The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,037
Default Exile opening for Fleetwood Mac

For those who went to a concert late 70s, does anybody remember Exile opening for Fleetwood Mac?

But everything changed when "Kiss You All Over" hit radio stations. Almost overnight, Exile went from playing clubs to opening for Heart, Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ent...kiss/23289569/
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 08-12-2020, 11:25 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
For those who went to a concert late 70s, does anybody remember Exile opening for Fleetwood Mac?

But everything changed when "Kiss You All Over" hit radio stations. Almost overnight, Exile went from playing clubs to opening for Heart, Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ent...kiss/23289569/
Tusk was the only 70's show I saw, and Christopher Cross was the opener.


Exile successfully made the transition from being a rock band into a country band.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Tusk was the only 70's show I saw, and Christopher Cross was the opener.


Exile successfully made the transition from being a rock band into a country band.
You lucky duck
Christopher Cross was the artist of the year with his sensational debut album. I cant imagine what a concert. Tusk tour with Christopher Cross@
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2020, 04:50 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You lucky duck
Christopher Cross was the artist of the year with his sensational debut album. I cant imagine what a concert. Tusk tour with Christopher Cross@
I was in 7th grade, and sick as a dog. I was completely into them, and Mom told me I was too sick, and couldn't go. THE HELL YOU SAY!!! I went!

The things you remember.....I went to the concession stand and then he started playing Ride Like The Wind. I think it was the only song of his I knew, and I was pissed that I was stuck in line during it!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2020, 01:32 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You lucky duck
Christopher Cross was the artist of the year with his sensational debut album. I cant imagine what a concert. Tusk tour with Christopher Cross@
At the Hollywood Bowl, the sun hadn't set yet. Cross started his set and played a bunch of songs, probably from his latest album. Then Nicolette Larson came onstage and sang the great "Lotta Love." Perfect song for a picnic at the Bowl in late summer as the sun was finally setting. Nicolette, in a long floral dress, did a few more songs, probably "Say You'll Be Mine," for example. Sometimes, at the Bowl, there's a little ocean breeze in the late, late afternoon, and it makes summer concerts so much cooler. In those days, rock concerts at the Bowl were laid back and coastal and so El Lay. So zen. They were nothing like getting mauled by the mob at one of the cavernous sports arenas, which always smelled like spilled beer to me. I was never a fan of the laid-back "Sailing," but it was the perfect musical backdrop to the Bowl experience that afternoon. And this was all before Fleetwood Mac came onstage (late, as usual, after the Mike Oldfield music played for twenty minutes over the PA). It was like getting a Swedish massage in the Hollywood Hills.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2020, 01:41 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At the Hollywood Bowl, the sun hadn't set yet. Cross started his set and played a bunch of songs, probably from his latest album. Then Nicolette Larson came onstage and sang the great "Lotta Love." Perfect song for a picnic at the Bowl in late summer as the sun was finally setting. Nicolette, in a long floral dress, did a few more songs, probably "Say You'll Be Mine," for example. Sometimes, at the Bowl, there's a little ocean breeze in the late, late afternoon, and it makes summer concerts so much cooler. In those days, rock concerts at the Bowl were laid back and coastal and so El Lay. So zen. They were nothing like getting mauled by the mob at one of the cavernous sports arenas, which always smelled like spilled beer to me. I was never a fan of the laid-back "Sailing," but it was the perfect musical backdrop to the Bowl experience that afternoon. And this was all before Fleetwood Mac came onstage (late, as usual, after the Mike Oldfield music played for twenty minutes over the PA). It was like getting a Swedish massage in the Hollywood Hills.
Are you high right now, my friend?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2020, 01:46 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You lucky duck
Christopher Cross was the artist of the year with his sensational debut album. I cant imagine what a concert. Tusk tour with Christopher Cross@
Isn't it weird how great Christopher Cross was out of the gate, with 4 singles, and struggled hard after that. I loved that first album. My girlfriend at the time played piano, and we worked up several of the songs from it. Oddly, our favorite song was never a hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1DTG9lwuQ
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2020, 03:15 PM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 472
Default Mirage Tour

Men at Work opened for FM on the Mirage tour (in the midwest, not sure about the whole tour).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Men at Work opened for FM on the Mirage tour (in the midwest, not sure about the whole tour).
Yep, that's who it was in Indy. They were good, too.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2020, 02:06 PM
kenzo's Avatar
kenzo kenzo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 181
Default

At the first Mac show I attended - John Waite, John Cougar, and Loverboy were the openers. Rock Super Bowl XV in Orlando, September '82.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-14-2020, 02:11 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,088
Default

I was at one of the taped Forum shows for the Mirage tour..I seem to recall that Dave Mason opened or maybe that was for Tango but Fleetwood Mac were great .The end an era.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2020, 04:11 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I was at one of the taped Forum shows for the Mirage tour..I seem to recall that Dave Mason opened or maybe that was for Tango but Fleetwood Mac were great .The end an era.
I think Glen Frey opened for the Mac in LA during Mirage, no?

The Cruzados opened for the Mac for Tango. Mick saw them perform at a club and asked them to join. Not the greatest. The crowd went wild when they announced "This is our last song"
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-14-2020, 04:35 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think Glen Frey opened for the Mac in LA during Mirage, no?

The Cruzados opened for the Mac for Tango. Mick saw them perform at a club and asked them to join. Not the greatest. The crowd went wild when they announced "This is our last song"
It was definitely not Glen Frey ..so it had to be Dave Mason . You're right about the Cruzados on Tango..they just were not that memorable to me.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-14-2020, 04:38 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It was definitely not Glen Frey ..so it had to be Dave Mason . You're right about the Cruzados on Tango..they just were not that memorable to me.
Has anyone here ever actually gotten into Dave Mason(other than Steve MacD)?

I've never gotten it, and couldn't name you a song. I did see the Time Tour, and saw him open for someone(Journey???) a couple years ago in Nashville. BLAH. The only highlight was that he brought Bekka out for a couple songs.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-14-2020, 04:42 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Has anyone here ever actually gotten into Dave Mason(other than Steve MacD)?

I've never gotten it, and couldn't name you a song. I did see the Time Tour, and saw him open for someone(Journey???) a couple years ago in Nashville. BLAH. The only highlight was that he brought Bekka out for a couple songs.
It was kind of a boring set that is why I couldn't remember it well..He did have one hit that he played "Let's Leave it Alone "I think.He was in Traffic at one time .I did like them mostly because of Winwood.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved