to ignore the gigantic elephant in the room - this is where I come to talk to other rabid Fleetwood Mac fans about what's going on in Fleetwood Mac. Quite honestly, Lindsey being fired is the most insane and newsworthy thing to happen since The Dance. I suspect this "little" topic will define most rabid FM fan conversations for a long time.