The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

I say give it about six months and see how they feel. They are being courted I think for Glastonbury in June 2016 and they may want to do warm up gigs prior.

I noticed this snippet about Mick's plans for next year. It seemed to be mainly Mick doing the press in Australia.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts...-1227578824647

Quote:
The more than chatty sticksman also reveals that he hopes to bring his blues band back to Australia at some point next year and to possibly enlist the services of an old mate, a certain J. Barnes. “It would be fun. He’s a great rock ‘n’ roll singer and in truth a great blues singer. He’s really adept at it.” As we went to press Barnesy wasn’t aware of this development, but hopefully he soon will be.
Jimmy Barnes is from my home city Adelaide though he was Scots born. He's been around a long time. He once did an ear splitting duet with Tina Turner and he's a total madman. Here he is in quieter mode.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=akiEPA3tupM

I am letting my imagination run away with me here. Next year they could do a double bill of Fleetwood Mac and The Faces. It'd be smashing if Peter Green could join them for some of it.

I can't see Lindsey being part of that arrangement though. Great guitarist even though he is, blues audiences are often purists. And I know he probably still hates Rod Stewart!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I say give it about six months and see how they feel. They are being courted I think for Glastonbury in June 2016 and they may want to do warm up gigs prior.

I noticed this snippet about Mick's plans for next year. It seemed to be mainly Mick doing the press in Australia.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts...-1227578824647

Jimmy Barnes is from my home city Adelaide though he was Scots born. He's been around a long time. He once did an ear splitting duet with Tina Turner and he's a total madman. Here he is in quieter mode.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=akiEPA3tupM

I am letting my imagination run away with me here. Next year they could do a double bill of Fleetwood Mac and The Faces. It'd be smashing if Peter Green could join them for some of it.

I can't see Lindsey being part of that arrangement though. Great guitarist even though he is, blues audiences are often purists. And I know he probably still hates Rod Stewart!
Mick was very clear FM is not doing Glasto 2016.

sounds like Mick is working on a back up plan to tour with his blues band if the FM record is not materializing in 2016, or even if it is during just a part of it.

not sure why you think Mick's blues band would have anything to do with any of the FM incarnations, past or present. or Faces. it's MFBB, and they sometimes have guest musicians. no venues on the level of FM or Rod Stewart.

also why would Lindsey hate Rod Stewart??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

There is a story that long ago, Rod Stewart hit on Lindsey's gf without realising and Lindsey was furious. I can see Rod doing that too. Everyone knows his rep...

Glastonbury 2016 was still being tipped in October. Mick had ruled them out for 2015 but I didn't think he'd ruled out future years?

The old Fleetwood Mac and Faces were very blues British bands. I think that deep down Rod would like a reformation of The Faces. But as so often happens sometimes other things can get in the way.

I'm not being that serious but I do think, despite my being a huge Nicks fan, they would have other possibilities without her that could be explored.

Last edited by Missy; 12-01-2015 at 07:10 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is a story that long ago, Rod Stewart hit on Lindsey's gf without realising and Lindsey was furious. I can see Rod doing that too. Everyone knows his rep...

Glastonbury 2016 was still being tipped in October. Mick had ruled them out for 2015 but I didn't think he'd ruled out future years?

The old Fleetwood Mac and Faces were very blues British bands. I think that deep down Rod would like a reformation of The Faces. But as so often happens sometimes other things can get in the way.

I'm not being that serious but I do think, despite my being a huge Nicks fan, they would have other possibilities without her that could be explored.
thanks for the responses!

did i read somewhere here that Rod and Ron Wood would like to tour together in small venues but managers are nixing it?

ah yeah, Carol's story, forgot about that. somehow i suspect LB has too by now! Carol seemed mostly pissed about Rod thinking she's a groupie.

yeah Mick ruled out Glasto 2016 too, he was asked at AUS m&gs immediately after that rumor started flying last month.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

There was this story about a possible Faces reunion not long ago, as in a real tour doing some smaller venues.

http://rollingstoneaus.com/music/pos...t-feature/2727

Ronnie Wood was complaining that Rod's management was standing in the way over money. Rod's manager says it's really more about schedules. *shrugs*

I think I would actually love to go see a show with both The Faces and maybe a trimmed down Fleetwood Mac. There would probably be enough big names on that bill to draw people out.

I feel very ignorant now but just discovered that Mick, Rod, and Peter Green had all been in a group called 'Shotgun Express' in the 1960s.

(Does anyone know if there's ever been some discussion about Peter Green doing something with the band? I doubt he could handle very big crowds anymore but might be nice to have something.)

I guess it's just fantasy for a show like that, so we have to wait and see what happens next year. The band have just finished a long tour and deserve a break. Actually, it was a miracle to have this most recent tour with all five because I didn't think Christine would ever return. The band members themselves couldn't seem to get over it.

A long video but I love this recording of a Faces show in 1972. Before Rod's 'Do Ya Think I'm Sexy' era! The Faces were pretty crazy though. They were notorious for boozing it up and wrecking hotel rooms. Rod has said they were banned from so many hotels that they started signing in as 'Fleetwood Mac' to get past it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xHBjeiqzkQ
Old 12-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(Does anyone know if there's ever been some discussion about Peter Green doing something with the band? I doubt he could handle very big crowds anymore but might be nice to have something.)

I guess it's just fantasy for a show like that, so we have to wait and see what happens next year.
Mick was repeatedly asked that question at meet and greets throughout the last 2 tours. he said that he was hoping and trying to arrange something with Peter Green for a long long time, but that he finally realizes that will never happen - Peter is in no shape to commit to doing anything more serious, predictable and set upfront, like concert dates or prearranged appearances.

imo the most probable thing that will happen in 2016 is Stevie solo tour and Lindsey some kind of a solo release and solo tour. i'm sure Mick will also do something with one of his solo bands or ventures, he almost always does.

the real loss here is Christine-related - i think she really wants to work with the band, not go back to solo. she has all these songs she and Lindsey recorded and they are just added to the pile of previously recorded FM songs since 2012... and waiting. it's a shame.

i would be shocked and pleasantly surprised if the band either decides to finish the album without Stevie and puts it out, or Stevie finally decides to join in the group effort and adds her contributions.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No!
I suffered enough missing Christine
I can't stand any 4 member lineup
Old 12-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I update my statement from earlier.

NO.......................................................................

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
No!
I suffered enough missing Christine
I can't stand any 4 member lineup
lol. better to suffer with no lineup then?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol. better to suffer with no lineup then?
Without Christine, there is no line up.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Without Christine, there is no line up.
A FREAKING MEN!