The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to Mike Campbell, we know that Stevie's going out on the road for another one of her gargantuan tours, and we know that Fleetwood Mac probably has nothing scheduled for a long time (because the lead singer and the lead guitarist are taking a band hiatus). So, to me, the only question is what Chris plans to do with her time. Will she reach out to Lindsey? Will Lindsey be available? She came back for good in October 2014—and got five years out of it (two world tours and one album).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Thanks to Mike Campbell, we know that Stevie's going out on the road for another one of her gargantuan tours, and we know that Fleetwood Mac probably has nothing scheduled for a long time (because the lead singer and the lead guitarist are taking a band hiatus). So, to me, the only question is what Chris plans to do with her time. Will she reach out to Lindsey? Will Lindsey be available? She came back for good in October 2014—and got five years out of it (two world tours and one album).
I wonder the same. I really want new Chris songs. That's all I really care about. She doesn't need to tour. Just give me more studio recordings.

I wonder if a Lindsey/Christine album is even a possibility or if that bridge has been burned. If it happened, she wouldn't likely be able to use John and Mick.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
During the Interviews, I remember someone asking the whole band what the deal with the Orange Grove was. And Christine laughed and said, "Stevie and Lindsey." I never knew what that meant.
Her mother told her that “you will find it on orange grove.” She thought that meant in a real Orange Grove with fruit. However Stevie and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove. Her mother was leading her to Stevie and Lindsey — because her mother was evil, apparently.

They lived at 751 N. Orange Grove.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-26-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoy stories about Tee. In all seriousness though it makes me sad. It reinforces the notion that they were destined. The fact that things ended so badly does not change what went before, but it changes it for me somehow. It makes it hard for me to take any pleasure from the past.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wonder the same. I really want new Chris songs. That's all I really care about. She doesn't need to tour. Just give me more studio recordings.

I wonder if a Lindsey/Christine album is even a possibility or if that bridge has been burned. If it happened, she wouldn't likely be able to use John and Mick.
I feel the same way. Obviously there's no making up for what happened last year, but for Lindsey and Christine to be able to put that all behind them and make new music (without the other clowns) would be about as close to a silver lining as I could hope for at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Her mother told her that “you will find it on orange grove.” She thought that meant in a real Orange Grove with fruit. However Stevie and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove. Her mother was leading her to Stevie and Lindsey — because her mother was evil, apparently.

They lived at 751 N. Orange Grove.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
During the Interviews, I remember someone asking the whole band what the deal with the Orange Grove was. And Christine laughed and said, "Stevie and Lindsey." I never knew what that meant.
In that 1986 SN interview with Molly Meldrum, Stevie explains the entire story of Christine's mother telling CM, "you will find IT in Orange Grove."
Old 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed this special because it was a tribute to Christine McVie. I loved the pre 1975 stuff cause a lot of info was new to me. After 1975 it kinda felt more like a Stevie Nicks tribute film I was watching. I was hoping all the focus would be on Chris.
Did anyone notice how they used the camera footage from an audience member when showing the return of Chris with Fleetwood Mac at the Ireland show? That was one of my favorite clips even before this special aired. Members of the entourage must have made their own films. I remember seeing Marty Holm standing on LB's side of the stage filming.But alas it was one of us who had the better clip!!
The Lindsey bashing was totally un-necessary for this film. I agree with other posters how this entire thing was designed to fit the current narrative.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can I see the documentary anywehere? I cant watch it on official BBC website, because Im not in the UK...

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wonder if a Lindsey/Christine album is even a possibility or if that bridge has been burned.
I read somewhere that he still loves them. If he really mean it, that includes Christine, that's for sure. I would love to see a new production of both together. It costs nothing to dream (actually I dreamed for years about Christine coming back to Fleetwood Mac, and that came true in 2014, though unfortunately it didn't last enough).
Old 10-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where can I view this program?

Does the show have much about Christine's early years, her time with Chicken Shack and her "Legendary Christine Perfect album"?

As for Chris reuniting with Lindsey for another album, wouldn't Lindsey's health status make this impossible?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Where can I view this program?

Does the show have much about Christine's early years, her time with Chicken Shack and her "Legendary Christine Perfect album"?

As for Chris reuniting with Lindsey for another album, wouldn't Lindsey's health status make this impossible?
well, his heart attack was end of January, so that part should be almost to normal.... and for his voice, collaboration where he has a singer should work, no?

i do think he's working on fixing his voice, and would probably like to get out his solo stuff first, if he gets at least some of his voice back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s more than a shame — it’s actually kind of embarrassing — that a big career retrospective on TV for Christine didn’t feature some big names. Where are all the big stars who have loved her music all these decades? Where’s McCartney? Phil Collins? Stevie Winwood? Clapton? Elton? They should be in a TV special like this one, praising Chris for her one-of-the-boys musicianship, pioneering spirit, and songwriting hooks. Why do all the superstars only come out for Stevie Nicks every f*cking time?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s more than a shame — it’s actually kind of embarrassing — that a big career retrospective on TV for Christine didn’t feature some big names. Where are all the big stars who have loved her music all these decades? Where’s McCartney? Phil Collins? Stevie Winwood? Clapton? Elton? They should be in a TV special like this one, praising Chris for her one-of-the-boys musicianship, pioneering spirit, and songwriting hooks. Why do all the superstars only come out for Stevie Nicks every f*cking time?
or any of her regular collaborators on stuff both for FM and her solo work like Richard Hawkins, or her nephew with whom she did a WHOLE ALBUM? And why FFS is that album soooo taboo for her to ever even mention?? Coz it didn't sell a zillion copies and that means it's too shameful to ever reference? Or Lindsey, with whom she did a whole album? (Ok maybe he couldn't talk during the time this was taped) But why shouldn't he get to compliment her and what it was like working with her for years? Oh.....Right. It was the Stevie Nicks PR show.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Look, at some point you get tired of carrying a girl’s books home from school and start resenting her for it. When the producer calls and asks if you want to participate, you’re just, “Light up or leave me alone.”

But you’re right. And why don’t other women call Christine a pioneer? I can see why young women romanticize about Stevie and her showmanship. In Stevie’s lyric speak to me as well.

Why aren’t Linda Ronstadt or Dolly Parton or the Dixie Chicks talking about Christine for her musicianship? That dame. People can’t get past Little Lies.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And why don’t other women call Christine a pioneer? .... Why aren’t Linda Ronstadt or Dolly Parton or the Dixie Chicks talking about Christine for her musicianship?
I completely, totally agree with this. I have been saying this for so many years. Even in the Fleetwood Mac fan community, Christine's musicianship gets overlooked and ignored. During the era of the late '60s to early '70s, years when she was with Chicken Shack, recording her first solo album, and her early years with Fleetwood Mac, she was in a category virtually by herself: a woman who sang lead, wrote her own songs, and played an instrument in a popular music band. How many others were there at the time?