Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Remember Me live-Chris & Bob Welch

This is from the Bob Welch Live at the Roxy video from back in 1981. Chris does "Remember Me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkJOQFwuDU

Here's "Hypnotized" from the same show, by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A95yUvIR-k

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-31-2007 at 04:51 PM..
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cheers Macfan.

It was "definately worth the effort"

Gail
Old 04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How much fun! Thanks Mary Anne...Interestingly, they did the tune without Bob Weston's slide parts. Although I've always liked his guitar in that tune, I was and am fond of tuning out that speaker just to hear the rhythm parts. The song sounds really good, too, in an 80s context.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a great pair of clips. I think this is the first time I've ever seen Bob and Christine perform together. I think the two of them were magic together during their five albums together in FM. Is there any more footage of them performing together anywhere? Is there ANY footage of FM during the Welch years at all .... and if yes how do I get it? LOL
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

what year was this?

They seemed to be friendly enough to appear on the same stage together and yet reasonably recently he has been less than complimentary about her.

Gail
Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
what year was this?

They seemed to be friendly enough to appear on the same stage together and yet reasonably recently he has been less than complimentary about her.

Gail
This was in late 1981. This was long, long, long before that lawsuit, which happened around the mid 1990's.

I have interviews that she did back in the 1980's in which she was extremely warm & kind towards Bob. She described him as a wonderful guy & that they were still great friends. She contributed to two of his solo albums. When Bob did his second Q & A here, I asked him when he had last talked to her. He said it was early in the 1990's when Mick was getting the Chain Box Set together. Obviously, that lawsuit changed everything. In that first Q & A here, he was EXTREMELY nasty towards Chris. Hopefully, she's never read that Q & A. By the second Q & A(after Bob & Mick reconciled), he actually said he'd like to record with her again.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
What a great pair of clips. I think this is the first time I've ever seen Bob and Christine perform together. I think the two of them were magic together during their five albums together in FM. Is there any more footage of them performing together anywhere? Is there ANY footage of FM during the Welch years at all .... and if yes how do I get it? LOL
YouTube used to have the 1973 Midnight Special performances of "Miles Away" & "Believe Me". I just checked & I can't find them anymore. I have these 2 clips on my computer, but they're not playable on Windows Media Player. I also have them on DVD, but I don't have a DVD burner, so I can't post them. Maybe someone else has these 2 clips & could post them?

Also, there is footage from the Don Kirshner rock show from back in 1974. I only have that on videotape. I don't know if anyone has ever transferred it from tape to DVD or a digital format.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YouTube used to have the 1973 Midnight Special performances of "Miles Away" & "Believe Me". I just checked & I can't find them anymore. I have these 2 clips on my computer, but they're not playable on Windows Media Player. They are FLV files. I also have them on DVD, but I don't have a DVD burner, so I can't post them. Maybe someone else has these 2 clips & could post them?

Also, there is footage from the Don Kirshner rock show from back in 1974. I only have that on videotape. I don't know if anyone has ever transferred it from tape to DVD or a digital format.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
When Bob did his second Q & A here, I asked him when he had last talked to her. He said it was early in the 1990's when Mick was getting the Chain Box Set together. Obviously, that lawsuit changed everything. In that first Q & A here, he was EXTREMELY nasty towards Chris. Hopefully, she's never read that Q & A. By the second Q & A(after Bob & Mick reconciled), he actually said he'd like to record with her again.
Yes I remember that. I wonder what brought that on (other than the lawsuit). I don't remember him being nasty about Mick or John.

Gail
Old 04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I remember that. I wonder what brought that on (other than the lawsuit). I don't remember him being nasty about Mick or John.

Gail
He was pretty nasty about Mick too. I believe the worst thing he said about John was that he was drunk alot. It was mostly Chris & Mick that he was mad at. He got pretty personal too.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
He was pretty nasty about Mick too. I believe the worst thing he said about John was that he was drunk alot. It was mostly Chris & Mick that he was mad at. He got pretty personal too.
I think I'll go back and read it again

Gail
Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I'll go back and read it again
I think I'm afraid to. I'm a big fan of Bob Welch's music (he is my favorite male singer/musician in FM's history) and I would hate to have that appreciation tainted. Sometimes there's such a thing as knowing too much. It's all about the music, after all.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I'm afraid to. I'm a big fan of Bob Welch's music (he is my favorite male singer/musician in FM's history) and I would hate to have that appreciation tainted. Sometimes there's such a thing as knowing too much. It's all about the music, after all.
I've looked at the first few sections of the original Q&A from 1999 and he does seem mad at Mick, John and Chris mainly because they didn't insist that he be inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Personally I think he should have been. I'm not surprised that they didn't cause a stink about it. Who would want to stick up for someone who was suing them?

Gail
Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've looked at the first few sections of the original Q&A from 1999 and he does seem mad at Mick, John and Chris mainly because they didn't insist that he be inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Personally I think he should have been. I'm not surprised that they didn't cause a stink about it. Who would want to stick up for someone who was suing them?

Gail
I can't believe that Bob was surprised when they didn't insist on him being inducted in the HOF too, since he had sued them. I think they were mad at Bob because they had to settle the lawsuit & give him some money(not that he wasn't right, I have no idea if he actually deserved more money or not).

By the way, the tone of his second Q & A is ALOT different than his first Q & A. It's almost like they were two different people.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 PM

To me it's an absolute disgrace that bob welch did not make the R R hall of fame