The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Mario Mario is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Acqui Terme (AL) Italy
Posts: 379
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, Mario - and thank you very much for saving it for posterity! -that sounds exactly like the bits of film I saw on Youtube. And yes, PG was wearing some kaftan-like blouse with a square neck and short sleeves, that is also on the cover of the Guitar Hero CD.

The film bit from in front of the house in Richmond seemed to me to be from around 1988, but I am not expert enough to be really sure. I must admit that watching it, I found it very wrong to film somebody/anybody (in this case PG) without their knowledge or consent, which was obviously the case here.

I wonder why some clips disappear from Youtube? A while back a clip of PG and Splintergroup from the ninetees - playing a version of Green Manalishi was taken of. It was not the version from the DVD "An Evening with...", and it was very good!
I don't quite understand which clips violate copyrights or whatever it is called in the music business, and which one that don't.

Who is this R. Jim Greaves?

Ms Moose
Ok,
question n.one: I'm pretty sure clips disappear from Youtube for legal reasons;
I don't want to be involved in these delicate stuff, but PGO really rules Greeny's life.

question n.two: R.Jim Greaves is a blues expert and PG fan, who wrote the Greeny Sessionography for the first edition of the Martin Celmins book.

He currently writes for the montly magazine "Blues In Britain" and he is one who would be great to have at the Ledge Board!

Cheers,

Mario.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Ms Moose Ms Moose is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Ok,
question n.one: I'm pretty sure clips disappear from Youtube for legal reasons;
I don't want to be involved in these delicate stuff, but PGO really rules Greeny's life.

question n.two: R.Jim Greaves is a blues expert and PG fan, who wrote the Greeny Sessionography for the first edition of the Martin Celmins book.

He currently writes for the montly magazine "Blues In Britain" and he is one who would be great to have at the Ledge Board!

Cheers,

Mario.
Off course it might be because of the PGO "thing" in his case. I hadn't thought about that (say no more....)

A lot of effort and knowledge seems to go into those sessionographies, very admirable.

Thanks for the information about R. Jim Greaves.
I wonder if he knows about The Ledge at all?


Ms Moose
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Ms Moose Ms Moose is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 489
Default Fleetwood Mac at 21 - again...

Here is about 9 minutes from Fleetwood Mac at 21 - the Peter Green era - that has just come up on Youtube. There is a very short piece of the aforementioned interview with Peter Green right at the end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxqTdeofO0

Unfortunately there are no new music footage, but a very talkative John McVie. Still great that people post these things. Maybe someday something new will turn up - hopefully!

Ms Moose
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
dino dino is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Here is about 9 minutes from Fleetwood Mac at 21 - the Peter Green era - that has just come up on Youtube. There is a very short piece of the aforementioned interview with Peter Green right at the end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxqTdeofO0

Unfortunately there are no new music footage, but a very talkative John McVie. Still great that people post these things. Maybe someday something new will turn up - hopefully!

Ms Moose
Thanks for the heads-up!
Peter looks quite together and healthy in that interview from '81,
not like a few years later. He played well in that period too - witness
the "White sky" album and his guest spot on Brian McKnight's album.

Is there an Green interview from '88 in the doc also,
or just footage of him outside the house in Richmond?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Ms Moose Ms Moose is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Is there an Green interview from '88 in the doc also,
or just footage of him outside the house in Richmond?
I don't think so - but then again I have never seen the whole programme which runs 60 minutes.
Mario has seen the programme so he might know?

Ms Moose
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Wouter Vuijk's Avatar
Wouter Vuijk Wouter Vuijk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Here is about 9 minutes from Fleetwood Mac at 21 - the Peter Green era - that has just come up on Youtube. There is a very short piece of the aforementioned interview with Peter Green right at the end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxqTdeofO0

Unfortunately there are no new music footage, but a very talkative John McVie. Still great that people post these things. Maybe someday something new will turn up - hopefully!

Ms Moose
Thanks, it made me look around a little more and then I discovered....:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpjP...eature=related
Fleetwoood Mac with Paul Butterfield at the Caroussel Ballroom. A complete different version from what I have. Did Paul fit in more than once?
Anyway, this version is longer than mine, and has a MUCH better sound quality.
Anymore of this quality from the Ballroom venues???

Wouter
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
sharksfan2000's Avatar
sharksfan2000 sharksfan2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 980
Default

Wow, this is a great find, Wouter! Must have come from a different night at the Carousel or another set from the same night. Wonder where this audio clip came from?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:05 PM
zoork_1 zoork_1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
[...]...this version is longer than mine, and has a MUCH better sound quality.
Anymore of this quality from the Ballroom venues???
I believe most of the songs from the last show (1968-06-09?) is of this quality. I think they're on "Helsinki Carousel".......

/z
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Ms Moose Ms Moose is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
I believe most of the songs from the last show (1968-06-09?) is of this quality. I think they're on "Helsinki Carousel".......

/z
I am sorry about being a hopeless ignorant , but what is "Helsinki Carousel"?

If it is a recording of some sort - where can I buy it?

Ms Moose
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Wouter Vuijk's Avatar
Wouter Vuijk Wouter Vuijk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I am sorry about being a hopeless ignorant , but what is "Helsinki Carousel"?

If it is a recording of some sort - where can I buy it?

Ms Moose
I'm sorry I don't have it . You wouldn't have to buy it from me. Personally I don't feel much for "Ledgies" selling material to each other. Any body want something from me I give it for free, knowing they are as fond as I am for this particular music. Most stuff I got for free as well, although I had to buy some which I could have got for free or just for trade.

BTW I am interested in more information (tracks?) and/or copy of this Helsinki Carousel.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Ms Moose Ms Moose is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 489
Default Ah-h - The Wonderful World of Ledgies

Thank you very much for the information Wouter. I am rather new to all this, and I didn't know that Ledgies bought material from one another. I have noticed though - from reading the other threads - that sometimes ledgies help others get copies of stuff and they ask for them to send a private mail. I didn't know about the actual transactions.

(I just recieved "Live at the BBC" from Amazon this morning - this is just about the level I am at! - compared to all you hard-core collectors )

I think you are right though - in principal - if you get something for free yourself, you should also pass it on for free. I would do that myself. Also you know how much other ledgies appreciate the music - and the is what The Ledge is all about.

Getting to know about all the bootleg concert tapes and being able to download all these concert things is new to me too. And very exciting, because I think Fleetwood Mac were brilliant live. Until now I have two vinyl records that don't seem too official. One is called "London 68" and I think it might be from a gig at Regent Street Polytechnic, London (with some help from Hiorts book), and another one called "Oh Well", which is assorted numbers from different (?) concerts. Absolutely no sleevenotes.

I would of course also be interested in "Helsinki Carousel" - which - I presume, is a specific concert recording - from whatever set - from Carousel Ballroom, San Francisco, june 1968.

There is actually another thread about this specific event in the Pre-rumours section.

Ms Moose
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
kowk's Avatar
kowk kowk is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Stalowa Wola, Poland
Posts: 224
Default Helsinki Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
BTW I am interested in more information (tracks?) and/or copy of this Helsinki Carousel.
Here are some details from http://www.fmlegacy.com/FMunoffalbums.htm:

Helsinki Carousel
Disc One:*
1.Madison Blues
2.My Baby's Gone
3.Skin and Bone
4.Worried Dream
5.I Believe My Time Ain't Long
6.Got To Move
7.Trying So Hard To Forget
8.Jam
9.Have You Ever Loved A Woman
10.Lazy Poker Blues
11.Stop Messin' Round
12.I Love Another Woman
13.I Believe I'll Go Back Home

Disc Two:
1.The Sun Is Shining*
2.Long Tall Sally*
3.Willie and The Hand Jive*
4.Tutti Frutti*
5.Reddy Teddy*
6.Homework+
7.Man Of The World+
8.Like It This Way+
9.Only You+
10.Dust My Broom+
11.Stranger Blues+
12.Got A Mind To Give Up Living+
13.Oh Well+
14.Coming Your Way+
15.Shake Your Moneymaker+
16. Albatross+
17.Great Balls Of Fire+
18.Jenny Jenny+

*All of Disc I and Disc II Tracks 1-5 were recorded at the Carousel Ballroom in San Francisco, June 1968

+Disc II Tracks 6-18 were recorded in Helsinki, Finland in the Spring of 1969


The tracks * are very similiar to tracks you can download from:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=89993

Fleetwood Mac
June 9, 1968 plus another partial set from the same run of shows (June 7 or 8, 1968).
Carousel Ballroom
San Francisco, CA

Excellent stereo soundboard recording

CD#1 60:55
June 9, 1968 first set
01 [cuts in] Madison Blues 4:31
02 My Baby’s Gone 6:00
03 My Baby’s Skinny 4:48
04 Worried Dream 9:57
05 Dust My Broom 4:32
06 Got To Move 3:00
07 Worried Mind 4:41
08 instrumental 10:29
09 Have You Ever Loved A Woman? 7:58
10 Lazy Poker Blues 4:49

CD#2 55:38
June 9, 1968 second set 36:44
01 [cuts in] Stop Messin’ ‘Round [with Paul Butterfield] 2:12
02 I Loved Another Woman [with Paul Butterfield] 7:03
03 I Believe [with Paul Butterfield] 5:17
04 The Sun Is Shining [with Paul Butterfield] 6:27
05 Long Tall Sally [with Paul Butterfield] 4:53
06 Willie & The Hand Jive 4:04
07 > Tuti Frutti 3:02
08 thanks by Peter Green, announcer band intros + crowd noise before encore 0:32
09 Ready Teddy [cut] 3:16

June 7 or 8, 1968 S.F. Carousel Ballroom 18:52
10 [cuts in] I Need Your Love So Bad 1:46
11 I Believe 4:59
12 Shake Your Moneymaker 9:12
13 Ready Teddy 2:30
14 Peter Green says thanks, announcer outro + crowd noise 0:19

Peter Green - guitar, vocals
John McVie - bass
Mick Fleetwood - drums
Jeremy Spencer - guitar, vocals
Paul Butterfield - harp (where noted)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:44 AM
sharksfan2000's Avatar
sharksfan2000 sharksfan2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 980
Default

Thanks for posting all that info, kowk. A 2-disc bootleg of that June '68 Carousel Ballroom show has been around for a number of years, and a boot of the Helsinki show has been around for awhile too. I always assumed the more recent Helsinki Carousel collection was just a combination of tracks from those two earlier boots, but if that version of "I Loved Another Woman" does come from Helsinki Carousel then maybe I was wrong and there are some different tracks on there as well.

There's actually a nice review of Helsinki Carousel by well-known music reviewer Richie Unterberger on this webpage: http://www.richieunterberger.com/summer2004albums.html
Also check out his review of another Mac boot, Dead Bust Blues, from New Orleans in early 1970.

I see that Helsinki Carousel is sold by some places that do sell bootlegs - for example, Saturn Records shows it if you search under "fleetwood mac": http://www.saturnrecords.com/
It may well be available for download from someplace too, I haven't checked.

I don't have Helsinki Carousel myself - are there other Ledgies who might have it who can confirm whether the YouTube clip of "I Loved Another Woman" that Wouter linked to is from Helsinki Carousel? If it isn't, I'd sure like to find out where it did come from!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Karl-Heinz's Avatar
Karl-Heinz Karl-Heinz is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
The tracks * are very similiar to tracks you can download from:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=89993

Fleetwood Mac
June 9, 1968 plus another partial set from the same run of shows (June 7 or 8, 1968).
Carousel Ballroom
San Francisco, CA

Excellent stereo soundboard recording

CD#1 60:55
June 9, 1968 first set
01 [cuts in] Madison Blues 4:31
02 My Baby’s Gone 6:00
03 My Baby’s Skinny 4:48
04 Worried Dream 9:57
05 Dust My Broom 4:32
06 Got To Move 3:00
07 Worried Mind 4:41
08 instrumental 10:29
09 Have You Ever Loved A Woman? 7:58
10 Lazy Poker Blues 4:49

CD#2 55:38
June 9, 1968 second set 36:44
01 [cuts in] Stop Messin’ ‘Round [with Paul Butterfield] 2:12
02 I Loved Another Woman [with Paul Butterfield] 7:03
03 I Believe [with Paul Butterfield] 5:17
04 The Sun Is Shining [with Paul Butterfield] 6:27
05 Long Tall Sally [with Paul Butterfield] 4:53
06 Willie & The Hand Jive 4:04
07 > Tuti Frutti 3:02
08 thanks by Peter Green, announcer band intros + crowd noise before encore 0:32
09 Ready Teddy [cut] 3:16

June 7 or 8, 1968 S.F. Carousel Ballroom 18:52
10 [cuts in] I Need Your Love So Bad 1:46
11 I Believe 4:59
12 Shake Your Moneymaker 9:12
13 Ready Teddy 2:30
14 Peter Green says thanks, announcer outro + crowd noise 0:19

Peter Green - guitar, vocals
John McVie - bass
Mick Fleetwood - drums
Jeremy Spencer - guitar, vocals
Paul Butterfield - harp (where noted)
Also available here

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/
__________________
Truckin' got my chips cashed in,
I'm truckin', like the Doodyman
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-21-2008, 02:57 PM
zoork_1 zoork_1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
[...]...I am interested in more information (tracks?) and/or....

Tried to send a message but....

/z
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood MICK FLEETWOOD Signed "Bare Trees" Vinyl, LP Fleetwood Mac psa/dna #ad60172
$200.0
MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks pictureSomething Big * by Mick Fleetwood Band (CD, 2004, Tallman) Signed
$149.99
Something Big * by Mick Fleetwood Band (CD, 2004, Tallman) Signed picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved