Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Miley Cyrus - Stevie Fan

“The night we recorded it, she was in the studio with her boyfriend Liam,” he explains. “We were doing ‘Every Rose,’ and I played him the song. I’m a very freestyle singer. I’m one of those people who doesn’t have a strict pop method about how someone has to do something. And one of her idols, Stevie Nicks, who I’ve written and produced before, and she said ‘I love Stevie.’ I said, ‘try some stuff like Stevie does, try some low harmonies.’ The song is about an adult couple who have been hurt while trying to find love. That’s the lesson of the song, and she’s singing harmonies on it.”

He adds, “I was like ‘defend what?’ There’s nothing to defend. It wasn’t like it was a duet and we were singing to each other. It wasn’t like we were staring into each other’s eyes singing.”

Hm, does Miley like to create scandal?

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/03/br...9-miley-cyrus/

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ALICE COOPER To Guest On DAMON JOHNSON Album - Mar. 17, 2010

According to a posting on the ALICE COOPER fan site SickThingsUK, guitarist Damon Johnson is in the final stages of recording a new solo acoustic album, tentatively titled "Release". This will be his first solo effort since 2000's "Dust".

"There was a stack of songs sitting around that I felt I'd be proud to have a recorded version of me singing them," Damon says. "For all the different projects I've been involved in, the one thing they all have in common is great songs. It's been amazing to be able to collaborate and learn from all these great musicians and songwriters."

"Release" is being recorded at Kensington Road Studios in Birmingham, Alabama and will showcase a diverse array of material. There are a couple of songs that have been staples of Damon's live acoustic shows in recent years, like "Leave It All Behind" and "Every Day", which Stevie Nicks recorded a version of in 2001. Several songs will feature a full rhythm section accompaniment, and Damon's daughter Sarah duets with him on "Better Days Will Come At Last" and a cover of SHELBY LYNNE's "Where I'm From".

"I've lived in Birmingham since 1987," Damon says. "As I'm getting ready to move my family and start our new life in Nashville, this album is sort of a love letter to Alabama."

The new album will also contain a cover of Damon's favorite ALICE COOPER song, "Generation Landslide", featuring Alice himself on harmonica. "I've wanted Coop to add this song to the live set ever since I joined the band," Damon says. "The original version from 'Billion Dollar Babies' is centered around the acoustic guitar, and we've stayed true to that arrangement. We had a blast recording it."

The album will be mixed by Damon's longtime collaborator Kelly Gray, and should be completed by June 1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=136906
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ron Washington took greenies when he played
Thu Mar 18,2010 5:45 PM ET By Craig Calcaterra
Not that it's shocking or anything, but he did say so to ESPN's Pedro Gomez today.

Washington's cocaine use is obviously big news, but mining the man's past like this seems of little utility. As Washington notes, "amphetamines were prevalent throughout baseball" during his tenure. More so than even cocaine. I suppose it's one thing if someone finds out that he used to do lines with Stevie Nicks in the late 70s or something because that would show that he was being less then genuine yesterday, but a ballplayer doing greenies in the 70s and 80s is pretty much dog-bites-man, no?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...layed.html.php
Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gaga Hit With $35 Million Lawsuit

Posted on Thursday March 18, 2010 at 05:04 PM Add |
.A songwriter and music producer who claims credit for “creating” Lady Gaga, as well as for coming up with the idea of using a Stevie Nicks riff in Destiny’s Child’s 2001 hit “Bootylicious,” has filed a $35 million suit against the rapidly rising star in a Manhattan state court.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/a...18/714426.aspx

Last edited by vivfox; 03-18-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Stevie Nicks checks into hotels under the name Emily Dickinson.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/a...s/yb/142558216
So that makes :
Lily Chanel
Sara Anderson
Emily Dickinson
Old 03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
So that makes :
Lily Chanel
Sara Anderson
Emily Dickinson
And Kay Deloncray.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
. . . Stevie Nicks checks into hotels under the name Emily Dickinson.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/a...s/yb/142558216
Interesting. Puts me in mind of Gift of Screws.

Michele
Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone who know me knows that I am a devoted Stevie Nicks fan! Her poetic music and lyrics have always resonated with my soul. When I opened myself up to joining several Stevie facebook groups, my whole world and business changed! It all started with an invitation from a wonderful woman named Arlene Lewis to a private group, where I met the most gracious, sweet women! (and men!) Around the same time, I had designed a Stevie inspired wineglass for myself and done an oil pastel portrait of my muse as well. I posted them on the site, just to venture out, with no expectations and my business in turn took off. These wonderful women put my art store link in their news feeds without me asking, sent me orders and more compliments that my heart can probably contain! They told me they cried when they received my art, and they said they were my biggest fans! They encouraged me to put whimsical projects out there like top hats with brooches and feathers (which I will be doing soon!) They were honest enough to tell me that my prices are too low….(and they may be, but right now I am searching mostly for coins of confidence in my bank roll

I cannot say what it has meant to me to be able to embrace my adoration for Stevie Nicks through these women. (and I should note there are many men in the groups…so thank you to my Sisters and Brothers of the Moon)!! So thank you to Arlene, Robbin, Julie, Lisa, Jennifer, Alicia, Brooke, Diane, Joan, Kathy, Lily, Linda, Susan, Alan….and all my other Sister of the Moon facebook friends! They have allowed me the comfort of embracing what I truly love and being able to express it in my artwork. I should have known all along (to quote Stevie) that this is where I would be able to “pick up the pieces and go home.”

http://dreamalittledesigns.wordpress...-inspired-art/
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Goldfrapp's “Head First”: a joy to listen to « Blog.
By mbbarton
The synths have a melancholy early '80s effect, and there's a Tusk -era Stevie Nicks quality to the writing; if you can imagine Fleetwood Mac doing a The Visitors -type album in the early '80s, you might be close to working out what ...
Blog. - http://mbbarton.wordpress.com/
Old 03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't Come Around Here No More is the third track on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' 1985 album Southern Accents and one of Tom Petty's biggest hits. It was a collaboration with David A. Stewart of Eurythmics. The original inspiration was a romantic encounter that Stewart had with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. On The Howard Stern Show, Dave Stewart explained that the title's phrase was actually uttered by Stevie. She had broken up with Don Henley the night before, and invited Dave Stewart to her place for a party after an early Eurythmics show in L.A. Dave didn't know who she was at the time, but went anyway. When the party goers all disappeared to a bathroom for a couple of hours to snort cocaine, he decided to go upstairs to bed. He woke up at 5am to find Stevie Nicks in his room trying on Victorian clothing and described the entire scenario as very much reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland. Later that morning, she told Don Henley, "Don't come around here no more".

http://www.beingperfectishard.com/20...this-song.html
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheryl Crow feat. Keith Richards, Kid Rock & Stevie Nicks: Rocks ...
By ::Viva::
Guest Musicians: Keith Richards :: Stevie Nicks :: Kid Rock . Notes: A great sounding show featuring Sheryl Crow and some special guests. An interesting setlist that includes songs from many other artists. Tracks 8-10 feature Kid Rock, ...
Viva Les Bootlegs - http://vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com/
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your Tuesday Topic Dump, vol. 17 | Jeff Kay's West Virginia Surf ...
By Jeff
I saw Joe Walsh open for Stevie Nicks, and made my escape before the sheep bleating could commence. And in Atlanta I watched Squeeze open for Sting, and got the hell out of there. So, there's your question. Do with it what you will. ...
Jeff Kay's West Virginia Surf Report! - http://thewvsr.com/
Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yahoo Music got nostalgic because of the movie Hot Tub Machine and they discussed songs from that era, including TTM.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/get...-january-1986/

STEVIE NICKS, “TALK TO ME” .

Fleetwood Mac’s resident gypsy did just fine on her own in the ’80s, twirling in lace through eight Top 20 singles. The “Rock a Little” album found Stevie indulging her harder side on tracks like this; rarely has a drum machine been programmed with such gusto and force.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it just me or...are other people bothered that they somehow retain TOTALLY stupid and TOTALLY unimportant facts in their head? Like why the hell do I STILL remember that John's boss of a million years ago LOVED Stevie Nicks? It's totally annoying to INSTANTLY think of a man you barely ever knew EVERY TIME you hear Ms. Nicks on the radio. And why does my brain refuse to forget what graduation song the sister of a former friend of mine sang at her high school graduation? I don't even TALK to this former friend anymore let alone her sister. Damn stupid brain....

http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogs...orweek-21.html
Old 04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vegas Deluxe article about a SN tribute band.

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lux...ie-nicks-las-/

Contributing photographer Tom Donoghue was front and center for this photo gallery of Bella Donna at the Las Vegas Hilton on April 7. The eight-piece Los Angeles band, named after singer Stevie Nicks’ double-platinum CD, pays tribute to Stevie as a solo artist and in her career with Fleetwood Mac in the 1970s and ’80s.

Lead singer Michelle Tyler was surprised recently when Stevie herself went backstage to meet them. Several members of the audience were so enthusiastic about the band that they hopped onstage to dance out the finale at the Hilton.