The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can remember this being discussed on a thread years ago. There was an interview with John McVie in which he said something along the lines of "it wasn't as live as it looked" so we've known about this all the time. Still, someone tried to hide the fact that it wasn't fully live as there are a couple of amps on the stage which were presumably there just for show, unless they were there for the voices, which were live.

The proof was always there is you looked hard enough- at 3:26 on the first of Macfanfover's videos there's a piano glissando that Chris forgets to mime and from about 4:50 there's some fairly hopeless guitar miming going on from Lindsey as well.

Does it matter? Not really, I guess. I suppose this means that there were no fully live performances from just the five from 1982 to 1997 (Rick and Billy were presumably on stage with them in 1990 when Lindsey guested on GYOW and Tear it up ).

I like the Christine interviews that Macfanforever found. She's warm and self-deprecating and has an endearing tendency, which she does acknowledge, to get her years muddled up, saying for example that the Clinton gig was a catalyst for the Dance . Maybe it was, after a fashion, but she's forgetting the Bobby-in-the-shower dream sequence of the Time band...

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 12-02-2015 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I can remember this being discussed on a thread years ago. There was an interview with John McVie in which he said something along the lines of "it wasn't as live as it looked" so we've known about this all the time. Still, someone tried to hide the fact that it wasn't fully live as there are a couple of amps on the stage which were presumably there just for show, unless they were there for the voices, which were live.

The proof was always there is you looked hard enough- at 3:26 on the first of Macfanfover's videos there's a piano glissando that Chris forgets to mime and from about 4:50 there's some fairly hopeless guitar miming going on from Lindsey as well.

Does it matter? Not really, I guess. I suppose this means that there were no fully live performances from just the five from 1982 to 1997 (Rick and Billy were presumably on stage with them in 1990 when Lindsey guested on GYOW and Tear it up ).

I like the Christine interviews that Macfanforever found. She's warm and self-deprecating and has an endearing tendency, which she does acknowledge, to get her years muddled up, saying for example that the Clinton gig was a catalyst for the Dance . Maybe it was, after a fashion, but she's forgetting the Bobby-in-the-shower dream sequence of the Time band...
Thanks for the input Mr Scarrott.

I wonder what was the issue on doing a complete live performance.I must of did not see why in the fine print in this thread or other threads.Time for new glasses again.
LOL.I thought all these year they played live in full there .I guess that happens by watching it on a old 19 inch TV then.No HDTV then.You can see everything now.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-02-2015 at 01:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Registered

there are almost no ( SNL maybe ) live singing on network events http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24086986
Old 12-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another reason they probably pre-recorded the music: There are only five of them on stage. When was the last time this band has/had performed with just the five members? They would have needed all the other backing musicians to recreate the sound they probably wanted, and that would have been super inefficient for that one-off performance, not to mention the "who are those other people?" question that would have ruined was was, for the most part, just one big photo op.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 12-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Another reason they probably pre-recorded the music: There are only five of them on stage. When was the last time this band has/had performed with just the five members? They would have needed all the other backing musicians to recreate the sound they probably wanted, and that would have been super inefficient for that one-off performance, not to mention the "who are those other people?" question that would have ruined was was, for the most part, just one big photo op.
At that time the full 5 line up had never played with all the other musicians on stage with them so it should have been quite natural. The backing musicians came later.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
even with full orchestra they would not be playing live on a live television
broadcast it's just not done except for P!NK and on snL