The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-17-2020, 05:10 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Her counter vocal part on "Little Lies" is fantastic. I have no issue with her vocal on "Seven Wonders" either.
Her Seven Wonders vocal is cringeworthy. HORRIBLE.

Also You and I part 2 is GENIUS.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2020, 05:19 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Okay, we ALL agree that WISYA BLOWS GOATS. No, not that one.

What the 80's did to me? I grew up then(well, grew up is speculative). Can I go back?

I LOVE me some f*cking Mirage. It's the prequel to BuckVie. Fun, poppy stuff.

Tango is overrated. That is all.
OMG You cant even compare Mirage and Tango

Mirage while pop has intricate playing and real instruments throughout. The music is really good played by real people
Tango is mostly an empty shell of computer programming and slick tricky stuff. Not very many tracks where you say....WOW the music is so good. There are a few signs of life like Isnt It Midnight and Tango In The Night and Little Lies but not much more.
Some of the songs are so damn cheezy on Tango like Big Love. The lyrics to Big Love are so cheezy. I remember taking my friend from Argentina to the On With The Show concert. While very impressed with Lindsey's playing during Big Love, he was shocked that the lyrics could be so cheezy. On Mirage, Mick is banging the drums, John is pounding away, Christine is playing keyboards and piano and Stevie's voice is probably at its prime. Tango is a hot mess of a full Lindsey solo album with guest appearances by Christine and Stevie. John gets one classic bass track (Isnt it Midnight). John and Christine's lack of playing on Tango just was too much for me.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2020, 08:39 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,432
Default

I love both You and I (Part I and II). I remember being so surprised by the BuckVie collaborations. I liked some of the demos floating out there. There's Christine singing it solo, then Lindsey singing it. (Part II)

BuckVie collaborations are my favorite. I think that's where a lot of the magic comes from. Plus, the rhythm section. Christine and Lindsey have such a weird connection.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-18-2020 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2020, 01:12 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
OMG You cant even compare Mirage and Tango

Mirage while pop has intricate playing and real instruments throughout. The music is really good played by real people
Tango is mostly an empty shell of computer programming and slick tricky stuff. Not very many tracks where you say....WOW the music is so good. There are a few signs of life like Isnt It Midnight and Tango In The Night and Little Lies but not much more.
Some of the songs are so damn cheezy on Tango like Big Love. The lyrics to Big Love are so cheezy. I remember taking my friend from Argentina to the On With The Show concert. While very impressed with Lindsey's playing during Big Love, he was shocked that the lyrics could be so cheezy. On Mirage, Mick is banging the drums, John is pounding away, Christine is playing keyboards and piano and Stevie's voice is probably at its prime. Tango is a hot mess of a full Lindsey solo album with guest appearances by Christine and Stevie. John gets one classic bass track (Isnt it Midnight). John and Christine's lack of playing on Tango just was too much for me.

I'd say it's each to their own.
I could confidently, comfortably and happily play Tango in the Night to anyone unfamiliar with the band. In fact, I'm sure I have done, plenty of times.
Unfortunately I'd be quite embarrassed by some of the Mirage material though. The sound of Oh Diane, Empire State, Love in Store, Book of Love...
I personally love it for what it is, but it sounds very, very old.
Perhaps not the lyrics, but the production sensibilities are very cheesy in my opinion and moved the band firmly away from rock towards pop music.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd say it's each to their own.
I could confidently, comfortably and happily play Tango in the Night to anyone unfamiliar with the band. In fact, I'm sure I have done, plenty of times.
Unfortunately I'd be quite embarrassed by some of the Mirage material though. The sound of Oh Diane, Empire State, Love in Store, Book of Love...
I personally love it for what it is, but it sounds very, very old.
Perhaps not the lyrics, but the production sensibilities are very cheesy in my opinion and moved the band firmly away from rock towards pop music.
Of course everyone has different likes and dislikes. There are so many Stevie fans who say RAL is their favorite album. I just cant get my head around that but to each their own.
When you have a fantastic bass player, brilliant drummer and keyboardist its silly or insulting to use programmed bass or other computer stuff. What is funny is Lindsey took it to the next level and even used computer trickery on voices.
Mirage is a soft rock pop album with some brilliant songs (Lindsey will have quirky songs on every album)
Tango is a piece of synth 80s pop with a simpler sound than Mirage. To compare songs like Only Over You with Lindsey's guitar, Christine's singing, keyboard playing and those harmonies to anything on Tango is a bridge to far for me. Forget eras. Any song lyrically, musically, and vocally is vastly better on Mirage.
Mirage still had Fleetwood Mac sound. Tango had very little of that which confuses me when Mac fans put it near the top of their favorite album. Behind the Mask sounds much more like Fleetwood Mac because for the first time since Mirage the rhythm section got to hum again. Not to mention the best harmonies of any Mac record: Love in Store, Straight Back, Gypsy, etc. Tango had a few Lindsey/McVie harmonies but so much trickery its hard to tell.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-18-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-19-2020, 05:19 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Come on now
THIS is the best version by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO43bFX1FmA
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-19-2020, 07:18 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Come on now
THIS is the best version by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO43bFX1FmA
He should wake up with his mouth shut tight.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-19-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Come on now
THIS is the best version by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO43bFX1FmA

W...T...F...? A night with a horse?
I can't unhear this.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-19-2020, 12:18 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Come on now
THIS is the best version by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO43bFX1FmA
Just another gift for us from the year 2020...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
W...T...F...? A night with a horse?
I can't unhear this.
Cocaine is one helluva drug

Sounds like Mick having fun just after the deal went down in Lindsey's driveway



BTW, I think he means a Knight with a horse
Far far away of course
Dancing
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-19-2020 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

Now Christine takes the lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rYCDrkccE
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-19-2020, 04:55 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Now Christine takes the lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rYCDrkccE
and this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qLgSi-frc

Where are these being pulled from?
Is this your Youtube channel?

These are so cool. They should have found space for more of this sort of stuff on the deluxe album.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,161
Default

At least we see how the band was working while Stevie was on her RAL tour.
Not really a fan of this song but each one taking a stab at it is cool
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-19-2020, 07:53 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,481
Default

I wish Lindsey would of somehow incorporated Christineís lead vocals on the final track(Parts 1&2) full song.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-20-2020, 07:52 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Now Christine takes the lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rYCDrkccE
I've always loved this version. I do love the final version better.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved