User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I did see a clip where John and Chris talked about Lindsey and Stevie joining the band, talked about "them" joining the band, how the 3 part harmonies gave everyone chllls, they showed pictures of Lindsey, but actually never mentioned his name.

These people are disgusting.
It’s late, here...I’ll watch it tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First impressions--

The first doc is a bunch of Brit performers narrating the story of FM with a series of the band's performance films and MTV videos, from the white album through Buckingham McVie.

The other band doc is an old one I've seen before.

The Profile of Christine one is great, it's a mix of old films and current interviews with everyone in the band, even John Great stuff from him we haven't heard before. I haven't had a chance to savor all of it but the first half hour or so and it's all sorts of people she played with and knew going back to the 60s. She and John in different clips tell how they met etc. Showing where they used to live. Films of her winning Melody Maker female singer of the year award in 1969....great stuff.

Benifolds......Bob Welch. Surprisingly good things to say about him. Oh, then she says the whole time he was in the band he was a "heroin junkie"

She's wearing her Stevie moon in diamonds, and this looks like many of her interview bits were recorded during that time where she had way too much filler in her face. But it's amazing to get a whole 90 min profile of her.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 08:32 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oh geebus.... Stevie claims she was working THREE jobs simultaneously with her "music job" during BN days.

Oh Stevie says his name..........she says "They needed Lindsey". It's hard to tell from her facial expressions when this was filmed. No emotion on her face at all. There has been a short clip with Neil so it would seem it was put together after the whole firing.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 10:13 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris explains that Over My Head was inspired by Lindsey. "I don't think he ever knew that, but-- he knows NOW!" and she points at the camera and laughs.

Nancy Wilson from Heart comments about how great a song it is.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike is in it.

And....there's Richard. Current day Richard. He talked about having done some kind of doc, so this was it.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I could no more do twirls in chiffon than Stevie could play blues on the piano"
Old 09-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires;1254247[B
]Chris explains that Over My Head was inspired by Lindsey. "I don't think he ever knew that, but-- he knows NOW!" and she points at the camera and laughs.[/B]

Nancy Wilson from Heart comments about how great a song it is.
HA--You think he cares now Christine ?

Last edited by Storms123; 09-20-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Neil has worked with Christine on a song.

Interesting, they play quite a bit of the music of Stevie's piano demo for Planets. I wonder if they think it's Chris.....

The final straw with John was a night at the Gotham Hotel in NY where it got ugly and Chris felt basically in danger though they are all very delicate how they talk about it.

They all tried to hide Chris's relationship with Curry from John. But he figured it out. Curry got fired because John was mad about it.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the Dennis years.

The Tusk tour did them all in.

Oh, the infamous NZ incident. Stevie says when Lindsey wanted to get to her he would "go into his Rhiannon stance". Chris says she thought it was unprofessional and rude. Stevie says she would just give him a stare when he did it. One night he threw a guitar at her. She ducked because "I'm fast". Chris saw it. "I had it" and when they went offstage Stevie chased after him "but Chris got there first". Chris says she threw her glass of wine in his face and berated him and said "That's really professional" she thought that it was "rude"

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie says when FM goes offstage they all go their separate ways and don't talk. except her and Chris of course, they talk. Then after about a year the managers start calling them and they get ready to go do an album (Mirage)
Old 09-20-2019, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After the Gypsy video Chris told the guy who directed it that "that was the video where Stevie got to dress up and look pretty, now it's my turn." And they went to do the Hold Me video in the desert.

No one was talking doing that video. The director says cranky band and lots of alcohol and 105 degrees. John drunk tried to punch out director. They ordered a giant penis cake for Mick's birthday which he cut with a sword. Stevie was diva and insisted on wearing her heels in the sand.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango. Rarely saw Stevie. She went to rehab. Stevie tells psychiatrist klonopin story. Christine filled in a lot of the female energy. Lindsey could work with her more than Stevie. Chris loved working with him, he brought great ideas to her songs. His guitar on Everywhere he played slowed down then played back a right speed.It was fantastic.

Stevie is the first one to say she isn't a writer of singles, so "thank god for Chris"

Chris says "I'm the hook queen". I don't know any other way to write. Little Lies. Mike likes it.
Stevie say the barn in the video for that song had no door on the end, they were on the second story. "Lindsey would weirdly walk to the opening like he was going to go out of it. Very weird."

He tells them he's leaving even though tour booked. He was just stone faced. Stevie in "my tranquilized euphoria" chased after him. Chris chased after them saying "If you're going to kill each other please don't do it here" And Lindsey peeled out at like 90 mph

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 10:16 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People bet they'd get back together after Bill Clinton gig.

Chris - "we realized we'd like to work together again"

Dance. 6 week tour. But she made it clear she's leaving after that.

Chris: "The Chain is the five of us. The Rumours 5 (holding up 5 fingers). That's synonymous to what we're all about. And I was going to leave. That was a complete bust up of the Chain as far as I was concerned"
Old 09-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie, Chris told me "I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry. I'm finished. I don't want to fly anymore, I don't like it. I don't enjoy watching you and Lindsey batter each other."
Old 09-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her brother said, she bought her house in Kent, "thought she'd be earth mother."

She and Eddie had problems, got divorced.

She got isolated. She started drinking too much. Fell down stairs, hurt her hip. Drinking and taking codeine same time. Not good.

When she landed in London after tour she thought would be her last flight ever.

She developed agoraphobia.