User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But since she hasn't heard the songs they recorded for the new album, I doubt that Lindsey and Christine are interested in discussing 24K with her.
But why hasn't she heard them? This is her band. This is a band she's been associated with for nearly 40 years. She may have been busy at the time when she was in Nashville but surely as soon as she is remotely able to get a chance she'd be desperate to hear what her band-mates have come up with. Wouldn't a human's natural sense of curiosity dictate that?

She's had plenty of time now so if she still hasn't said 'right, lets hear what you've got' then it fuels the suggestion she just isn't interested in doing an album. For her to listen to what they've done sucks her in an makes it more difficult for her to distance herself.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think their music tastes are so divergent that they don't share a lot. But if they appreciated each other's sound more they would.

I mean, Stevie and Lindsey have talked about each other's last solo albums (before 24K) but I think they did it out of courtesy to the other, not out of passion for the music. Musically, I think they might have more interest in discussing third parties, like Bob Dylan. I mean, Lindsey talked about listening to a Dylan album with Kristen and crying and assuming that Stevie had her own view of that album, I'm sure that she and Lindsey could have a concrete discussion about that, but not so much about either of their own music.

Christine probably doesn't even like Lindsey's music on Tusk, so she's sure not wanting to talk to him about Go Insane. And I think Meantime would give him ideas for new work with Christine, but I don't think he'd like the album on its own terms. But I bet he and Christine can have a hearty conversation about Elvis or the Beach Boys' work.

Mick, you know, he WILL talk to each of them about their solo work and they feel that he understands and appreciates it and that's part of the reason I think they love him.

Michele
This sounds like a pretty accurate description of everyone, but I feel like they would get along tremendously better if they were more open about each other's musical endeavors. On the other hand, I think Stevie and Lindsey are so headstrong, that discussing each other's albums could be a point of contention. Honestly though, it would help stimulate the creative process and help them plan out another album with input from several different sources instead of just Lindsey's. I think a diverse range of inspiration from each individual member could be beneficial.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
But why hasn't she heard them? This is her band. This is a band she's been associated with for nearly 40 years. She may have been busy at the time when she was in Nashville but surely as soon as she is remotely able to get a chance she'd be desperate to hear what her band-mates have come up with. Wouldn't a human's natural sense of curiosity dictate that?

She's had plenty of time now so if she still hasn't said 'right, lets hear what you've got' then it fuels the suggestion she just isn't interested in doing an album. For her to listen to what they've done sucks her in an makes it more difficult for her to distance herself.
I've chosen this quote but it could be any of the last ten or so......I think being a member of Fleetwood Mac these days, especially for S and L is a bit like going to the office.
You do your 8 hours or whatever have a chat now and then....but you don't really know OR CARE TO, what goes on in anybody else's world..(musically or otherwise)
Old 11-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keep in mind they're co-workers. I mean, co-workers at religious-based charities don't usually sit around talking about what they did at church on Sunday during their off time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Keep in mind they're co-workers. I mean, co-workers at religious-based charities don't usually sit around talking about what they did at church on Sunday during their off time.
I'd have no idea about that.
Don't they? not even a bit? Really?
Old 11-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I get what you say about sharing other music. As far as each others' music I do think its a bit different with 24K Gold. Many of those songs could have been Fleetwood Mac songs so they'd probably recall a few. I just think it would be natural conversation to bring them up 'oh I remember we worked a bit on such and such song- I like what you did with the arrangement on it' etc (and I can only imagine them rushing to hear what the album sounded like out of curiosity). If they don't talk much about Stevie's album then it must make for a tense atmosphere-
yes, it is very different with SN's latest solo album.

why would Lindsey and Christine be in the least bit interested in the solo album that someone who is still in their band didn't even tell them she was making while they were in the studio working on the Fleetwood Mac material they wanted (and still want, i have to assume) her to be a part of?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd have no idea about that.
My experience is no. They either talk about office issues, clients, or their home lives.

Quote:
Don't they? not even a bit? Really?
Hence the word "usually.".

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, it is very different with SN's latest solo album.

why would Lindsey and Christine be in the least bit interested in the solo album that someone who is still in their band didn't even tell them she was making while they were in the studio working on the Fleetwood Mac material they wanted (and still want, i have to assume) her to be a part of?
They knew what Stevie was doing... Remember Mick told all at the book signing not to mention that CM was in Nashville at the same time as Stevie...So FM knew exactly what Stevie was doing.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
They knew what Stevie was doing... Remember Mick told all at the book signing not to mention that CM was in Nashville at the same time as Stevie...So FM knew exactly what Stevie was doing.
no they didn't.

we don't know that Christine was in Nashville; seems that one tweet claiming they saw her on the plane to Nashville may have been misinfo.

remember, Mick was talking about it after it was all over the social media (and not by some random person on twitter but by DS) that SN was in Nashville... not before she went.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no they didn't.

we don't know that Christine was in Nashville; seems that one tweet claiming they saw her on the plane to Nashville may have been misinfo.

remember, Mick was talking about it after it was all over the social media (and not by some random person on twitter but by DS) that SN was in Nashville... not before she went.
Right, we don't know what they knew in advance, if anything.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think their music tastes are so divergent that they don't share a lot. But if they appreciated each other's sound more they would.

I mean, Stevie and Lindsey have talked about each other's last solo albums (before 24K) but I think they did it out of courtesy to the other, not out of passion for the music. Musically, I think they might have more interest in discussing third parties, like Bob Dylan. I mean, Lindsey talked about listening to a Dylan album with Kristen and crying and assuming that Stevie had her own view of that album, I'm sure that she and Lindsey could have a concrete discussion about that, but not so much about either of their own music.

Michele
I think their music tastes are less divergent than they sometimes say, actually, though the difference is there, lol.

I'm still wondering how Lindsey liked Stevie's version of 'Crash', considering he seems to like Dave Matthews and saw him live last year. And I'm still VERY amused that the official Stevie Nicks account follows a singer from The Dirty Projectors, when they're one of Lindsey's favoured modern bands.

As for their solo albums, Stevie usually frames her comments about Lindsey listening to hers with a 'he likes it' or 'he'll like it' 'because the songs are about him!'. I think she also still sometimes seeks validation and approval for him.

"Lindsey heard Trouble in Shangri-la, and he said, ‘I think it’s the best thing you’ve ever done,’” says Nicks. “That’s about the nicest thing he’s ever said to me. You know, he’s never really acknowledged my solo career. I think maybe he respects me a little more now - maybe he’s finally proud of me."

Really, though, there are two moments in particular I seriously wish I'd been around to see...
Jim: “How are your buddies in Fleetwod Mac doing?”

Stevie: “They’re good. Lindsey’s finished a record that is, I think, amazing. I think it’s the best thing that he’s ever done. And it’s so interesting because last November when he came up to work on ‘Soldier’s Angel ‘- which is the last thing that we really did - we played him my record, and he played the Dave and Stevie world and Glen Ballard his record. So we listened to both records in a row. At the end, Lindsey was sitting on one side of me, I was in the middle and Glen was here, and Dave was walking around with his guitar around his neck. And Glen just jumped up and said, “Oh my god, you guys are on fire! You have both made an amazing record in the same year!” Of course, I’m going like “Please god, let me love this record.” Because I’m sitting here next to Lindsey, he knows me so well.. if I don’t love this record, I’m gonna go like “Well, I…” you know? And I swear to god I think that Lindsey like swallowed some melody pills and some lyrical pills, because all of a sudden along with his amazing bombastic guitar that he plays are these really beautiful words and beautiful melodies. I’m so very proud of him. So the Fleetwood Mac gang is fine. John’s in Honolulu, Micks’ in Maui . Lindsey here, getting ready to release this record and working on it. So you know, it’s good."
And:
"These [Planets of the Universe] are some of the meanest lyrics I have ever written. I started trying to record this song in the early seventies, but we just couldn’t seem to capture it as a Fleetwood Mac song. Something was always missing. Many years passed, and though I didn’t hold out much hope, I tried to record the song once again for Trouble In Shangri-La, which was produced by Sheryl Crow and John Shanks. I will be eternally grateful to John, who helped find the missing piece that added the magic the song needed. Ironically, at the first playback for Trouble In Shangri-La, Lindsey went up to John and said, ‘Wow, I’m blown away. You actually captured this song that Stevie’s been singing for as long as I can remember.’"
She's always liked his melodies, though.
"[Lindsey will] have all these beautiful songs that are instrumentals for months. They have gorgeous melodies, layer upon layer of guitars. I exercise to his tapes, practice ballet to them." [1981]

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
She's always liked his melodies, though.
"[Lindsey will] have all these beautiful songs that are instrumentals for months. They have gorgeous melodies, layer upon layer of guitars. I exercise to his tapes, practice ballet to them." [1981]
and yet, she does not want to work with him now.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard on the radio that Band Aid is back recording a new version of 'Do they know it's Christmas' for the Ebola crisis.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-9862938.html

It would be a nice thing if FM could to join this historic event. It would be great to hear the Mac in the mix of others.

Was Linds involve with the last recording of Band Aid or it was USA for Africa.My memory went blank.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I just heard on the radio that Band Aid is back recording a new version of 'Do they know it's Christmas' for the Ebola crisis.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-9862938.html

It would be a nice thing if FM could to join this historic event. It would be great to hear the Mac in the mix of others.

Was Linds involve with the last recording of Band Aid or it was USA for Africa.My memory went blank.
he was on the US version, not Band Aid.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he was on the US version, not Band Aid.
Thanks Elle .I wasn't sure which one.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016