Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Nigel where he go?

Does anyone know what´s happened to Nigel Watson, is he still playing and stuff?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This question has been up before.
It seems nobody has any info.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The last I know of Nigel Watson he appeared on the Dave Walker & The Ambulators album which was recorded Feb-April 2004.

If I'm not mistaken April 2004 was about the time that the court case was going on between him and Peter?

So maybe Nigel became disillusioned after all of this and went back to doing what he did before he was in the Splinter Group? I can't for the life of me remember what it was he used to do, but I think there was some mention of it in an interview once? Will have to go and dig through my DVDs.

EDIT: - Actually I think he was a carpenter (well I knew it was something to do with construction/building) - that is the information contained here: http://english-by.livejournal.com/tag/people which actually seems totally irrelevant to the whole conversation (and says Nigel played with FM for a few years) except the following yellow pages listing:

http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindL...rs-and-Joiners

So possibly? Anyone in England want to give this guy a call?

Last edited by chriskisn; 02-07-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default what?

"A few years later he was playing with several groups, including one of the world's great rock bands, Fleetwood Mac. He played with them from time to time until the early years of the seventies."

Did Nigel go around telling people this false information, or was it made up? What a way to embellish your resume'.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
"A few years later he was playing with several groups, including one of the world's great rock bands, Fleetwood Mac. He played with them from time to time until the early years of the seventies."

Did Nigel go around telling people this false information, or was it made up? What a way to embellish your resume'.
Hmm...I kind of wondered that too...

Well I guess there are plenty of people who would think Peter Green IS Fleetwood Mac...
Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post

Remember, Nigel Watson did join Peter Green in helping Fleetwood Mac complete its early 1971 tour following Jeremy Spencer's departure. But according to everything I've read, the only thing he did was play congas during their shows. Then he left along with Green once that tour was finished.

So if you look at the quote, strictly speaking it's not false - he did play with Fleetwood Mac until the early '70s - but of course it's stated in a way that makes both the length of time he played with them sound longer and his very limited participation sound a lot more important than the reality.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Remember, Nigel Watson did join Peter Green in helping Fleetwood Mac complete its early 1971 tour following Jeremy Spencer's departure. But according to everything I've read, the only thing he did was play congas during their shows. Then he left along with Green once that tour was finished.

So if you look at the quote, strictly speaking it's not false - he did play with Fleetwood Mac until the early '70s - but of course it's stated in a way that makes both the length of time he played with them sound longer and his very limited participation sound a lot more important than the reality.
I understand, but it does show a shady side of him, if it was he who gave the information.

Instead of saying "he played with Fleetwood Mac during the winter U.S. tour of 1971", or "including a stint with Fleetwood Mac in early 1971", it sounds like he was with the band on and off from the beginning-early 70's. I'm glad Peter Green is out of his life.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post

I'm curious though whether Nigel and Fleetwood Mac crossed paths earlier than that? I guess we may never know unless we can find Jeremy on here and ask him.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Hmm...I kind of wondered that too...

Well I guess there are plenty of people who would think Peter Green IS Fleetwood Mac...
I think of the recent Peter Green documentary where Jeremy Spencer describes a dream of Peter Green having a spirit on his shoulder pulling off his face. Green later agrees with that description of how he felt. Well now we know that force was Nigel Watson.

Last edited by slipkid; 02-08-2009 at 01:01 AM..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I'm curious though whether Nigel and Fleetwood Mac crossed paths earlier than that? I guess we may never know unless we can find Jeremy on here and ask him.
I found this, from Guitarist Magazine 9/99:

What's On, Mr Watson?

"I first met Peter back in the late sixties. My big sister was married to Fleetwood Mac's manager, Clifford Davis. He and Peter both lived in Putney and I used to see Peter in the street with his oilskin on - there's a clothes shop opposite Putney Station and he'd often be gazing in there. One day I was at my sister's and he came round and we just formed a friendship. His feet were getting off the ground a bit at that time and that's how it happened - we used to go down to places like Arundel and do a bit of nature.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It sounds like they were just friends, with the manager of the band as a brother-in-law.