User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"All the flying was giving her panic attacks," says Nicks.
I think Christine needs the Klonopin now.

Also interesting that zilcho mention was made of the infamous onstage incident at the 1980 New Zealand shows.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Also interesting that zilcho mention was made of the infamous onstage incident at the 1980 New Zealand shows.
I wonder if anyone still remembers it? Here, that is...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I wonder if anyone still remembers it? Here, that is...
What WAS the famous New Zealand incident? Do I fail for not knowing this?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No, you don't fail, if you fail, I fail. I don't think I know about this either, but it sounds like something i definitely NEED to hear about. Anyone?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard SO many versions of the NZ story, I'm not even sure how to condense it, and I don't think that there's ever really been any proof that the incident occured. But I'm sure at least one person here will be able to explain it correctly!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
I've heard SO many versions of the NZ story, I'm not even sure how to condense it, and I don't think that there's ever really been any proof that the incident occured. But I'm sure at least one person here will be able to explain it correctly!
AHHHHHHH! Now I'm more than curious! Anybody! Please tell us! Dani and I will die until someone responds!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard something about New Zealand and Lindsey kicking Stevie or something like that... but I thought that was more The Dance era? Or am I making **** up?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, i'll bite. Supposedly Mr. Buckingham was PURPOSELY mis-playing stevies songs because he was mad/jealous/had bad gass/ i dont know. He's moody. ANYHOW, during ~RHIANNON~ he was on-stage making fun of her "Rhiannon dance" (according to Micks book, and others) he took his jacket, pulled it over his head, and started to imitate her in a mocking way. Supposedly he kicked her. She continued to train on through the song. He continued to play it out of tune and then Allegedly he threw a guitar. The band ended the show, all members were pissed, everyone ran to really give it to him and Christine was the first. She Slapped him, and then told him off for being so unprofessional in front of a paying audience.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I heard something about New Zealand and Lindsey kicking Stevie or something like that... but I thought that was more The Dance era? Or am I making **** up?
I think he was drunk and started imitating her and kicking her during Rhiannon. There may have been some slurred swear words involved in there too. I always thought that this happened on like the Tusk tour or something, but I wouldn't know because I wasn't alive.

we run away♥
Old 08-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It WAS the Tusk tour. It was March they played Wellington and Auckland. read my previous post for story.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It WAS the Tusk tour. It was March they played Wellington and Auckland.
Oh, I'm sorry for the double post! I must have been writing my post shortly after you posted, because it wasn't there before! I'll delete it if it angers anyone!

we run away♥
Old 08-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OOOHHHHH---yeah, now that you mention it, I have heard this story, although I did not know it was in NZ. I thought it happened while they were....IDK where I thought, but good to know. Didn't Carol Ann also mention something about this in her book? Maybe not. Maybe Mick's book is where I read it.

Poor Stevie. But I guess....poor Lindsey--he must have really had some issues back then, but whatever, I would give him a kidney. I love him.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Oh, I'm sorry for the double post! I must have been writing my post shortly after you posted, because it wasn't there before! I'll delete it if it angers anyone!
Oh No,No. No need for apologies. ESPECIALLY from you. I really enjoy your posts.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
OOOHHHHH---yeah, now that you mention it, I have heard this story, although I did not know it was in NZ. I thought it happened while they were....IDK where I thought, but good to know. Didn't Carol Ann also mention something about this in her book? Maybe not. Maybe Mick's book is where I read it.

Poor Stevie. But I guess....poor Lindsey--he must have really had some issues back then, but whatever, I would give him a kidney. I love him.
Poor Stevie yes. Poor Lindsey no. I am glad that hes not like that anymore though. OH, and the Kidney thing
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oooooooooooooooh yeah, I remember that saga. I just didn't know it was New Zealand. Didn't Christine throw her drink in his face? If so, I love that bitch.

Poor Stevie, though. People may have their individual problems with her performances or anything else under the sun, but you have to admit she's good at keeping it together amid some sort of chaos that only Fleetwood Mac can ensue.

I'm so twisted for loving Lindsey's super dark other side. I love that with age, it seems to be controllable.... yet its still there, alive and kicking underneath it all. I'm a sick human being but I love all things dark and ethereal and he definitely has the dark. Yum.

^^ a bad mentality to have.