User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
before every Fleetwood Mac tour she would say she and Lindsey had a sit down and worked on their relationship.

What the hell happened? This is just beyond sad. I love Stevie, but I have no reason not to believe Lindsey. He seems very honest in this article. I'm really broken hearted over this.
I don’t think he is lying, I think he is telling his side of the story that makes him look the best...same way someone posted that Stevie will do when she speaks out.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
then SHE should leave the band. Go do you time on solo tours and solo albums if that's what makes you happy. Why rip apart the band when YOU are the ONE who is unhappy???

see my quote above. totally agree.

wth else is she going to say in the press?? she's going to say the politically correct thing so she looks like a good sport. doesn't mean she means it.
Why should she leave? She gets along well enough with the rest of the band.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

via GIPHY

Old 10-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

My problem with this is that:

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. All are guilty here!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The smirking thing was just one part of what upset her, according to the article. She was probably annoyed at Chris and Mick, but Lindsey doing it was just one more thing on that list that sent her over the edge.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. All are guilty here!
I think maybe 40 years of them not taking her seriously might have come to a head for her. I don't think that was the only reason though.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-10-2018 at 09:57 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Not to mention they probably begged her not to. At least Mick anyway...
Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think maybe 40 years of them not taking her seriously might have come to a head for her. I don't think that was the only reason tough.
oh I think after 1981 they began taking her very seriously. especially because at that point, not only had she out-succeeded them, she had a ferocious management team who began DEMANDING better treatment for her.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DOES SHE?
or does she just control them better?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I've said before, I wish she would have left. It would've been better for her love of her solo career, and I think Lindsey would probably have been happy to stay on without her.

Jamie
Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie herself makes fun of the fact in the speech that she talks too much.

If this is a major reason for her firing Lindsey, that is beyond petty.

They were all making fun of the length of the speech. She needed a better excuse than that.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t buy the BuckVie jealously because she could have changed her mind when she saw them actually go into the studio...and she has plenty of material if new songs were not ready. The record company would definitely have put the pressure on to wait for her if she really wanted to do it, and that power would have stroked her ego.

I think she just cannot take him any longer.
Sorry but the Buckingham McVie argument just doesn’t hold up. If she is the spoiled little bitch you try to make her out to be then she would not be speaking to Christine either. And Christine stayed with the band. If Christine and Lindsey were so buddy buddy and then they would’ve bonded together and pushed Stevie out of the band. I am so tired of talking about this. I’m sure the people bashing her on Twitter mostly belong to this board.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

My bet is that he is using this as an excuse. He did something else backstage or just tell her when they were by themselves and that pushed her over the edge. He will never admit it. I really hope Steve he comes out and tells her side because petty little Lindsey just wants attention attention attention.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
My bet is that he is using this as an excuse. He did something else backstage or just tell her when they were by themselves and that pushed her over the edge. He will never admit it. I really hope Steve he comes out and tells her side because petty little Lindsey just wants attention attention attention.
I too would like Stevie to come forth with her side of the story. Both are guilty of toxic behavior. The truth falls somewhere in between.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
You’re joking right? He was the one whowas fired not her. I know it’s hard for you to see it but she has become an insufferable POS