Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Exclamation 24 Karat Gold Tour Live In Concert LP/CD Available for Pre-Order

A Live LP for the 24 Karat Gold Tour is available as a Pre Order on Barnes & Noble, it is exclusive to them and comes out on 11/20. There is also a 2 CD Digi Pack available on Rough Trade that comes out on 10/30.

Barnes & Noble

Rough Trade

Sidenote: If this post isn't allowed i'll put this info under the other thread where another poster was asking about it!

Last edited by ~GoldDustWoman~; 09-10-2020 at 05:23 PM..
Old 09-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hopefully these different audio release exclusives point to a widespread video release! Surely it's not only going to be an audio release???
Old 09-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you can see that Stand Back, Gypsy, Edge of Seventeen and Crying in the Night are included. I wonder what else makes it. Cannot wait. I have to think that Moonlight and If You Were My Love make it too!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
A Live LP for the 24 Karat Gold Tour is available as a Pre Order on Barnes & Noble, it is exclusive to them and comes out on 11/20. There is also a 2 CD Digi Pack available on Rough Trade that comes out on 10/30.

Barnes & Noble

Rough Trade

Sidenote: If this post isn't allowed i'll put this info under the other thread where another poster was asking about it!
Not available to preorder now. Might've been more appropriate to build on the other thread since no official announcements were made.

If the Ledge Authority sees fit to delete the thread I started, that's cool.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Not available to preorder now. Might've been more appropriate to build on the other thread since no official announcements were made.

If the Ledge Authority sees fit to delete the thread I started, that's cool.
BN must’ve pulled the trigger too soon; I imagine a bigger announcement is forthcoming. That’s said, my pre-order is still active!
Old 09-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
BN must’ve pulled the trigger too soon; I imagine a bigger announcement is forthcoming. That’s said, my pre-order is still active!
I wasn't sure if that means the orders are still active I guess that means we don't have to pre-order them?

Old 09-11-2020, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They've taken it down. bummer. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How does she make money off this Limited Edition stuff?
Old 10-20-2020, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not impressed with her vocal on Crying in the Night, the 2nd single.

https://youtu.be/17KRMOAy5oo
Old 10-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I am not impressed with her vocal on Crying in the Night, the 2nd single.

https://youtu.be/17KRMOAy5oo
But at least this song was wrote at a time when she had the sense to keep her songs at a reasonable length!
Old 10-20-2020, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The guitar solo overdub at the end of Gypsy is pretty cringey.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-20-2020 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 07:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Movie spoilers warning ⚠️

I just got home from seeing the movie. I was very impressed. Gypsy and CINT were not highlights, so don’t be too quick to judge the whole production on those. No Chrissie Hynde, which kinda would have been weird strutting out in the middle of the concert and disappearing again. Waddy was fine on those vocals.
Moonlight was and is a masterpiece here, her vocals are amazing and how I remember them from the concerts I saw in Sydney, it was almost like she saved her voice until that song.
I could write so much more telling you all how impressed I am with the movie. Haters gonna hate, the rest, you will see for yourselves. The stories were not rambling at all and made me laugh more than I did hearing them live.
Finally, Mabel Normand played over the credits, a perfect ending. My highlights were Moonlight, Belle Fleur and Wild Heart/Bella Donna. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also just back from seeing this at the cinema. Absolutely loved it. The quality and production is much better than you’d anticipate from the previews, and any dubbing/lip syncing/post production shenanigans are absolutely not obvious, to the point that I actually don’t think they exist in any great magnitude. Stevie sounds very good.

Moonlight was absolutely my highlight too (and not just because it was written here in Brisbane!). It is stunning. I also loved Wild Heart/Bella Donna, and it reminded me of how much I loved it live in 2017 too.

If you hate Stevie, just don’t watch it. Honestly. You’ll only aggravate yourself and there are far more serious things to be aggravated about in 2020.

If you retain any love for Stevie and her music, I highly recommend it. And if it’s safe where you are, absolutely try to see it at the cinema. My mum and I both remarked how much it made us realise how we’d been craving live music, and this is the closest thing we’ll get for a while yet.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
I just got home from seeing the movie. I was very impressed. Gypsy and CINT were not highlights, so don’t be too quick to judge the whole production on those. No Chrissie Hynde, which kinda would have been weird strutting out in the middle of the concert and disappearing again. Waddy was fine on those vocals.
Moonlight was and is a masterpiece here, her vocals are amazing and how I remember them from the concerts I saw in Sydney, it was almost like she saved her voice until that song.
I could write so much more telling you all how impressed I am with the movie. Haters gonna hate, the rest, you will see for yourselves. The stories were not rambling at all and made me laugh more than I did hearing them live.
Finally, Mabel Normand played over the credits, a perfect ending. My highlights were Moonlight, Belle Fleur and Wild Heart/Bella Donna. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
1.overdubs. I'm sure there are TONS, as there always are in her/FM's filmed/recorded shows. Blatantly obvious on Gypsy and Crying in the Night vids. (Her vocals, Waddy's vocals, Waddy's guitar, etc).

2. careful editing. She knew she was being filmed, and she spent days and days with them editing it just how she wanted it.

I'm glad people are enjoying it (I know, I know, anyone who isn't up her skirt is a "hater" ) but to think it isn't thoroughly tweaked is to ignore everything about her and her history. This is a woman who demands recordings of radio interviews that she sends back edited how she wants. Same with print interviews. So, yeah.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When Stevie name dropped Princes name right before Moonlight, it almost ruined the song for me. I really am tired of her snobbery. She’s a fake snob. Harry Styles give me a break.