User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitopen View Post
I like this Kyle guy. A real rabble rouser. Old school like. You weasels don’t know what it used to be like IN THE OLDEN DAYS
Even in the olden days, we followed the First Commandment of Internet:
"Don't Feed The Trolls"
Old 10-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Posted in Another Thread

[I][I][I]0riginally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Next step: Hell breaks loose because FM bring up everything that Lindsey said or did over the years to make sure that Stevie is the victim here and not him.
Stay tuned for him calling them liars, them suing him for defamation, him suing them for slander.
I'm already exhausted from the BS.
This is most likely the next steps in what is going to become an ugly and public back and forth exposing the underbelly of each of the band members and their handlers.
End Quote

Maybe outside the potential replacement of John there was little in the filling that was not known or reasonably suspected to be known by people who have been following along. However to the much larger world this is new information that mostly contradicts the public narrative the band had try to shape.

Unlike a previous poster, in my opinion there are parts of this case that have significant chance of sustaining under sympathetic to the aggrieved California law. Particularly, if there are written communications from Live Nation about potential earnings from the tour and they are dated prior to his termination. Additionally, if it can be documented that Buckingham paid in capital to the benefit of the partnership then he will show strong a right to recovery and additional remedy.

The band will move for a summary judgment to dismiss, but that burden is high, so some to much of the case will survive until such time a settlement is reached.

You will see a public chipping away at Buckingham. Probably mostly off the record, difficult to prove, but reasonably accurate, even if framed to paint him in the worst possible light. This will be done to silence him through embarrassment and bring him and his attorneys to a quiet settlement.

Remember this, Lindsey has his version of the truth. Fleetwood Mac and in particular Stevie have created an insular word where they work hard to control the narrative and that narrative real or imagined is their reinforced truth. I can’t believe all but the most delusioned didn’t expect litigation to happen. You don’t terminate a partner from a 9 figure entity with zero compensation and expect them go quietly crying into the night.

Notably absent in this filing is a reference to Azoff. If he was simultaneously representing Buckingham individually and Fleetwood Mac collectively that is whole other conflict interest and exposure to damages that may have already been addressed and settled.

A shame that this will be the parting snapshot of one the great bands of our time.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But he still loves them all. That's what his e-mail to Mick says. So, no matter how much he tries, he will never reach the degree of those two ungrateful a$$holes.
PUHLEESE. He does not love them anymore than they love him at this stage. This was performance, knowing the email will eventually be read in court. He is no dummy.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 10-12-2018 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yes. Someone remarked in one of these threads (before the Complaint appeared) that they thought that Mick and John owned Fleetwood Mac and that the rest of the Rumours Five were employees. The Complaint shows this not to be the case; instead, I think it's safe to assume that Lindsey never would have agreed to join the band in 1974/1975 as a hired gun, so they would have joined as full creative members with a say in the band's direction; whereas I assume the likes of Billy Burnette were probably contract hires, at least for the Tango tour. Perhaps it's a clause in the contracts for Neil and Mike that there is an option to become full members if and when this tour proves a success.
According to Mick's first book, when $tevie and Lindsey first joined, they were given a salary of $200/ week. After a short time, they realized that things were really clicking, then they were given full member status.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post

Notably absent in this filing is a reference to Azoff. If he was simultaneously representing Buckingham individually and Fleetwood Mac collectively that is whole other conflict interest and exposure to damages that may have already been addressed and settled
Unlike most people in this festering cesspool you seem to actually know what you’re talking about. I read the complaint and I’m interested in these people who are unnamed...1-25 John Doe’s whose identities can’t be ascertained. What’s that about
Old 10-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
According to Mick's first book, when $tevie and Lindsey first joined, they were given a salary of $200/ week. After a short time, they realized that things were really clicking, then they were given full member status.
Yes, thanks for mentioning that. And it's because not only were the band trialling FM (particularly the compatability with Christine) but BN were trialling the band (from Lindsey's perspective anyway). Who knows how resigned Stevie may have been to accepting that status on a longer term basis, but for Lindsey it would have been anathema.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitopen View Post
Unlike most people in this festering cesspool you seem to actually know what you’re talking about. I read the complaint and I’m interested in these people who are unnamed...1-25 John Doe’s whose identities can’t be ascertained. What’s that about
I think it’s meant to encompass anyone else who could potentially been found to be involved but not in such an outward/obvious way as the band members. I am assuming it means anyone associated with the band collectively or in the employment of the individual members
Old 10-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Well...on the upside, at least Lindsey is eligible for unemployment compensation.d
Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Well...on the upside, at least Lindsey is eligible for unemployment compensation.d
Whew, Kristen can still afford to get the diamond studded name plates for the stalls at the horse farm. Thank goodness for small blessings...
Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Whew, Kristen can still afford to get the diamond studded name plates for the stalls at the horse farm. Thank goodness for small blessings...
Jealousy rearing it’s ugly head......
Old 10-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Jealousy rearing it’s ugly head......
Nope just a little humor like the unemployment comment above it. Should I have called someone a farm animal name, switched out currency symbols for the letters in a name or perhaps made a sweeping statement about how childbirth would have kept someone from being bitter? I can't keep straight who and what we are allowed to joke about.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Nope just a little humor like the unemployment comment above it. Should I have called someone a farm animal name, switched out currency symbols for the letters in a name or perhaps made a sweeping statement about how childbirth would have kept someone from being bitter? I can't keep straight who and what we are allowed to joke about.
You ARE allowed to joke about the band. That's it.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In case anyone here hasn’t seen the update in the other thread, FM has responded again. Their spokesperson said “Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court.” They have retained Dan Petrocelli, a very well known entertainment attorney who represented the Eagles in Don Felder’s suit (but is probably best known for representing the Goldmans in their successful civil suit against OJ).
Doesn’t sound like they’re backing down or considering a settlement.

https://www.thewrap.com/fleetwood-ma...ghams-lawsuit/
Old 10-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait a minute, am I wrong in remembering your having joked about Karen a fair amount of times? In fact I remember something about how you'd like to punch her in the pie hole...
Old 10-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly.. no one here is going to filter my comments...joking or whatever. Lindsey could actually draw an extra 1,000 a month on unemployment.