User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think you're right that they'd never tour without her. They're too skittish to even think of doing an album without her.

That said, I'd fully support an album with just the four of them and a tour with just them would be very interesting to me. I mean, I think a tour with all five of them is the most exciting, naturally. It's certainly better with her there and I'd look forward to her return to the fold a few years down the road, but as a once-in-a-lifetime thing, seeing what the four of them would do without her would be interesting.

Michele
I don't really think she's all that critical to the other writers' songs. On Say You Will Lindsey had mostly already completed songs and shoehorned Stevie in on them. I was well familiar with Lindsey's GOS songs when SYW came out and I didn't think Stevie added much to them. I don't really think about it like "I wonder what they would do" because I don't really think it changes what they will do. She wouldn't be part of the creative process on those songs anyway. They just won't perform any songs by Stevie.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've long said that I could see the band soldiering on into their 80s. After all, people like Pete Seger & BB King toured right up until the end of their lives, and they were far older than that. Bands like the Stones are a good deal older than FM and still going strong, too.

Pete Seeger and BB King weren't putting on rock shows. Mick and Keith are the same age as Christine.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Let me count the ways, YES!!!
I've loved Stevie's work with FMac. But they have always been able to push on.

It could be that she's just tired and knows that if they release another album, there will be a tour. It makes sense.

LB, Mick can always work.. They love it.
CM is rested and ready to go for 30 more years.
JM does what he's told.

SN was complaining in 2003 and 2009 tours that she was tired of touring. I think she projected a little bit when she told Christine how hard it was. It's probably harder for her than the rest. She has to stand center stage. (yes, I'll give her a little credit) And, she has the most prolific solo work.

Having said that. The creativity between LB and CM is so tantamount to this band. I invite it lovingly!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even as someone whose favorite songwriter of the 3 is Stevie I'd welcome this idea with open arms. Maybe Fleetwood Mac would actually be a band again instead of a huge, money-making touring entity.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At first I thought, No, no way.
But then I got thinking, I don't think we will see the five of them tour again.
They've made a shed load of money (so Mick should be happy)
I don't think Stevie's interested in touring again or making an Album as FM.
So yes let the remaining four make a new album
Stevie will make one with Dave Stewart and do a short Solo tour..
Old 06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
At first I thought, No, no way.
But then I got thinking, I don't think we will see the five of them tour again.
They've made a shed load of money (so Mick should be happy)
I don't think Stevie's interested in touring again or making an Album as FM.
So yes let the remaining four make a new album
Stevie will make one with Dave Stewart and do a short Solo tour..
Stevie is basically doing the big/small machine thing now like Lindsey except she doesn't realize it.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
What if SN took "her" break from the band, like LB and CM did? Would you welcome the 4 moving on without Stevie for 4-5 years? Releasing an album, then touring as a quartet again?
Old 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

SN was complaining in 2003 and 2009 tours that she was tired of touring. I think she projected a little bit when she told Christine how hard it was. It's probably harder for her than the rest. She has to stand center stage. (yes, I'll give her a little credit)!
^^^ This!

I think the reality of the situation simply boils down to "bad timing". Christine decided to rejoin the band at a time when Fleetwood Mac was finishing up a world tour in 2013. Plus Stevie toured solo for most of 2011 and 2012 promoting "In Your Dreams". Arthritis, bad knees, and a bad back? The gal was (and still IS) exhausted!!! When the year ends, Stevie will have toured for FIVE solid years with maybe three or four months off per year.

Again, as much as I would love to see her soldier on, record a new Fleetwood Mac album and then (inevitably) tour to support it, I totally understand her desire to take a couple of years off. She deserves it.

On the other hand, if she decides to immediately record another solo record and go on tour to promote it instead of recording/touring with Fleetwood Mac, THAT will piss me right the f**k OFF!

If she says she needs a year to rest from touring, then she should do just that - REST from TOURING!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

On the other hand, if she decides to immediately record another solo record and go on tour to promote it instead of recording/touring with Fleetwood Mac, THAT will piss me right the f**k OFF!

If she says she needs a year to rest from touring, then she should do just that - REST from TOURING!
I have a sneaking feeling that this is what will happen though...
Old 06-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I have a sneaking feeling that this is what will happen though...
yeah, I have no doubt she plans to go directly to doing solo stuff and promoting it with touring. "Tired" is an excuse. She hasn't worked harder than Lindsey and he can't wait to keep going. She just wants to be solo is all.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 06-02-2015 at 03:12 PM..
Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
yeah, I have no doubt she plans to go directly to doing solo stuff and promoting it with touring. "Tired" is an excuse. She hasn't worked harder than Lindsey and he can't wait to keep going. She just wants to be solo is all.
Looking back I think that's what she intended all along. She never did commit to a new FM Album and I think she only did the current tour because Christine returned.
She said I'll do the tour ( straight after a previous one) but I reckon she thinks she's paid her dues.......which she has.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the replies folks.

My opinion here....the foursome should finish an album...tell SN there is a spot for her to join it (in a timely manner) or they will release it as is. Personally I don't feel SN wants the band to release an album or tour without her. What she wants is her solo time and have them wait, and then be the "hero" when she's ready to come back. I do fear if they go on without her and release an album, it could extend her absence from 18 months to an indefinite number...possibly forever. And when she says she's tired of touring I think she simply means touring with LB. They need to take 6 months off after the tour finish the album....and put the ball in her court, and be ready to move on as a group. Odds are not good all will survive the next 10 years.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After my first FM concert last night, yes, I would support an FM era without Stevie.

Christina and Lindsey were amazing. I would LOVE to see them again live! They're super entertaining!

Stevie was just a beautiful ghost of a woman.

I'm a huge Stevie fan but she really doesn't fit in with the rest of the band imo. I'd rather she pursue her solo career with a world tour while FM go on alone with their world tour.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Even as someone whose favorite songwriter of the 3 is Stevie I'd welcome this idea with open arms. Maybe Fleetwood Mac would actually be a band again instead of a huge, money-making touring entity.
The irony to that is it's not stevie who wants these long cash grab tours at all. She'd probably be more willing to record if the damned tour wasn't so long. And I personally feel Stevie's actions on stage do not match what she says in interviews. I think her voice and engagement levels are the best they've been within fleetwood Mac since I first saw them in 2003. The lowpoint absolutely being that unleaded tour in 2009. While Storms was maybe my favorite single live performance I've ever seen stevie give, her engagement that tour was pathetic. She had the most unhappy look on her face and basically stood in the shadows if she wasn't singing. This tour has not been like that.

Now after all that defending I'd honestly be fine and almost welcome that scenerio. Especially after viewing your fake set. Stevie could focus on what she really wants to do towards the end of her career and i would absolutely be attending both Stevie's solo or side projects and the new fleetwood Mac.

Sadly I just don't think it would be possible at this point. I think it's gonna have to be the 5 or nothing from here on out from the bands perspective.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
What if SN took "her" break from the band, like LB and CM did? Would you welcome the 4 moving on without Stevie for 4-5 years? Releasing an album, then touring as a quartet again?

How about a set list (after a new album) like this? (A possible/likely combo)
A hard question, I became a fan of FM back in 1987 because of Stevie. Never cared that much for Lindsey's songs.

That changed in 2004 when I saw them in Oberhausen. I completely felt for his type of playing and energy on stage.

Yes, the only thing Stevie does is sing .. but hey ... that is what she does. Us fans want to hear those songs and see Stevie spinning etc.

A Stevie-less FM we had with the Time line-up. But on the other hand; this would be different, so Yes, I will attend!