View Poll Results: Bekka & Billy OR Buckingham/Nicks
Bekka & Billy 5 12.20%
Buckingham/Nicks 36 87.80%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I had to stop since I had to go to work. I will continue listening to it though.
you should really listen to "Better Days" when you can. it's a GREAT song.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Shakin' the Cage" is almost unlistenable.
No kidding.... LOVE Bekka's work but the rest of it is just not my style.
If they wanted to make a Billy Thorpe album, then why drag Bekka and Mick thru it?
You would think after all these years that Mick would know what it takes to make a listenable album... or at least what one sounds like.

And as far as "Better Days".... EXCELLENT SONG with amazing testimonies behind it.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please do, and I hope you like what you hear.

With any luck, maybe a pic of Billy and Bekka will make its way into your siggy. They were a couple once, too, you know.
Oh really? That is pretty interesting. I never knew this. I have been ignorant in thinking Chris/John and Stevie/Lindsey were the only couples of FM. Well, I was planning on getting rid of the couples pics soon but I wouldn't mind putting Bekka and Billy up for now. They deserve respect too as being a FM couple. I started reading their bios on fmlegacy and it said they once met as children back in the 70's just to end up being in a band years later.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vicky, I want to take you up on that offer for the link of Bekka and Billy. I was able to find some of their songs full length but the rest of them are 30 second clips.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Vicky, I want to take you up on that offer for the link of Bekka and Billy. I was able to find some of their songs full length but the rest of them are 30 second clips.
No prob. Right now I've only got "Through the Walls" and "Heart to Call Home" posted, but I'm probably going to add "Better Days" as well. I also need to redo a couple of files for Bekka's solo album, so I'll try to get those made and posted in a day or so. For now, check your PMs.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No prob. Right now I've only got "Through the Walls" and "Heart to Call Home" posted, but I'm probably going to add "Better Days" as well. I also need to redo a couple of files for Bekka's solo album, so I'll try to get those made and posted in a day or so. For now, check your PMs.
Thank you for the link. I will check it out when I get home.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It really isn't easy finding a decent pic of Bekka and Billy together. They're either really tiny or not clear enough.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vicky,

After this I'll stop bugging you but thank you for sending me the MP3's and the info on Bekka and Billy. I have a newfound respect for them, esp Bekka. Not to slam Billy, but Bekka stands out more to me. Wow that woman can sing. I love Stevie and Chris, but Bekka sings just as good as they do IMO. Her voice is so rich and soulful. Yet she doesn't get a lot of respect for being a female vocalist in FM. On one hand I can understand the casual listeners that mostly know the Rumours line-up and not much else, but some people just hear the "Time" line-up and dog the CD (without listening) because Lindsey and Stevie weren't in the group. In the end, I do think it was best they left the band. I personally think they were better on their own. I am glad they eventually realized that.

I listened to the songs and I really enjoyed them. I have always liked Faith Hill (and still do) but Bekka vocals blew her out of the water on "One" and "What's In It For Me." I just prefer the production on Faith versions a little more but overall her vocals fit the songs better than Faith's. On "Bekka and Billy" I liked "Better Days," "Heart to Call Home," and "Patient Heart." I am not a huge country fan, but they sing the type of country I normally would listen to.

Even after listening to B&B tracks I am still not sure my vote is valid. I have had an entire year to develop my admiration for "Buckingham Nicks." I didn't start off loving every single song like I do now. So it would be easy for me to still vote for them even though I also like B&B. Alrighty, I am done my ranting. Anyway, whenever you get the chance send some more MP3's my way.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After this I'll stop bugging you but thank you for sending me the MP3's and the info on Bekka and Billy. I have a newfound respect for them, esp Bekka.
Don't worry, you're not bugging me. I LOVE talking about my favorite artists and Billy and Bekka and pretty high on my list. I'm also thrilled whenever I can turn someone on to their music.

Quote:
Not to slam Billy, but Bekka stands out more to me. Wow that woman can sing. I love Stevie and Chris, but Bekka sings just as good as they do IMO. Her voice is so rich and soulful. Yet she doesn't get a lot of respect for being a female vocalist in FM.
I've always preferred male singing voices, so that's part of the reason why I like Billy more than Bekka. He's also a very gifted songwriter which is a big plus in my book. But Bekka is incredible. Another album I suggest looking into - if you like the blues at all - is Jonny Lang's Wander This World. Bekka did backing vocals on several tracks (she also did them for the title track of Lang's debut album Lie to Me) and she sounds amazing.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought it was a CRIME that the Time band didn't get more of a chance, as Bekka, IMO, is an extremely talented singer(blows you know who, outta the water!).
Vicky- are these mp3s from the Bekka and Billy album? If so, could I BEG you for them?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't worry, you're not bugging me. I LOVE talking about my favorite artists and Billy and Bekka and pretty high on my list. I'm also thrilled whenever I can turn someone on to their music.

I've always preferred male singing voices, so that's part of the reason why I like Billy more than Bekka. He's also a very gifted songwriter which is a big plus in my book. But Bekka is incredible. Another album I suggest looking into - if you like the blues at all - is Jonny Lang's Wander This World. Bekka did backing vocals on several tracks (she also did them for the title track of Lang's debut album Lie to Me) and she sounds amazing.
For me I seem to like Female vocalist more. Most of my favorite artist are women even though I like a lot of male vocalist as well. But I will check that out also. Thanks again.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've always thought it was a CRIME that the Time band didn't get more of a chance, as Bekka, IMO, is an extremely talented singer(blows you know who, outta the water!).
Vicky- are these mp3s from the Bekka and Billy album? If so, could I BEG you for them?
As much as I love Stevie, I think Bekka's vocals are alot stronger than Stevie's now because her voice has changed so much over the years. However, I still love Stevie's voice and she was incredible back in the day. Both are great to me so it really comes down to style. In terms of that I prefer Stevie.

Last edited by Dreamz19; 11-01-2006 at 02:14 PM..
Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've always thought it was a CRIME that the Time band didn't get more of a chance, as Bekka, IMO, is an extremely talented singer
One of the fun things about this period is that it lends itself to the “what ifs” and armchair quarterbacking. As such, I think “Time” just needed a few tweaks to be a more solid album. Here’s my track listing.

Only You Know And I Know
Winds Of Change
Hollywood
The Bigger The Love
I Do
Nothing Without You
These Strange Times
Nights In Estoril
I Got It In For You
Blow By Blow (1994 version)
Talkin’ To My Heart
All Over Again
Dreamin’ The Dream

Now, since Lindsey was back in the picture, what if they let Dave go and brought Lindsey back? Christine might have been convinced to do one more. Here’s the album that could have been released. (Note: these are tracks I assume would have been around in 1997.)

Patient Heart
My Little Demon
Easy Come, Easy Go
Victim Of Love
Through The Walls
Bleed To Love Her
Sooner Or Later
True Blue Love
Better Days
Temporary One
Steal Your Heart Away
Game Of Love

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No need to beg, just check your PMs.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Miss V... such a champion of spreading the Bekka love!

Dreamz19... love your pics! I used to use that very Christine pic before now using that very Bekka pic.

Hope everyone enjoys the B&B stuff.... cuz I do love me some Bekka & Billy!

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah