Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mason Premieres Dear Mr. Fantasy

L.A. com "Posted: 04/15/2014 11:24:12 AM PDT

http://www.la.com/music/ci_25570303/...asy?source=rss

DAVE MASON Premieres New Version Of "Dear Mr. Fantasy"
DAVE MASON--Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and TRAFFIC co-founding member--premiered the first track “Dear Mr. Fantasy” from his new album, FUTURE’S PAST (Something Music/MRI) on USATODAY.com Friday (4/11). FUTURE’S PAST--available everywhere May 13--features new versions of his classic songs plus new material that MASON has written and performed on tour over the last few years.

Listen to the re-interpreted version of “Dear Mr. Fantasy” here: http://tinyurl.com/nl3entb.

Fans can help market and promote FUTURE’S PAST through MASON’s Pledge Music Campaign. Pledgers not only receive the expanded new album package but also exclusive updates directly from MASON. There are a wide range of exclusive items, from signed vinyl to articles of clothing direct from Dave’s personal wardrobe, even some unique photos from MASON’s past.

Renowned for such Traffic hits as “Feelin’ Alright” (covered by Joe Cocker) and “Hole In My Shoe” plus his solo signature tracks “We Just Disagree” and “Only You Know and I Know,” MASON’s acclaimed solo career continues to flourish as he tours the U.S. with his new project billed as “DAVE MASON’S TRAFFIC JAM.” DAVE is earning accolades on the road for the TRAFFIC JAM tour which kicked off January 3 in Atlantic City, NJ and will continue through the rest of the year with new dates soon to be announced. MASON has been touring and recording regularly since he co-founded Traffic in 1966, after which he went on to a successful and acclaimed solo career as well as recording and/or touring with artists including Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, George Harrison, Delaney & Bonnie, Graham Nash, Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh, Fleetwood Mac and more. For the most updated list of tour dates and tickets, please visit: www.davemasonmusic.com/tour.

Tracklisting for Future’s Past:

Dear Mr. Fantasy
World In Changes
You Can All Join In
As Sad And As Deep As You
Good 2 U
El Toro (Spanish Blues)
Come On In My Kitchen
How Do I Get To Heaven
That's Freedom

For lyrics and all credits, visit: www.davemasonmusic.com/fp
Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
MASON’s acclaimed solo career continues to flourish
Dear Mr Mason, your acclaimed solo career is built on stuff you did 40 years ago. We know you CAN write and perform NEW songs, so please stop living in the past and just do it. I don't need ANOTHER album where you rehash your old stuff. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Registered

Wow! The New Dear Mr. Fantasy Is Amazing!

https://soundcloud.com/dave-mason/dear-mr-fantasy
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what annoys me about Dave Mason. He is a brilliant guitar player, he has a great voice that has only got better with age, he can really rock, he looks far damn cooler than most artists of his age and he is deeply involved with several charities YET he just doesn't produce NEW music. Time and time again he has released albums that are just him singing various versions of his songs.

We have Live At Perkins Palace, Live At Sunrise, Certified Live, Live on XM Radio, 40,000 Headmen Tour and Dave Mason is Alive and that's just the live albums I can think of. All of them pretty much repeating the same songs over and over again. Hence I have 11 versions of Feelin' Alright by him.

Take a listen to 26 Letters, 12 Notes (one of the best albums of 2008, I think we also got Blue Again and Jeremy Spencer In Session that year) and you can see that Dave can still produce good new music...

The link posted to the rehashed Dear Mr Fantasy is yes, a great track, he sounds great, he rocks and all that. I just wish he put out albums of new material instead of tacking a couple of new tracks on the end of songs we've all heard before.

Last edited by chriskisn; 04-17-2014 at 08:23 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean, come on, you can't much cooler than this

Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if there will be a Dear Mr. Fantasy /Miss fantasy mash up???