The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Was Lindsey really fired for no reason?

Do we really believe Lindsey was fired for no reason? I mean think about it. We all know how much Mick loves money. There was so much more money to be made with Lindsey in the band. And all the other four know how important Lindsey is to the Mac sound. Not to mention hiring two replacements would cost twice as much as just keeping Lindsey.

I don't disagree that it was unfair to fire Lindsey after all he has done for the band, but do you honestly believe they would do it for no reason?
Old 08-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Do we really believe Lindsey was fired for no reason? I mean think about it. We all know how much Mick loves money. There was so much more money to be made with Lindsey in the band. And all the other four know how important Lindsey is to the Mac sound. Not to mention hiring two replacements would cost twice as much as just keeping Lindsey.

I don't disagree that it was unfair to fire Lindsey after all he has done for the band, but do you honestly believe they would do it for no reason?
No one is saying there was no reason. They are saying that the reason is that Stevie threatened to quit the band otherwise.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
No one is saying there was no reason. They are saying that the reason is that Stevie threatened to quit the band otherwise.
And there has been so much "smoke and mirrors" aka "lying" (Anthony Mason interview, followed by various walk backs by Mick in the press).......narcissicism is alive and well with this bunch, thats for sure!
Old 08-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree something happened. He wasn't fired for no reason. There was a terrible fight between Stevie and Lindsey and Mick sided with Stevie. At least we are finding out more of the truth as time goes on. Thanks to Lindsey's wife. LOL.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I agree something happened. He wasn't fired for no reason. There was a terrible fight between Stevie and Lindsey and Mick sided with Stevie. At least we are finding out more of the truth as time goes on. Thanks to Lindsey's wife. LOL.
no, we assumed there was a fight. what we are finding out thanks to Lindsey's wife is that this has been in the works for a long time, Stevie wanted Lindsey out and Mick helped her make it happen, right after they all dispersed after Musicares.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There was so less money if Stevie wasn't in the band. With her ultimatum of him or me, which is what I believe happened, there would be more money with Stevie in the band minus Lindsey, than Lindsey in the band without Stevie. The Lindsey AND Stevie equation was left in her basement.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whatever actually happened (an ugly word exchange, a physical altercation, a threat, an ultimatum...) we aren’t privy to it. We all know the official line Mick’s given the press is bs, but we don’t know what he’s holding back or why. Is he hiding his and Stevie’s shameful behavior of is he protecting Lindsey from bad press? My guess is the former since if it were the latter Kristin would likely be far more tight-lipped about her feelings.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hiring two replacements wouldn't cost twice as much. Who knows, they might even be paying even less to those two.
I don't think money ever really came into consideration other than Mick nearly having a heart attack when Stevie threatened not to tour. This is Mick's last big payday.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hiring two replacements wouldn't cost twice as much. Who knows, they might even be paying even less to those two.
I doubt that. These guys aren’t like the 87-95 folks. Why would they do this for less than what they could make outside of the band? They aren’t up and comers, sidemen, or washed up/burned out has-beens.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
There was so less money if Stevie wasn't in the band. With her ultimatum of him or me, which is what I believe happened, there would be more money with Stevie in the band minus Lindsey, than Lindsey in the band without Stevie. The Lindsey AND Stevie equation was left in her basement.
I can only reach the same conclusion. Probably Mick just concluded there was more to lose without SN than without LB which is quite likely why he didn't just do what I was hoping and dismiss her and make BuckVie an official Mac album.

But the truth is this has been burgeoning for years. The real tragedy for me is that it took this long to get to this point, unlike say Deep Purple whose own classic line-up reunion at least had four albums of coming and going before it reached ultimatum time between Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe that Mick fired the guitarist for having an affair with his — Mick's — wife.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I can only reach the same conclusion. Probably Mick just concluded there was more to lose without SN than without LB which is quite likely why he didn't just do what I was hoping and dismiss her and make BuckVie an official Mac album.
I think it’s more complex than that. Whatever the fallout was, dates were likely already booked, so it was a matter of which situation loses the less money. Not just for the band, but also for the promoters who book the shows.

Make no mistake, Mick understands that this won’t be as big a tour without the full classic lineup, regardless of the pedigree of the current lineup. Mike Campbell and Neil Finn will certainly make up for some of the loss of Lindsey fans and fans of just that lineup in a way that Billy Burnette and Rick Vito couldn’t, but it will still be less profitable than with the full lineup.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Ledgie

My thinking is that Lindsey wanted to postpone the FM tour so he could do his shows first. Of course, Stevie cannot do anything which would accommodate Lindsey and pitched a fit. Lindsey called bs since Stevie has dictated the band's touring and recording schedule many times in the past with no repercussions. Lindsey probably blew a gasket and finally let out everything he has wanted to say to her for the past several years. And here we are.

More and more I am wishing the Rumours lineup had just called it a day after The Dance tour. It seems like that was the last time they were even close to being on the same page as a band.