User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
We’ve only heard 50% of it yet and there will be a heck of a lot more if it’s disputed.

If it was Mick with the idea of replacing John, did the rest know or was it just discussed with Lindsey and its included within this document to make sure that the remaining band members now know and to cause undoubted friction and issues of trust? Or whoever it was for that matter.
That was my idea too. I wonder if John knows. This could be a tactic to bring John to Lindsey's side. And Christine, for that matter, who has clearly been fighting with that idea for a long time, if what Lindsey's telling about her fragile state is true.

It's gonna be an interesting show tomorrow night....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.
My guess would also be Mick but it doesn’t matter who.. it just shows what these people are truly like.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It’s a gripping read. Only John wrote back...
So, basically, the radio silence is coming from management and legal, probably in anticipation of the lawsuit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

At least this sad, ugly ordeal will bring out everything that happened- if there is more to the story. If there was something that Lindsey did other than have some disagreements over the tour that got resolved and smirking, it will come out. My guess is that he didn’t do anything horrible because he wouldn’t have sued if he did.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, basically, the radio silence is coming from management and legal, probably in anticipation of the lawsuit.
Exactly--I don't think anyone is surprised there's a lawsuit. I am surprised it took so long to file.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
At least this sad, ugly ordeal will bring out everything that happened- if there is more to the story. If there was something that Lindsey did other than have some disagreements over the tour that got resolved and smirking, it will come out. My guess is that he didn’t do anything horrible because he wouldn’t have sued if he did.
I think it’s related to the Classic shows, and I think it’s a management decision. Nothing about what Stevie supposedly said would be a fireable offense, however, I think management used that to justify his firing. Honestly, if he didn’t sign a contract for the tour, his oral agreement probably won’t hold up.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against Fleetwood Mac - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles Superior Court

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...-Mac-Complaint

The whole document is there including the email sent from LB to MF, finishing with the words “I love you all no matter what. Lindsey “

It mentions that he received only two cryptic written responses but strangely enough these are not included as exhibits. I’m Assuming that they think that gives them chance to make a settlement without further detailed mess. But it’s already a sorry affair.
this drahmah is better than Days of Our Lives ...

ETA: what's this Stevie only wanted 3 shows a week nonsense? if Lindsey wanted to concurrently tour solo ... there would have been FOUR days a week for him to do that.
seems like that would have been a reasonable suggestion. if they were doing FIVE shows a week ...well that would be different. i thought this could be Stevie being generous BUT it seems more like she wanted to prolong the tour for sooooooooooo looooooong so lindsey COULDNT tour solo faster? WTH

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-11-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's interesting that per the document no one in Stevie's management had mentioned to her that LB was asking to do solo shows in between Mac shows.

Makes you wonder if she finally got told right before the Musicares event and was already pissed at him when she found out., adding to her displeasure.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.
Not at all. "In 1981 I released my first solo album...Tom Petty...and Tom Petty....and Tom....and Mike...and Tom Petty...and Don Henley...and Tom....and Sheryl Crow....and then Tom died..."

She's going to ride the Petty train for as long as she can.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
i am SO happy
i am twirling in my living room EVERY night
i couldn't have done it without my belief in myself
i am so happy to be here. with no help from anybody.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.
Mick

I mean c'mon...who wouldnt kick their best mate out of the band & to the curb and try and replace him with another bass player, all the while when he is critically ill with cancer.......seems normal to me
Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't wait to see Fleetwood Mac's response.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I can't wait to see Fleetwood Mac's response.
On that we both agree.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been keeping up with the twists and turns via the Ledge, but haven't commented since the initial ousting because frankly this whole saga is EXHAUSTING and my life is tiring enough. But this, I could not let pass without throwing my thoughts into the ring.

Given what we know about Christine's life prior to rejoining the band-- the seclusion, the depression, the phobias, the drinking-- I've no doubt she's in a fragile state over all of this, as Lindsey's email alludes to. But it is past time for her to put her big girl pants on and have some serious, long chats with her therapist over why it is she feels fragile. Guilt, perhaps?

I don't for a second think she cares about what Stevie wants. I think the only person she cares about in this equation is Mick, and that's because she erroneously believes Mick would do anything for her, so she's prepared to do anything for him. If it's true that he was the one who wanted to replace John, I hope that is enough of a wake up call for her to stop letting him lead her down the garden path. Because the truth is that he would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.

I really thought this whole sh*tshow could not make me any more disgusted than I was last spring. I should never have doubted Fleetwood Mac's ability to astound and amaze, because I am 100% more nauseous now.