User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
And what I am saying, for the 1,098,456 time, is that if Lindsey wasn't involved, the same people wouldn't shell out $125 just to see Stevie.
Well be prepared to restate your thoughts for the 1,098,457th time because i still disagree. you seem to think that if it was fm sans stevie it would sell the same as fm sans lindsey. but when you really think about it, wouldn't stevie's absence be more of a commerical devestation?

(Note: Because everyone is posting so quickly i am not spell checking. ignore the mispelling please! )

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Well be prepared to restate your thoughts for the 1,098,457th time because i still disagree. you seem to think that if it was fm sans stevie it would sell the same as fm sans lindsey. but when you really think about it, wouldn't stevie's absence be more of a commerical devestation?

(Note: Because everyone is posting so quickly i am not spell checking. ignore the mispelling please! )

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

EDIT: Look I think that what we are all trying to say is that people would probably not pay $A200 to see Mick and John. OK - we are in agreeance!!!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 03-20-2004 at 11:59 PM..
Old 03-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my word, I thought that was what I was doing.

Read carefully:

If Stevie was the biggest draw, her solo tours would've done much better than way under $20 million. She can't fill arenas or ampitheatres in general. Fleetwood Mac can. And they can sell out on a consistent basis.

If Lindsey was not a part of the Mac and it was only Stevie, John, and Mick, that tour would sell like a Stevie solo tour.

If Stevie was not a part of the Mac, and it was only Lindsey, John, and Mick, that tour would probably sell like a Stevie solo tour: $14 million.

In summary, it is the combined chemistry of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, and John that makes Fleetwood Mac touring so successful. Not Stevie, not Lindsey, ALL of them.

im sorry but i dont believe that if it were just john, mick and lindsey , that it would sell even half as well as a stevie solo tour....
Old 03-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
they werent cheap for the time, and i thought she did well... as for group sales, the FM tickets although they may seem high to us the buyer, but if you compare them to the stones or eagles its a discount...
Looking at the spotty tour record, I'd say she did mediocre, not well.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
im sorry but i dont believe that if it were just john, mick and lindsey , that it would sell even half as well as a stevie solo tour....
Let me adjust my last number. Her last tour didn't do $14, it was $10. And I firmly believe that if it was Lindsey, Mick, and John, it would sell at least that.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
EDIT: Look I think that what we are all trying to say is that people would probably not pay $A200 to see Mick and John. OK - we are in agreeance!!!
Always the voice of reason.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous rationale.

We have no way to assert how many people would attend a Lindsey Buckingham solo tour. We can't use numbers from the OOTC tour because that was more than ten years ago.

The biggest draw means who draws the most people to the venue. Who draws the most people? FLEETWOOD MAC.

why cant you use numbers from the ootc tour, if you can compare stevies old tours sales with her current tours.? go back and use a tour of stevies from 10 years ago and compare it to lindseys and see how those compare, but i think we know the answer. and why is it that stevie toured will all her cds and lindsey didnt. the demand was not out there for him. i love ootc, and i love him with fm, but his other 2 cds did nothing for me. ill be honest i was really hoping for a new solo from him , now it probably wont ever happen he worked on this material for years and now its more talk of the next fm cd instead of my solo cd. too bad
Old 03-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
That, I will agree with.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll agree with that, too. However, they could mislead people by not exactly being upfront about Stevie's lack of attendance for the tour. But then again, how stupid can you get, right?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why cant you use numbers from the ootc tour, if you can compare stevies old tours sales with her current tours.? go back and use a tour of stevies from 10 years ago and compare it to lindseys and see how those compare, but i think we know the answer. and why is it that stevie toured will all her cds and lindsey didnt. the demand was not out there for him. i love ootc, and i love him with fm, but his other 2 cds did nothing for me. ill be honest i was really hoping for a new solo from him , now it probably wont ever happen he worked on this material for years and now its more talk of the next fm cd instead of my solo cd. too bad
Well, I was trying to compare the timespace tour with ootc, but i have no idea what the numbers are. however, if he really just did small 1000 people clubs, then he couldn't have made 1/4th of what stevie made, in my oppinion.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But do you believe that they'd be able to leave out Lindsey songs and tour successfully? Hell no. It is the combination of Stevie and Lindsey. If it was just Stevie it would bomb and Mick and John would have a ****ty income.

As for the OOTC prices, they were quite low. Under $50, I think. He only toured small clubs, but almost all of them sold out.

i would hope he would be able to sell out a small club ? and ootc was his best work,, now how was stevie doing 10 years ago compared to his tour? thats a fair comparison isnt it. ?
Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i would hope he would be able to sell out a small club ? and ootc was his best work,, now how was stevie doing 10 years ago compared to his tour? thats a fair comparison isnt it. ?
Yup, she sold better, i imagine, and she was promotiing what is known as her worst album, Street Angel.

So Stevie's worst sold better then Lindsey's best.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're hell bent on proving that Stevie is the big draw, but it can't be done, my friend.

You can't compare clubs that seat 850-1,000 people to an ampitheatre that seats 10,000-20,000. But if you want to, Lindsey sold out many, many shows and Stevie didn't sell out one on the Timespace tour.

you can most definately use this to compare, the fact is lindsey wouldnt have been able to sell out amphithearters that is why he had a club tour. and please dont say that we dont know this , if he could have he would have believe me. lol but then to try and compare the sell outs. omg you are funny, i think you arethe one who is hell bent on trying to convince ppl..please if stevie was touring clubs the tour would never come to an end she would be booked and sold out for a very long time..
Old 03-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you can most definately use this to compare, the fact is lindsey wouldnt have been able to sell out amphithearters that is why he had a club tour. and please dont say that we dont know this , if he could have he would have believe me. lol but then to try and compare the sell outs. omg you are funny, i think you arethe one who is hell bent on trying to convince ppl..please if stevie was touring clubs the tour would never come to an end she would be booked and sold out for a very long time..
If Stevie did clubs you would have to know someone important to get tickets

And no offense dissension, but i think you don't give stevie enough credit

We were frail...
Save us...