User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For the record, "I" am the originator of Old Goat Breath.

You're welcome.
Trey Effing Parker deserves all “originality credit” on the whole goat thing in general. You just rearranged a new nickname

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Trey Effing Parker deserves all “originality credit” on the whole goat thing in general. You just rearranged a new nickname
"Bitter, party of one"
Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

At least Mick hasn't responded in kind to KB on Instagram. That's one thing we haven't seen yet, a Fleetwood Mac social media war.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
...as if she was going to say anything else in that situation?
So she hasn’t said anything to indicate she is looking forward to the new lineup, except for what she’s said, but what else is she going to say? Convenient argument, there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"Bitter, party of one"
Not bitter at all, just giving one of my all time favorite shows the credit for the goat.

And I’m regards to at least Fleetwood Mac, I’m probably the least bitter person on the board. I’m in shock at how well things have played out (much like Stevie I’m solely concearned with my happiness, and I don’t think either of us should be made to feel bad for that, at least in this particular situation. There are thousands of other scenarios wen others should be considered.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Not bitter at all, just giving one of my all time favorite shows the credit for the goat.

And I’m regards to at least Fleetwood Mac, I’m probably the least bitter person on the board. I’m in shock at how well things have played out (much like Stevie I’m solely concearned with my happiness, and I don’t think either of us should be made to feel bad for that, at least in this particular situation. There are thousands of other scenarios wen others should be considered.
We often disagreed. But, it scares me how much we agree lately.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Hopkins - you are one of the most longtime, respected posters on The Ledge. I think you actually like this Mac change. Your passive aggressive posts certainly hint a that. It is okay. Let the world know, you had grown tired of a Buckingham led Mac and are looking forward to the rebranded Mac.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed by or happy with who they brought in. But, I’m not happy about what happened. Still, I try to be objective and see all points of view. I just don’t dig the misrepresentation of the band as having some sort of evil conspiracy against Lindsey. It’s overly simplistic and ignores the history of the band.

Of everything I heard before it was made public, the one thing that has come out since is that there was some type of blowout between Stevie and Lindsey. While I don’t know what was said or what went down, I have every faith that it could have been ugly enough to have caused a permanent fracture between them. A choice apparently had to be made between the two, and they went with the one that made the most financial sense. I don’t agree with that decision, but I can’t fault it. And, as a fan, I’m not surprised by it (LBCM instead of Fleetwood Mac).

Am I tired of Lindsey? I think his production style is a little stale and I hate his stage banter, but at least he’s trying. I want him to study someone like Robert Pollard or Richard Thompson. Throw a little more caution to the wind.

As for Christine, she has always made a point to say she and Lindsey were never chums, that their relationship was mostly professional. Mick is like family to her and has been for 50 years or so, even when she was retired, while John was literally family. Her loyalty will always be with Mick and John, even if she disagrees with them. It’s unrealistic and unreasonable to expect something different from a 75 year old woman just getting back into what she loves, especially all they’ve gone through.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-09-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

As for Christine, she has always made a point to say she and Lindsey were never chums, that their relationship was mostly professional. Mick is like family to her and has been for 50 years or so, even when she was retired, while John was literally family. Her loyalty will always be with Mick and John, even if she disagrees with them. It’s unrealistic and unreasonable to expect something different from a 75 year old woman just getting back into what she loves, especially all they’ve gone through.
There's not enough information to determine, in my opinion. She might have signed an agreement w/ Fleetwood Mac upon her return. "you can come back, but it's not for a one off" One that Lindsey made clear he wanted. Who knows?

She may have called him after the firing. We just don't know.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There's not enough information to determine, in my opinion. She might have signed an agreement w/ Fleetwood Mac upon her return. "you can come back, but it's not for a one off" One that Lindsey made clear he wanted. Who knows?
She could have hit them with breach of contract. She wouldn’t have, though. Her loyalty is with Mick and John. What happened first, flying to Hawaii with Mick or sending Lindsey demos? Look at the liners on LBCM.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
She could have hit them with breach of contract. She wouldn’t have, though. Her loyalty is with Mick and John. What happened first, flying to Hawaii with Mick or sending Lindsey demos? Look at the liners on LBCM.
Well, regardless. She just came back to the band. This could very well be her last tour. Lindsey can't in good faith expect her to bail on his behalf. Especially, when it hardly involves her.

If she did(bail), I would faint of the goodness of that gesture. But, time is running out for her. That's her biggest priority. TIME (and not the album!)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-09-2018 at 09:50 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how we are branded as Stevie haters meanwhile most of us were her biggest fans, until she turned into the cringeworthy person she is now.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
At least Mick hasn't responded in kind to KB on Instagram. That's one thing we haven't seen yet, a Fleetwood Mac social media war.
Kristen: "@MickFleetwood--Care to explain why my husband was fired?"
Mick: "@KristenBuckingham--Well, we don't use that word because I think it's ugly."
Kristen: "@MickFleetwood--You think that's an ugly word? Here I've got another one for you: ....mother f**er!"
Mick: "@KristenBuckingham--Well I never. In all my years of rock n roll, I've never heard such ugly language. I'm glad we fired your husband."
Mick: "Oops. How do I delete a tweet?"
Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I love how we are branded as Stevie haters meanwhile most of us were her biggest fans, until she turned into the cringeworthy person she is now.
How do you think it feels to be branded a Stevie lover when we were cringing at her back in the ‘90s?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Exactly. They can't see how much $he'$ changed. Completely for the wor$e.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed by or happy with who they brought in.
To me, these choices were insult to injury.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.