The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I thought I wrote somewhere that they should bunker in grohl's homestudio and record an album in three months on that same old NEVE board as the FM record was done in '75.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

regarding his public statements, he really gave just that one radio interview about Christine maybe coming back (before it was official and they were all skirting around it). he said something like her potentially coming back opens up a whole spectrum of possibilities that make him happy but he doesn't want to say anything more because he doesn't want to jinx it.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
would LOVE to see him open up his solo albums a little more. we've gotten plenty of the "genius alone in the basement" recordings, and they've been great, but after multiple albums of this, it's time for something different. Maybe that's part of why I've always loved OOTC so much... he worked with Richard on it and it has a different feel to it. I would love for him to bring some new talent into his solo work-- not as glossy, publicity-generating stuff but real playing with others and feeding off their ideas.
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Recently, he has had a tendency to work on solo stuff in his hotel room while on tour with FM. Hence my thought we will see another "basement" Small Machine CD after that, without any outside collaborators.
maybe he can pull some of the people he meets on the road? we know he was backstage at some concerts during this last tour, just bring them in and see what they can do! then use what's good, discard what's not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Recently, he has had a tendency to work on solo stuff in his hotel room while on tour with FM.
Needlessly annoying the people in the adjoining rooms. I'm calling the front desk.

Michele
Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Recently, he has had a tendency to work on solo stuff in his hotel room while on tour with FM.
hasn't he been doing that since at least Tusk?

You know, our boy, sitting alone in his hotel room like a monk working on his songs, while those other sybarites in the band were snorting up everything and then some... tee hee
Old 02-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes!

maybe he can pull some of the people he meets on the road? we know he was backstage at some concerts during this last tour, just bring them in and see what they can do! then use what's good, discard what's not.

"how'd you like to come up to my room and listen to my songs?" he he he. Is this the new version of looking at my etchings?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"how'd you like to come up to my room and listen to my songs?" he he he. Is this the new version of looking at my etchings?
I really loved Anne Heche's story of meeting him and he had a cassette and she saw something about drums written on it and she said, "Are you a drummer?" And he just kind of smiled and said he was not, but didn't elaborate.

Michele
Old 02-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. that occurred to me as soon as i wrote it but decided to leave it anyway.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2014, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. that occurred to me as soon as i wrote it but decided to leave it anyway.
maybe one of these times you can offer to listen, elle?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
maybe one of these times you can offer to listen, elle?
although we were talking about cool musical contributors to his solo recordings. unfortunately, i have nothing to offer there. i'll happily yield to Trent.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

btw, do we really know that Lindsey is recording when on the road these days?

that bit of info i think originated from his niece's blog, that she kept during SYW tour. she wrote that he was usually in his room recording, while John McVie was usually out and about, walking the streets of whatever town they were in. new UTS and GOS songs came out of those solo recordings in the hotel rooms during SYW tour. however Lindsey did not say that SWS was recorded during Unleashed, in fact he said SWS was never even thought of before 2010 when he realized new FM album was not happening so he just started recording a solo album.

from all the photos of Lindsey around towns at almost every stop of the Live 2013 FM tour, we know for sure he was not holed up in his room all the time, but was seen out and about (and John seems to be still doing the same, as during SYW).

so seems like LB is actually living and enjoying life these days much more, taking in the places where he goes, and spends much less time worrying about recording? we certainly know by the recent stuff he put out that he's not spending years on perfecting whatever he's working on, he's just been putting it out and moving on...

Old 02-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We also had video of Lindsey sitting on the hotel room floor. His back was propped up against the bed and he was playing .... I don't think he was playing a guitar. I thought it was actually one of those portable keyboards or ... I think it was a device that you can both play on it and record what you've played all in one.

Well, Lindsey roams the city in the daytime, but what does he do at night. One must stay out of trouble.

Michele
Old 02-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We also had video of Lindsey sitting on the hotel room floor. His back was propped up against the bed and he was playing .... I don't think he was playing a guitar. I thought it was actually one of those portable keyboards or ... I think it was a device that you can both play on it and record what you've played all in one.
can you link us up?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
can you link us up?
I will try to remember where it was. I think it was video that Lindsey released himself. And that's when we first started making jokes about what the people in the next room had to put up with.

Michele
Old 02-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I will try to remember where it was. I think it was video that Lindsey released himself. And that's when we first started making jokes about what the people in the next room had to put up with.

Michele
ah thanks, maybe one of those UTS tour vids. i'll look through.