User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRox2
4) I think she still loves Lindsey but isn't in love with him, I think that ended when he screwed up during The Dance

Just curious...what did he screw up on The Dance?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
HMMM..

#7 My favorite era is anything Pre Rock A Little.

#12 If I hear her say "we had NO IDEA drugs were dangerous back then"...one more time..I AM GOING TO SCREAM!!! LOL!!!

#13 The Reeboks are just silly and need to go!

#16 Is afraid to do another solo project as her sales have dropped with every release. She equates that as failure.

I think these are popularly held opinions
Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Ok this is long but worth reading-I think

Ok, some of my unpopular Stevie "things" Please remember that I am older than most of you and I remember when she truely started out, with that in mind...
- I don't buy the "I was a sweet girl and had never drank before FM", -I do buy that Christine taught her how to drink- English style- snifters of brandy and some lovely wines...
-Oh yeah...the coke deal...C'mon, even if everyone was doing it-somewhere in your mind you HAD to know it would come to no good end-
Same as cigarette's-same as the "life in the fast lane, sex and parties", same as the kloponin, same as the clothes and furniture that you shop for compulsively.....etc. etc.
-Stevie, my sweet you have an addictive personality-and you do EVERYTHING in your life to an extreme.. (I know, cuz I do too)
-Another unpopular opinion that I have is not that she didn't have children because of her love of music and her "art and craft" (the whole, I wouldn't have given myself totally to a child or children...please )
I think it is more along the lines of when she was in her 30's going through so much drama, and turmoil, ( I give the woman credit-she did have some very difficult times emotionally to struggle through), she realized during those phases of her life---that , you know what ?
I am really all about me, (The Stevie Nicks/Rock and Roll Priestess ,the charachter she plays) and I want to be remembered for that. (I am not saying this in a nasty or disparaging way-I just think this is how she felt) I do not want to be remembered for being Stephanie Buckingham or Fleetwood, Anderson, or Iovine, or Walsh or...whatever, __________fill in the blank.

I don't have the time/patience/desire to have children-simple as that, but I feel she needs to make it seem more of a selflless act as opposed to a selfish one. She makes it sound like it has been such a sacrifice..that bugs me.

-There are some songs that make me think"-What the hell was she thinking when she made this?" and others that I can listen to all day long.
Lastly, let me say that besides watching the Dance version of Silver Springs,where the emotions are just flying right out of her eyes and body movement- The love and anger are so apparent, I am always in awe of that performance.
- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
-I love that she sings "When I see you again" and Lindsey's response at the end of the song is "If I see you again" Plus his acoustic guitar at the end is also hauntingly faint...
( I also read somewhere that she tricked him into the vocals on that song, not realizing he was the only one singing back to her, but when it was finished the band agreed that is how it should stay-
Just the two of them---- Again and again,over and over...

Enough of my rambling-I hope someone here sees the same Stevie Nicks that I think, she wants us all to see

Always the curious/opinionated~~
~~eclipse

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
My other unpopular opinion is that Stevie isn't intelligent
Based on whose standards?

Oh, and to the poster who said that they think Stevie has a learning disorder: Stevie didn't have enough of one not to get into college and tough it out a few semesters, so I'd say if she does in fact have a learning disorder it is negligible. And not being able to read music after all this time isn't really a good example, I mean, how do we know that she doesn't at least have an elementary knowledge anyway? She hasn't ever really gone into detail. I think maybe when she says she doesn't know how to read music it's twofold: 1.) she's no expert so she generalizes and 2.) she does this as a way of boosting herself up a bit, like, look, I wrote all these wonderful songs and I don't even know how to read music, aren't I awesome?" And yes, I'd say she is.

Even if she DOESN'T know how to read ANY music, that still doesn't mean she has a learning disorder. Learning music, like learning any code, language, or notation system takes time, interest and much hours of study. Maybe Stevie just didn't have a burning desire to master reading music, or didn't have the need . She's done alright thus far without it.

Last edited by cliffdweller; 03-03-2006 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love When I See You Again.

I love Jane.

I love all of Stevie's BTM songs.

I love Street Angel.

I love the Street Angel cover artwork.

The Frankenboks don't really bother me either.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLamp
It's my favourite album to play when I'm in a bad mood too.
were we separated at birth?
i'm originally from Perth lol

Quote:
Funnily enough I don't mind Unconditional Love (though the demo's better) but I hate Rose Garden. Something about it just irks me. And I dislike HAEWAFY on RAL. Stand alone song, it's ok...but it just ruins the flow of the album for me. Hooray! Another person who loves Mirror Mirror! I thought I was the only one!
ooooh AMEN!! i barely BARELY like it live. i will not listen to it on the CD tho. can it even BEGIN to compete with Sister Honey The main reason I love RAL so much is coz No Spoken Word is on it hehehe save the best for NEARLY last

Quote:
That's another thing that annoys me about Stevie. She seems to judge her stuff based on sales. I honestly don't think Stevie could've released anything in 94 that would've sold millions. The times were just changing musically. Oh, and I can die too once she sings Street Angel, so long as it's in the same set as Rock A Little (Go Ahead Lily)
that is SO funny
i signed my letter ROCK A LITTLE
for my graduation i decided to get SA tattooed on my wrist
i was going to have one word on each wrist
but then i thought about it and decided one wrist would be RAL & one would say SA........how weird is that

u rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
So you like Street Angel or not???
er.......
i may be a little um
passionate

Quote:
4) I think she still loves Lindsey but isn't in love with him, I think that ended when he screwed up during The Dance
yes. see i have this theory too.
but i still reckon things went down on SYW
i assume *those* talks were resolving much of The Dance ****
but i think the way that happened, pretty much cemented they will NEVER publicly be together ever again. but that doesn't mean they don't have sleep overs while on the road

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 03-03-2006 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86
were we separated at birth?
i'm originally from Perth lol

Ok now I'm worried...I was thinking we must be twins or something after reading some of your comments

Quote:
ooooh AMEN!! i barely BARELY like it live. i will not listen to it on the CD tho. can it even BEGIN to compete with Sister Honey The man reason I love RAL so much is coz No Spoken Word is on it hehehe save the best for NEARLY last
Yup, separated at birth all right! No Spoken Word is awesome. And Sister Honey? Where do I even begin!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She didn't practice effective birth control methods on purpose.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
-I love that she sings "When I see you again" and Lindsey's response at the end of the song is "If I see you again" Plus his acoustic guitar at the end is also hauntingly faint...
( I also read somewhere that she tricked him into the vocals on that song, not realizing he was the only one singing back to her, but when it was finished the band agreed that is how it should stay-
Just the two of them---- Again and again,over and over...

YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND
finally someone who sees what i see.
do you know what really makes me sad about this song....i mean aside from just thinking about it and what was going on with her that she wrote it

but that it meant so much for her to have Lindsey sing on it
because it was her song to him.
i'll say Lindsey was a prick
but i don't think Stevie was exactly faultless either.
she went to change her life..how was that going to affect him.
i really don't think she knew for a loooooooong time he was pulling out of the tour and leaving either or it was up in the air for so long that this is about that too.

Quote:

you're going to get 101 different answers to this
but i would say that would be Lindsey asking Stevie to marry him
Her turning him down and sending him back to the mother of his son!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan
She didn't practice effective birth control methods on purpose.

clearly.
or else i wouldn't be here

Old 03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're going to get 101 different answers to this
but i would say that would be Lindsey asking Stevie to marry him
Her turning him down and sending him back to the mother of his son!
I've never heard this one before!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=yes. see i have this theory too.
but i still reckon things went down on SYW
i assume *those* talks were resolving much of The Dance ****
but i think the way that happened, pretty much cemented they will NEVER publicly be together ever again. but that doesn't mean they don't have sleep overs while on the road [/QUOTE]

My thoughts EXACTLY!! The pic of her and Linds sitting on the floor talking says it all! I also think there's something to why she quit singing Silver Springs on SYW, I believe the last time was at the Atlanta show, right after baby #3 was born - Stella. Some say it's because it became vocally difficult for her - yeah, right.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Her hoarseness and pleading is what makes the song perfect I think. It makes the song more 'real'. It sounds like she's dying inside as she sings it. Why would you (in the general sense) want her to be singing in a 'pretty' voice?

I think your dissection of this song is spot on
Old 03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Some think that Stevie & Linds were getting together during The Dance and then wella - Kristin comes up preggers - and I think that Stevie sent him packing, what a jerk - sleeping with another woman at the same time as her and then she becomes preggers - so much for them getting back together! I think that pissed her off tremendously.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Boots
This message has been deleted by Boots. Reason: Question answered already
Old 03-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some think that Stevie & Linds were getting together during The Dance and then wella - Kristin comes up preggers - and I think that Stevie sent him packing, what a jerk - sleeping with another woman at the same time as her and then she becomes preggers - so much for them getting back together! I think that pissed her off tremendously.
If that's true then wow...