The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2016, 11:58 AM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 919
Default Favorite tracks from Tango in the Night?

I know this is not a favorite album among fans, but it's not that bad. I think it contains some fairly decent songs.

Here are the songs I like most:

1. Welcome to the room Sara
(please don't kill me!!!)

2. Isn't It Midnight
(I didn't like it too much at first, but it has grown on me).

3. Seven Wonders
(Not Stevie's best work with FM... But its an OK song, I suppose).

4. Big Love
(I prefer the accoustic version from the Dance).

5. Little Lies
(I really do not know why I like it).
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Neal's Avatar
Neal Neal is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Posts: 1,719
Default

I love pretty much every track on TITN with the exception of "Family Man" and "WISYA".
__________________
"Ooh, there is magic...all around you...
every time you walk in the room..."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2016, 12:05 PM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I love pretty much every track on TITN with the exception of "Family Man" and "WISYA".
I never liked Family Man either.
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2016, 12:14 PM
sorcerer999's Avatar
sorcerer999 sorcerer999 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,073
Default

Of the Rumours lineup, this album is most definitely my least favorite. Probably because it doesn't feel like a genuine collaborative effort like the previous four albums. It's like 75% Lindsey, 20% Chris and 5% a pathetic Stevie.

That being said, I can tolerate "Little Lies", "Caroline", "Tango", and "Welcome To The Room, Sara"...but that's about it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2016, 12:50 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,271
Default

Little Lies is by far the best song on the album. It's the only tune that really offers a classic Mac GROUP sound. Everyone has a part to play on it.

Big Love is pretty impressive, too, but it sounds and feels like an LB solo tune.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2016, 01:00 PM
KenB KenB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 228
Default

Tango was an album where they definitely chose the right songs for singles. My favorites:

1. Little Lies
2. Seven Wonders
3. Big Love

Beyond the singles, I also love "You and I," which I know a lot of fans dislike.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2016, 01:12 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I know this is not a favorite album among fans, but it's not that bad. I think it contains some fairly decent songs. .
Not that bad? why, how dare you? (in a very condesceding voice)
Tango In The Night is their finest work.

1) Isn't It Midnight
2) Tango In The Night
3) Seven Wonders
4) Little Lies
5) Everywhere
6) Mystified
7) Welcome To The Room Sara
8) Big Love
9) Caroline
10) You and I Part II
11) Family Man
12) When I See You Again

(The bottom 3 are all better than Empire State, Oh Diane and a quarter of Tusk).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2016, 01:33 PM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Not that bad? why, how dare you? (in a very condesceding voice)
Tango In The Night is their finest work.

1) Isn't It Midnight
2) Tango In The Night
3) Seven Wonders
4) Little Lies
5) Everywhere
6) Mystified
7) Welcome To The Room Sara
8) Big Love
9) Caroline
10) You and I Part II
11) Family Man
12) When I See You Again

(The bottom 3 are all better than Empire State, Oh Diane and a quarter of Tusk).
I don't know if *I* would say it's their "finest" work, but it is better than some of their later releases.
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 05-26-2016 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2016, 01:37 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,432
Default

1 Big Love
2 Tango In The Night
3. Isn't It Midnight
4. Mystified
5. Caroline
6. Everywhere
7. Seven Wonders
8. You And I II
9. Little Lies
10. Welcome
11. When I See You Again
12. Family Man

I love all these songs.. but at the moment.. this is my order

13. Ricky
14. Book of Mircales..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2016, 02:34 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
1 Big Love
2 Tango In The Night
3. Isn't It Midnight
4. Mystified
5. Caroline
6. Everywhere
7. Seven Wonders
8. You And I II
9. Little Lies
10. Welcome
11. When I See You Again
12. Family Man

I love all these songs.. but at the moment.. this is my order

13. Ricky
14. Book of Mircales..
I too love all these songs.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2016, 02:39 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,225
Default

In no special order:

Caroline
Seven wonders
Tango in the night
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2016, 02:42 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
it is better than some of their later releases.
Better than some of their later releases? Are you saying theres an album that came after Tango that is better than it?

It embarrasses Behind The Mask
It knocks Time into oblivion
It kicks Say You Will for sh!t

It's what Mirage could have been
It's more complete than Tusk
It has more sparkle and energy than Fleetwood Mac
It is comparable to Rumours

imo
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 566
Default

For me, it was actually "Ricky", followed by "Little Lies" and "Seven Wonders."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2016, 03:47 PM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Better than some of their later releases? Are you saying theres an album that came after Tango that is better than it?

It embarrasses Behind The Mask
It knocks Time into oblivion
It kicks Say You Will for sh!t

It's what Mirage could have been
It's more complete than Tusk
It has more sparkle and energy than Fleetwood Mac
It is comparable to Rumours

imo
I'm one of the VERY few people that like Time. I have to respectfully disagree with you; it is not a better album than Fleetwood Mac. In fact, I think The White Album is their most flawless release. That's just how I feel, though.
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 05-26-2016 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2016, 03:52 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I'm one of the VERY few people that like Time. I have to respectfully disagree with you; it is not a better album than Fleetwood Mac. In fact, I think it is their most flawless album. That's just how I feel, though.
Don't get me wrong...I like Time. It's just not in the same league as Tango.
Of course, I also love the 'white' album too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER pictureLG818 Orig Photo FLEETWOOD MAC Christine McVie Stevie Nicks Lindsey Buckingham
$20.0
LG818 Orig Photo FLEETWOOD MAC Christine McVie Stevie Nicks Lindsey Buckingham picturePress Photo Singer Songwriter Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Press Photo Singer Songwriter Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved