The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How many times have you seen solo Linds live?
Never. But I really want to. 13 25.00%
Never and I really don't care if I do. 3 5.77%
Between 1-5 times 26 50.00%
Between 6-10 times 2 3.85%
Somewhere between 11 and 15...what? 3 5.77%
So many times I lost count 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Solo Lindsey Live: yay/nay/meh?

I suddenly decided to make a poll to get an idea of how many times you'vehave seen solo Lindsey live. Some may have seen him only a handful, others far more, and maybe some have not seen him at all. It's not so much a comparison as it is a means for discussion.

I'd love to know what it is about Lindsey live that made so many see him more than once? And those who haven't seen him: do you want to ever? Just share your thoughts.

For me it's a no-brainer. But I'll share that later...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Of course I want to. My geographical location and the money it would cost to fly to the States for one is somewhat of a barrier. As is the fact I didn't even know his name before March 2013 and I'm fairly certain he's not done solo shows since then...

#haventbeentostevieorfleetwoodmaceither

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've seen him twice live (which is both of the tours he's done since I've become a fan).

I see him live for the same reason I see any other person live. I like his music and his playing.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Of course I want to. My geographical location and the money it would cost to fly to the States for one is somewhat of a barrier. As is the fact I didn't even know his name before March 2013 and I'm fairly certain he's not done solo shows since then...

But that's ok Nicole because your fandom has to start somewhere. Think about the amazing parts: you get the chance to "discover" Lindsey when many of us (myself here I'm talking about myself) have been fans since, well, I was in undergrad and I fell so deeply and the experience of hearing all his music as "new" to me was just wonderful. I felt like I had found a treasure trove of greatness.

I hope you see him!

Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I've seen him twice live (which is both of the tours he's done since I've become a fan).

I see him live for the same reason I see any other person live. I like his music and his playing.
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your feedback. Good reason to see an artist live. Generally, my favorite live experiences have always been with those artists who's music AND live performances I love.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol! VOTE PEOPLE. Don't be scared of me.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted somewhere between 11 and 15. It could be more, but I lost count. However, I felt better voting that just to be safe. I really should have marked them down somewhere.

Why so many? Because he is incredible live and I could just sit there and listen to him play "Go Insane" over and over and never tire. He's amazing.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
lol! VOTE PEOPLE. Don't be scared of me.
Nico! it's been a long time, good to see you back here!

you know my answer. more than the times you have listed, but haven't lost count, yet.

and still not enough. why so many times? first i loved [some of] his music, then i saw him live at Saban show, and figured i'd see one more when he comes to my area. then talked to some other fans, and it just started rolling. now we have big fun roadtrips and parties around his tours, and i met some of my closest dearest friends along the way. it's like an addiction. or maybe like some sport's team club. whatever it is, it's been a great journey.

live solo, i love his intensity, especially when he's performing on his own. he takes you on emotional roller-coaster ride, plus gives you unbelievably mesmerizing guitar experience that one can gets never tired of watching. solo he doesn't play chords like he mostly does with the mac, but you also get much more of that thunderous fingerpicking that is hard not to get drawn into.

the fact that Lindsey is so open to audience interactions and that you can tease him during the shows and get him to add some requests adds in the fun. and that he is so warm, appreciative, and easy to shoot breeze with these days doesn't hurt either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Keep going hoping he'll grow on me some day .

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
lol. it's a struggle, Michele.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Nico! it's been a long time, good to see you back here!

you know my answer. more than the times you have listed, but haven't lost count, yet.

and still not enough. why so many times? first i loved [some of] his music, then i saw him live at Saban show, and figured i'd see one more when he comes to my area. then talked to some other fans, and it just started rolling. now we have big fun roadtrips and parties around his tours, and i met some of my closest dearest friends along the way. it's like an addiction. or maybe like some sport's team club. whatever it is, it's been a great journey.

live solo, i love his intensity, especially when he's performing on his own. he takes you on emotional roller-coaster ride, plus gives you unbelievably mesmerizing guitar experience that one can gets never tired of watching. solo he doesn't play chords like he mostly does with the mac, but you also get much more of that thunderous fingerpicking that is hard not to get drawn into.

the fact that Lindsey is so open to audience interactions and that you can tease him during the shows and get him to add some requests adds in the fun. and that he is so warm, appreciative, and easy to shoot breeze with these days doesn't hurt either.
What a perfect response. You know, there are some artists you see live and they're good and everything, but their performances don't necessarily showcase a completely different side to their artistic abilities. When I saw Lindsey live, I felt like I saw a whole different side of him. On albums, his songs could be more mechanical, precise, and "perfect."

There is something so intense, passionate, REAL, and...fiery about seeing him live. All the emotions come through and, to be honest, I've loved a lot of his live arrangements as much- even more- than on his albums.

Not to mention- YES! Some truly awesome people I have met through this fandom. You all know who you are.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I love it.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I voted somewhere between 11 and 15. It could be more, but I lost count. However, I felt better voting that just to be safe. I really should have marked them down somewhere.

Why so many? Because he is incredible live and I could just sit there and listen to him play "Go Insane" over and over and never tire. He's amazing.
right. you know it's more.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right. you know it's more.
Ok yeah everyone. It's more than 15. I sort of forgot how....um, excited I got in 2006 when he announced his tour. Yeah I went to a LOT of shows. It's probably more like, oh, 17/18...

Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

wow, didn't know you are such a new fan. how cool!