Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mt. Smart Stadium, 11/21/2015

New Zealand Herald

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11549165

Rain to drench music fans - but leave your umbrellas at home

3:56 PM Saturday Nov 21, 2015

Wet weather has wrought 24 hours of chaos on Auckland roads and is set to unleash further misery on fans attending tonight's Fleetwood Mac concert.

The 38,000 concert-goers heading to Mt Smart Stadium should prepare for a wet night.

MetService was forecasting heavy rain to fall across the North Island today, and Auckland would not escape the stormy front.

Forecasters said Auckland was set to be drenched by heavy rain, which was unlikely to clear before midnight.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check this out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11549411

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richie and gang meet Stevie Nicks
12:46 PM Sunday Nov 22, 2015

It was grins all round as All Black great Richie McCaw hung out with Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks backstage on Saturday.

Two photos posted by Richie McCaw on Facebook show the former All Black captain and his girlfriend Gemma Flynn cuddling up with Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks.

In one of the photos, the couple are joined by Steve Hansen and his partner Tash Marshall - both sporting wide smiles - with Nicks holding up an All Blacks jersey from the 2015 World Cup.

Review: Fleetwood Mac in Auckland

The shots appear to be taken backstage before or after the show.

The All Blacks captain and coach were among the 38,000 people who turned out at Mt Smart Stadium last night for the second to last night of Fleetwood Mac's 15-month world tour 'On With The Show', with torrential rain doing nothing to dampen their spirits.

The pictures have received more than 4000 likes on Facebook, with many fans taking the opportunity to joke about the rarity of a Hansen grin.

"That moment when Steve Hansen actually smiles but you don't recognise him no more!," Pham Thai Ly wrote.

Damo Clifford agreed: "Shag with out his game face."

A number of All Blacks wrote that Nicks was also lucky to meet McCaw as well, with the All Blacks captain looking relaxed in the wake of last week's announcement he would hang up his boots.

It is understood Nicks dedicated a song to McCaw and Hansen during the Saturday night concert.

"I don't no who's luckier her or you!!!! Amazing night," Angela Law wrote.

"Whoa! steve nicks got to meet Richie McCaw!!!!," Hemi Moeroa wrote, with a smiling emoticon.

Judy Gillings agreed: " Two Legends in the one room..sorry..three with Steve Hansen!!"

- NZME.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 221115SPLMCCAW_620x310.jpg (30.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 221115SPLMCCAW2_620x310.jpg (34.7 KB, 29 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha ha. That's a nice story. I bet John is the only one in the bunch who actually knows who those players are.

Michele
Old 11-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ha ha. That's a nice story. I bet John is the only one in the bunch who actually knows who those players are.

Michele
Yes .I wonder if they met John .He'll be thrilled to meet them.That was nice that Stevie dedicated Landslide to Richie.It must of made the crowd feel good.

Any Ledgies see this show.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Zealand Herald 5:00 AM Saturday Nov 21, 2015

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11548874

Russell Blackstock Russell Blackstock is a senior reporter at the Herald on Sunday.

Music nut James Pearson is packing an overnight bag for a double dose of live rock this weekend.

The 27-year-old is pulling out all the stops to be at Sir Elton John's mega-gig in Wellington today and Fleetwood Mac's second show at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium tomorrow.

Pearson, from Grey Lynn, will fly with a friend to Sir Elton's concert for 30,000 people at the Westpac Stadium. He will then jet back tomorrow morning in time to see supergroup Fleetwood Mac in action.

"I might seem a bit young to be following these classic artists but I grew up with their music," he said. "It is going to be hectic but I can't wait to see them both within the space of 24 hours."

Pearson, a lawyer at ASB bank, reckons the two shows could cost him up to $1000, after covering tickets, flights and spending money.

He saw Fleetwood Mac when they last played in New Zealand - at the Bowl of Brooklands in New Plymouth in 2009 - but has never seen Sir Elton live before.

"I am a big fan of Stevie Nicks, and Fleetwood Mac were great the last time they were here. But now Christine McVie is back in the lineup, the Mt Smart show will be something special.

"My mum and dad saw the band in London earlier in the year and said they are better than ever.

down this way, so I didn't want to miss him."

Fleetwood Mac will wow close to 100,000 fans in New Zealand after rocking Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on Wednesday followed by the two Mt Smart gigs.

Today's Auckland show is sold out but a limited number of tickets are still available for tomorrow.

Fleetwood Mac founding member Mick Fleetwood has said the concerts will not be the band's last Downunder.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Lydia Jenkin New Zealand Herald Saturday Nov 21, 2015

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11549256

Concert review: Fleetwood Mac, Mt Smart, Auckland

The title of Fleetwood Mac's 15-month world tour 'On With The Show' felt especially fitting as the heavens opened above Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland last night in a pre-summer monsoon.

But the rain did little to dampen the spirits of the 38,000 people who'd turned out for the second to last night of the tour - the biggest crowd the legendary five-piece have played to since they reunited in September last year.

The audience might have been getting soaked, but for many this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie all together once more, and they were ready to let the rain wash them clean, go their own way, and break some chains.

And so were Fleetwood Mac. Their two-hour set was laden with hits, and right from opener The Chain, it was clear the five longtime bandmates and one-time lovers have put the years of turbulence well behind them, and now delight in giving these songs a truly heartfelt rendition

There was no sign of any lagging energy from the group, who are now all close to 70.

In fact they seem invigorated by the tour, with Buckingham especially spirited, occasionally prowling round the stage like a big cat as he led with his guitar, and Stevie Nicks as other-worldly and vivacious as ever with her husky tones and gothic gypsy-queen outfit.

Their mid-set stripped back numbers together, Landslide and Never Going Back Again, were beautifully tender, while Buckingham's Big Love solo was a stormer.

It was a particular highlight to see McVie come out from behind the keyboard for Everywhere. And her piano-accordion playing on Tusk was a wonderfully eccentric addition to the song.

Huge singalongs are what Fleetwood Mac has always done best, though, and last night was no exception with Dreams, Little Lies and Go Your Own Way providing the high points.

With so many hits already fired from the cannon, the crowd was curious to hear what the encore would bring, but it was a pleasure to see Fleetwood become a wild cave man drummer on World Turning, and it wouldn't have been a complete evening without Don't Stop or Silver Spring.

To top it all off, hearing McVie sing Songbird was a perfectly poignant end to an incredible concert.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stuff Co. NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...-Fleetwood-Mac

Gig Review: Fleetwood Mac SIENA YATES November 22 2015

If you're planning on heading to Fleetwood Mac's last show in Auckland tonight, listen to your Mum's old advice and take an extra layer, even if you think you don't need one.

Last night's concert at Mt Smart Stadium saw thousands of Mac fans drenched in the beginnings of a storm, barrelled by wind and generally, just a bit miserable.

If you're at all familiar with the wicked witchery of Stevie Nicks you'd be convinced the songstress brought last night's storm on herself.

Fleetwood Mac's Hollywood, Dream and many more songs hail the rain.

Take; "I don't care for sunny weather / I like the change of seasons better / I love the feel of rain upon my face" and "Thunder only happens when it's raining...When the rain washes you clean, you'll know, you'll know".

And suddenly, despite the fact that everyone was soaked through and freezing cold, we were still dancing to the sounds of Lindsey Buckingham's rock voice and insane guitar skills, Christine McVie's fingers moving over the keys and her rasping voice belting out the songs, Mick Fleetwood bashing away at the drums, John McVie on bass, and, of course, Nicks's higher register ringing through the stadium.

The lights, the slightly hazy images of Nicks's tassled gypsy outfit as she spun in circles, the sound of thousands singing Tell Me Lies over the sound of rain, the eerie sound of Nicks and Buckingham's voices on the long-held notes of Rhiannon while the wind blew - there was something kind of magical about it.

Nicks talked extensively about the All Blacks - because when in Rome - and Buckingham talked candidly about how the group had come through their hard times to still be together on stage now, and how it'd only made them stronger. And he and Stevie played on their old romances throughout the night, leaning in close, whispering to one another.

And Christine McVie looked pleased as punch to be back, rejoining the group after missing the last tour.

However, conscious of the fact that we were all dripping wet, they kept the banter to a minimum and just smashed out hit after hit, all voices unfailingly on point, the crowd singing, dancing, swaying and spinning along with them.

Tonight is Fleetwood Mac's last show of their tour, and they're stoked to be ending it in "such a cultural place".

I'd recommend you go, especially if the sky stays blue but if not, rug up warm.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Click some of the links for the pictures. It looks like the wind made Christine's hair a little wavy. It looks nice, much more attractive than the waffle iron look she briefly sported a few decades ago.

Michele
Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

38,000 people
What a way to end a tour.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood Mac will wow close to 100,000 fans in New Zealand after rocking Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on Wednesday followed by the two Mt Smart gigs.
I guess that means every resident in the entire country attended those shows.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Simon Sweetman, November 23, 2015 Stuff.Co. NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...Out-Subbing-In

Subbing Out/Subbing In...

uite a few people have asked - through sincere emails and in that catty, pathetic way on Twitter - whether I was at/reviewing Elton John (in Wellington, Saturday night) and/or Fleetwood Mac (Auckland, Saturday and Sunday). I didn't attend either. I've seen both acts before and though it would have been good to see Fleetwood Mac (with Christine McVie back in the fold) it looks like it was largely the same show - no surprise. I bet it was fantastic. But I got to see them a few years back. No Christine. But still good.

Same deal with Elton really - saw him 10 years ago. It was very good. He wasn't going to beat that gig, with every chance that he wasn't as good, no chance at all that he could be better.

I like Elton John - the seventies stuff. And he's a great showman, I'm sure it was a fun gig still. But no need to see him.

I love Fleetwood Mac - I've told you all often enough, and all versions of the band, the blues group, the stadium beast that people seem to write off without ever (properly) listening to and the "lost" years in the early 1970s where members were continually drifting through.

It might have been nice to see Fleetwood Mac one more time, but it wasn't to be. Not for me.

The truth is I couldn't afford it. An unexciting truth perhaps. But still very much true.

Anyway, the reason for this blog is simply to give you lot a chance to talk about the gigs if you went to one or both of the Mac shows, or to Elton, or you perhaps were keen enough to get to Elton and Fleetwood.

I read the reviews. Neither helped particularly. But here's the words about Elton John and this presumably Dadaist take on reviewing a Fleetwood Mac gig.

From those I deduced that I hadn't missed much. But maybe Elton really was better than in '05 and Mac better than in '09. Let me know if you think so.

As it was I had a terrific weekend of music. I drove up to Masterton and then on to Hawke's Bay. On Friday and Saturday I played my first gigs in years; it was quite something to be on the other side again, to have jumped the fence, or whatever. Back on the stage rather than scribbling something down for the page.

I was the "mystery drummer" for The Spines - as part of this wee bungee tour to Masterton/Napier with Vorn, The Spines and The Julie Lamb Band.

Just a fill-in gig, as it were. I had a couple of quick rehearsals and then into it. Maybe I'll write more about it another day - it was certainly pretty special for me. I'm not sure how it sounded, or how it was received really. But I know that it felt great. And that was the important part. My band mates for the weekend were happy. I was chuffed. I didn't feel like I let the side down. And what a great thrill it was to play some of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands.

I first found a Spines record in a second-hand shop around 20 years ago. About half a decade back I met the guy responsible for writing those songs. A brief meeting, chance encounter. I told him I loved his music. He was stoked I'd heard it. We didn't cross paths for a while after that - then found each other on Facebook. The way of the world now.

He's been a good mate the last couple of years as we've grown to know each other and it's always been great getting to talk with him about those Spines records and songs. He's been writing his wonderful 'Ghost' Stories for my site over the last couple of years (he wrote his version of how we met recently - and just today posted a lovely story about Peter McLeavey).

What an honour it was to - briefly - join The Spines. To be welcomed into the family. A substitute for another guy. My thanks to the band's drummer - for the opportunity and for being happy to have someone else replace him for a couple of gigs he couldn't make. My thanks to the band - and of course to Jon McLeary for asking me in. And for writing those incredible songs.

It made up for missing Fleetwood Mac and Elton John. Easily.

And then I returned home to the new Adele album.

Did you have a fun weekend of music? And did it include either Fleetwood Mac or Elton John?
Old 11-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sideswipe, New Zealand Herald By Ana Samways 11/25/2015

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sideswipe/ne...ectid=11550648

Go Your Own Way ... but sit down in front!

"My wife and I, both in our 50s, bought seats in the stand for one of the Fleetwood Mac concerts in Auckland last weekend. We both have medical reasons why we can't stand for any lengthy periods of time. Some inconsiderate person in front of us stood and danced during the show. We were unable to see. After asking once for him to sit down, he carried on as though it didn't matter if we saw the show. I grabbed him and sat him down. The second time I sat him down I let him know it would not be clever to do it again. Those seated around us thanked me for my actions. If you want to dance at a show, go to the back and let the rest of us enjoy the show as well. Who gave you the right to stop others seeing the show, or are your rights more than ours?"