The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where I come from, and I don’t mean village, town, country...I mean decency.
You do write to someone who has had a heart attack, you write a handwritten letter......especially someone you’ve known for decades.

You do not expect a reply!!
They’ve just had a heart attack, for God’s sake.
(That’s besides the fact that you sacked them.Yes you)
Old 10-16-2020, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
YEARS of belittling and minimizing Stevie. go back to kicking her onstage in Australia!! She's supposed to forget that?
Oh well she deserved it. He should of kicked her harder. The truth is Lindsey criticisms of Stevie were accurate. Her ego just couldn’t take it.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I couldn't help but thinking while reading, that even IF Lindsey ever came back(which I don't ever want to see), that Brett probably shot his own chances of returning in the ass, for daring to tell the truth about the old hag. $he's bitter, and holds a grudge like nobody's bidness.
I thought the same thing. But its clear Brett is ok with it. Brett told the truth to Rolling Stone which is going to crush $tevie. Yes, he will never be asked to join the band again but he is at peace with that. They booted him off their last tour. It really is $tevie Mac. She controls everything.

Funny story about Brett. During Lindsey's last solo tour, I was in the front row. After songs, Brett was looking at me and kept mouthing something. I could not understand what he was trying to tell me. Then when another song ended, I finally understood reading his lips "I will see you after the show." WFH? Why is Brett going to see me after the show? Does he think I am someone else? I was really confused and a little excited at the same time. Then I found what was going on. The girl next me to was who he was communicating with. Apparently they knew each other LOL
Old 10-16-2020, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What was the 2012 tour delay?
The Heart and Soul tour was supposed to open in West Palm Beach, Florida. Rod lives in Palm Beach and they were practicing for the tour in downtown West Palm Beach. The first several nights of the tour were cancelled because Rod was sick. I think they made most of the dates up at the end of the tour.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What was the 2012 tour delay?
It wasn't just the Rod Stewart Tour.
She continued the In Your Dreams Tour in June of 2012. Picked up the Rod Stewart Tour in late July. And wrapped up IYD in September 2012.

Mick did an interview with Playboy that year where he revealed he wanted FM to tour in 2012 and didn't know if they'd tour again.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It wasn't just the Rod Stewart Tour.
She continued the In Your Dreams Tour in June of 2012. Picked up the Rod Stewart Tour in late July. And wrapped up IYD in September 2012.

Mick did an interview with Playboy that year where he revealed he wanted FM to tour in 2012 and didn't know if they'd tour again.
This thread is so long, I did not see the context of the question. I thought the question was why the Heart and Soul tour was delayed.....not the Unleashed tour.
Misunderstanding.
Sorry
Old 10-16-2020, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't be sorry, please! Your Brett story is great. I met him and Neale outside a Sheraton once too. Actually had a long chat with Neale where he told me he said to Mick the band should do an acoustic "Rumours" performance.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

As for not doing the new record, all she would need to say is that she didn’t like recording albums with Lindsey and that life’s too short. It’s not like that was a deep secret. She could even have said that they were free to fire her if they had wanted.
She could've said that and that she would only tour and not record with Fleetwood Mac, but she didn't say that. When RS asked her why she wasn't on Buckingham McVie she said "I've been on the road since September of 2016, so I don't understand their premise." She made it like they didn't wait for her to record and was thus not truthful.
Buckingham McVie started recording in early 2014. She chose to go to Nashville, which is her choice. Buckingham McVie did actually chart higher than 24 Karat Gold did in the United Kingdom.
There was a Mac break from mid July to October 2015. She didn't start 24 Karat Gold Tour until September of 2016.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We still don’t have an answer to what “that” is. What was “that” issue?

The only question that got answered is who the first singer was, and it sounds like Neil was the first choice from the outset.

“There were some key things”

Like what?

“There had been some meetings that didn’t go well and people would walk out. There was some pretty upset people at other people. A lot of this was coming from Stevie and Lindsey’s differences about how they viewed this next tour.”

What were those differences???

“But there were a couple of bad exchanges in meetings and other things that lead to some high drama with Stevie.”

What was the nature of those bad exchanges? What were the other things?

“After the Pretenders tour and the success of that, she had gotten to a place where she wasn’t going to bend on things. She wanted it to be her way more than the rest of the people did in the band.”

What things? What’s “it?”

“It was really between Lindsey wanting time for a little short run of his solo work and then get back to the Mac.”

So, he wanted a delay from what they were planning? Isn’t that basically what the band said? I guess I’m not seeing the lie. Maybe an exaggeration on time on Stevie’s part, but that’s hardly new for her.

The accounts line up surprisingly well.
You’re like the William Barr of the ledge....you’ll defend Stevie and the Mac at any and all costs, regardless of any amount of evidence that they’re sh*tty individuals.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
YEARS of belittling and minimizing Stevie. go back to kicking her onstage in Australia!! She's supposed to forget that?
The thing that puzzles me is why wasn't Lindsey sacked back then if he was so abusive to Stevie? You could argue that Stevie's had the main "pulling power" in the band since her solo career started in the early 80's so i'm sure that if she'd wanted Lindsey fired back then it would have happened. Maybe because back then Mick needed Lindsey to make new FM albums, but now making new music isn't important to Mick anymore.

Last edited by Justin Reach; 10-16-2020 at 06:53 AM..
Old 10-16-2020, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oh well she deserved it. He should of kicked her harder. The truth is Lindsey criticisms of Stevie were accurate. Her ego just couldn’t take it.
Funny how Stevie fans always, always, always gloss over John McVie and his darling, booze infused abusive behavior of pretty much the entire decade of the 70s....it’s pretty insulting to Christine. It’s always been easier to cast Lindsey as the problem child, this has been going on for decades.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-16-2020 at 06:58 AM..
Old 10-16-2020, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
The thing that puzzles me is why wasn't Lindsey sacked back then if he was so abusive to Stevie?
I ask the same thing. Vanessa Carlton tweeted Lindsey has "a history of abusing women". If Mick witnessed abuse, why didn't he fire Lindsey or call for his arrest?

Didn't they say Stevie attacked Lindsey and then he choked her on a car in 86 or 87? Yet he welcomed Lindsey back from 97-18.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The only question that got answered is who the first singer was, and it sounds like Neil was the first choice from the outset.

Like what?

“There had been some meetings that didn’t go well and people would walk out. There was some pretty upset people at other people. A lot of this was coming from Stevie and Lindsey’s differences about how they viewed this next tour.”

“But there were a couple of bad exchanges in meetings and other things that lead to some high drama with Stevie.”

“After the Pretenders tour and the success of that, she had gotten to a place where she wasn’t going to bend on things. She wanted it to be her way more than the rest of the people did in the band.”

What things? What’s “it?”

“It was really between Lindsey wanting time for a little short run of his solo work and then get back to the Mac.”

So, he wanted a delay from what they were planning? Isn’t that basically what the band said? I guess I’m not seeing the lie. Maybe an exaggeration on time on Stevie’s part, but that’s hardly new for her.

The accounts line up surprisingly well.
You're ridiculous. The amount of bending you have done to justify what they did in firing Lindsey has honestly been baffling. The accounts don't line up - "a little short run of his solo work" equates to the 18 months that Stevie said he wanted them to delay the tour? It was a major exaggeration and clearly, if one has any critical thinking skills at all, NOT the reason for the firing, it was the excuse. And even so, given that SHE DELAYED A FLEETWOOD MAC TOUR HERSELF IN 2012 FOR HER SOLO WORK, the hypocrisy is as thick as mud. Why is it okay for Stevie to delay a tour and not Lindsey? Where is that question thrown back at her? What would her answer be?

If there's a bigger there there, then Ms. Nicks should say what it was. But really, it was wahhhhh Lindsey is mean. WAHHHHH Lindsey didn't take my signed copy of Bella Donna!! WAHHHHHH Lindsey said I wanted to shack up with other men!!! HE TOLD ME TO CHANGE THE TENSE IN MY SONG!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Or my favorite...was it the 2009 tour that she bitched about not having enough drama or something?

She's been a clown about the man for years. At this point she despises him and at 70 finally got the clout and balls to get him fired as her final payback. That's the bottom line. She has surrounded herself with yes-men who live in her happy little dancing bubble telling her how amazing she is and without her Mom and Dad around, nobody has the nerve to tell her when she's being a ridiculous baby since everyone in the bubble is on the Stevie bank train.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Like what?

ll.
if you read Lindsey's interviews in 2018 you would know exactly what he's talking about.

they were negotiating the new FM tour the whole fall of 2017. they had a number of meetings. Lindsey asked for several months to tour his new album before starting FM tour. they were going back and forth and Stevie said no. after several meetings he said he walked out, because Stevie didn't want to give an inch. so he proposed parallel tours then, touring solo in between Mac dates, and no Mac tour postponement. Mick was too chicken to even mention that to Stevie apparently. Lindsey found that out when they got together for Musicares rehearsals. even after Musicares, Lindsey still thought the parallel tours are a go, starting in summer 2018.

if you recall FM tour started on Lindsey's bday, Oct 3 2018. with Lindsey and his dates in between, it was supposed to start some time in June 2018. so they somehow didn't mind postponing it.

it's nice to have Brett giving us additional details now. it makes the story complete.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-16-2020, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I ask the same thing. Vanessa Carlton tweeted Lindsey has "a history of abusing women". If Mick witnessed abuse, why didn't he fire Lindsey or call for his arrest?

Didn't they say Stevie attacked Lindsey and then he choked her on a car in 86 or 87? Yet he welcomed Lindsey back from 97-18.
This exactly. Is Lindsey was so abusive toward Stevie, why wasn't he fired long before '87? Why did they invite him to the Oakland and LA shows at the end of 1990? Why did Stevie stand on stage for Landslide with him saying she hoped he would find it in his heart to make music with her again some day? Why did he play on Behind the Mask? The box set? Why did Mick work with him in '96? Why did Stevie work with him on Twisted? The Dance? Her career resurged after The Dance. Why did she go back and record Say You Will? Why tour for 18 months? Why do Soundstage with him? Why do Unleashed or the 2013 tour? Why bring him in for Soldier's Angel? Why do the stupid Sara dance thing or the Landslide hug for years?

As for Vanessa Carlton? Sit down lady. Why did you have Lindsey play on one of your songs? Why would you engage with a man like that at all?