User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What made the bass player bust his ass??? Is he always a klutz?
No. He wears boots, and the floor was especially slippery. He went to do one of his rock poses, and his feet fell out from under him. What's funny is that Letterman said "now don't go suing us," and Greg's a lawyer. They offered to edit around that, but everybody wanted to keep it in. GbV is a very "warts and all" type band. They're antithesis of Fleetwood Mac in that regard. We kept laughing at it on the ride back.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. He wears boots, and the floor was especially slippery. He went to do one of his rock poses, and his feet fell out from under him. What's funny is that Letterman said "now don't go suing us," and Greg's a lawyer. They offered to edit around that, but everybody wanted to keep it in. GbV is a very "warts and all" type band. They're antithesis of Fleetwood Mac in that regard. We kept laughing at it on the ride back.
My soundman buddy emailed me a Youtube link, and said, "you've gotta see this Guided By Beer(his name for them, since being drunk is their shtick) clip...The bass player falls and busts his ass!"
Old 01-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb what kind of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
We were given our exam titles in art today, it's a page of headings to choose from and at the moment I'm leaning towards 'Star' I just think there is so much I could do with that. And d'ya know what? If I did that I could carry on painting/drawing Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. My art tutor likes them as well and I don't see any reason to stop doing it if I'm enjoying it?
But there's something holding me back from choosing that and I don't know what it is?
First I have to say, if you're an art major...going to school...and your passion is your art...

The secret to amazing succes for an artist, actor...is to totally get knocked out by your stuff...why did you use red? I love the red...that painting takes my breath away!

What do you mean, you wont part with it?
I am giving you 9 million in cash....and one of Liz Taylors diamonds...?

Psssst.......take the money...you need a haircut...and also to write me a check for.....
Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up God Bless You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Today, January 6, 2012 I am drug and alcohol free for 3 years!!!Yay! (Pat myself on the back.) I'll accept a weekend with baboles as my reward.
Hi...I just have to let you know that its a triumph for me too...when I see how funny, wonderful...and kind souled you are...it reinforces my mission and my guys mission...out of the blue we were drinking scotch, Dewars. My oldest poison. We had just started getting closer...and we didn't like each others buzz, drunk, party stuff...now I wanted coke. I can't believe delivery...to sum it up...we bear the sh t....out of each other. Next day we had 2 appointments. My shrink. Then a rapid hiv test. He had big red and purple lips...I hated it...the right side of my face, ear and head was so bruised it was black...I put on his sisters rouge but it just made my face another obnoxious color.
I went from posh rehab to a psych ward...then to the #1 place for almost 6 months...I learned a lot about people, empathy...and I also learned I have no patience for a big mouthed blow hard begging for methadone. I was in a place for a spin dry 9 years ago. Tom and I did the impossible...we got sober together and stayed sober together...and if I am not on. A set or location for my Peas...I freelance...and Tom is a computer baby....mostly working at home.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Viv

Just wanted to say congratulations on another year to watch for the over looked blessings and miracles...xo
Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
Hi...I just have to let you know that its a triumph for me too...when I see how funny, wonderful...and kind souled you are...it reinforces my mission and my guys mission...out of the blue we were drinking scotch, Dewars. My oldest poison. We had just started getting closer...and we didn't like each others buzz, drunk, party stuff...now I wanted coke. I can't believe delivery...to sum it up...we bear the sh t....out of each other. Next day we had 2 appointments. My shrink. Then a rapid hiv test. He had big red and purple lips...I hated it...the right side of my face, ear and head was so bruised it was black...I put on his sisters rouge but it just made my face another obnoxious color.
I went from posh rehab to a psych ward...then to the #1 place for almost 6 months...I learned a lot about people, empathy...and I also learned I have no patience for a big mouthed blow hard begging for methadone. I was in a place for a spin dry 9 years ago. Tom and I did the impossible...we got sober together and stayed sober together...and if I am not on. A set or location for my Peas...I freelance...and Tom is a computer baby....mostly working at home.
Scary story, but very inspiring!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How frightening for such an old flick

Last edited by vivfox; 01-07-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"May appear normal." HAHA

My friend & I got a good laugh out of this....
Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Bob?

Quote:
Well, yeah...Bob might be a homosexual with the sickness of the mind...but, I think Jimmy the passenger is sicker than Bob...he was getting into trouble with a guy that looks like a cross between Rupert Hine and and Mick Fleetwood.. love is blind...and. a stiff di*k has no conscious they say...

I wish that Ben Cohen had a sickness of the mind...my real name is Jimmy and when I was in my 20s and single...I wish Ben would pick me up and let me drive him. Somewhere.
...what's bigger than a smile...Ben, child...
if you don't believe me just image google him.

Seriously, he is one of the first celebrities...or one of the first anybodies (if not the 1st) to address gay teen suicides here in the US! And he's from the UK! He's is hopelessly straight (haha) is married with twin daughters...and he is man enough to be a man and support gay folks with such heartiness and love for all mankind. He made the first webcam video addressing gay kids to seek help and not stop until someone listens and helps. Until this very day it has become his mission and passion for everybody to be equal...and he speaks out aggressively against haters...and his message is...EVERYBODY deserves to love and be loved. Everybody. He is up there with, my Nana Mac, Mum, Tommy, Mother Teresa and my Aunt Joan...and ofcourse Stevie...that are heroes in my eyes and soul...for their often unsung and unreported selfless acts of love and compassion and kindness. Also, many of you guys here on the Ledge...for you guys that unconditionally sent your love and support during my periods of strife and tears...you are the ones that carry me back to my advocacy work...and the ripple effect of love for making goes on and on...

Xo
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-2.jpeg (4.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by SaidSomething; 01-08-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today is a new day...that's what I keep telling myself. Well, it's a sh*tty new day!

I'm fairly certain, that I finally pulled the plug on my 2.5 year rollercoaster relationship, last night. I'm so sad, but things had really reached an impasse. Last weekend, I was deceived, used, then suspended from service on Monday(it's quite ironic, actually - Sunday night, we had one of the most intimate, hot nights we've ever had, then Monday, I was told that I was being replaced). FML.

But at least I stood up for myself last night, and said everything that needed to be said. And even though we've broken up quite a few times before, this one feels final, because there was never someone else entering the picture.

But I've only had two real loves, in my entire life, and it hurts so much, to see the second one end. I'm not searching for pity, just venting...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I pressed play expecting to have a right old laugh at this.

But I didn't find it funny. Beliefs like this, no matter how old they are make me loathe myself more than I do on a daily basis. Such is life.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From 1981 til around 2006 I was a total nightbird. I could stay up later than anyone and really looked forward to my quiet time in the middle of the night. Nowadays I really enjoy going to bed early and trying to get a good night's sleep. I'm tired now.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Viv, how did you break your habit of staying awake till the early hours?? ever since I rediscovered Stevie/FMac, watching YouTube all night long which started back in 08, every night since i stay awake between 2am & 4am. As much as i love the stillness of the night, i love being a night owl but i really want to break this habit, and get to bed early..Did you change your sleep pattern gradually or what??
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Viv, how did you break your habit of staying awake till the early hours?? ever since I rediscovered Stevie/FMac, watching YouTube all night long which started back in 08, every night since i stay awake between 2am & 4am. As much as i love the stillness of the night, i love being a night owl but i really want to break this habit, and get to bed early..Did you change your sleep pattern gradually or what??
It's hard to pinpoint what was the catalyst for going to bed earlier. For about a year and a half now I have become a workaholic which requires me to wake up between 5-7AM. In doing this, my body I think becomes naturally tired around 7PM which enables me to go to bed earlier. There are still some nights though that my younger body clock kicks in and I'm up til 3 or 4AM. I rarely get a full nighs sleep. I usually wake up after 3 hours, go right back to sleep and then wake up every 1 or 2 hours until I finally get out of bed completely.Thanks to all my years of abusing cigarrette's and marijuana I developed a sleeping disorder called Sleep Apnea. Even though I have been cig free for almost 10 years and pot free for 3, I still suffer the conditions those obnoxious habits brought on.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

that I've been really bored lately lol

~Love, Caitlin~