The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=PenguinHead;1175176] with the France flag in the background (with the shape of France cut on the end
)QUOTE]

Where? I don't see the shape of the country.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Why should that be of any matter? They are there to entertain; offering their audience a brief escape from the world outside. Mick's usual parting sentiments, with the France flag in the background (with the shape of France cut on the end) says it all. It's very classy, subtle way of acknowledging the tragedy. Anything they have to say has already been said over and over.
I agree It was just a thought.

It must be the french blood in me from my moms side.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Newcastle Herald

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/35...fleetwood-mac/

REVIEW: Fleetwood Mac - Songbirds go their own way By LISA ROCKMAN Nov. 20, 2015, 9:30 p.m.

THERE'S something about a Fleetwood Mac song.

Lyrically strong, certainly, but it's the groove that gets you. You don't just sing along - you float with the music. Moving with it as it moves through you. In Dreams, for example, the beat and two-chord rhythm is like a heartbeat. It cuts you to the core.

A Fleetwood Mac song makes you feel something, and that something is unique to each listener. The delicate balance of pop, rock, folk and blues - among other genres - is both haunting and uplifting. One song makes you want to dance and sing - the next commands you to simply shut up and listen.

On this night they played all the hits, much to the delight of the crowd. It is never a guarantee (remember Bruce Springsteen's 2014 Hope Estate set list?). Kicking off with The Chain, we were treated to such classics as Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Gypsy, Little Lies, Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop and Songbird.

It is not an overstatement to say that this band helped to define a generation back in the 1970s. Stevie Nicks was the free-spirited pin-up girl for wannabe bohemians everywhere and, looking around at the many next-generation copycats floating about in flowing skirts and dresses (including talented Aussie support acts Stonefield and Julia Stone), not much has changed. The audience hung off every word, every anecdote about a different era. Many nodded knowingly and smiled; others could only imagine and dream.

The individual brilliance of Fleetwood Mac's three singer-songwriters is amplified on stage. Their personalities are as distinct as their musical contributions but they are a well-oiled machine, even after all these years - and break-ups.

Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham both spoke about the group's volatile romantic history, and how it fractured individual and group relationships (and eventually the band itself), while at the same time inspiring some of Fleetwood Mac's most memorable songs. Mention was also made of the "great deal of love below the surface" during the tumultuous years and how they have "all bled for one another".

Said Buckingham: "This five-piece was two couples who broke up - but the music and the love endured. We're still here. It kinda blows my mind, I'll tell you that."

An exuberant Lindsey Buckingham tried his hardest to steal the show but, for me, it was all about the ladies working in (still admirable) harmony. Christine McVie's return to the fold anchored a memorable performance by a band not afraid to own the moment.

It's a pity so many of their songs have been used and abused on television advertisements over the years - but then again, advertisers know a hook when they hear it.