Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Manchester By the Sea

so this film has been getting great reviews... So me and my brother went to see it because of all the great reviews and awards it's been nominated for.

So we kind of liked it but let me tell you, it unfolds at a snails pace, there is hardly any plot, and the ending is open ended. It's one of those movies where the film maker is full of himself. Scenes are extended over nothing - bouncing balls, unsignificant dialogue, just extra crap we don't need. Even though we kind of liked it, we felt it was wasting our time.

Casey Affleck definitely did a great job and probably deserves to win the oscar. Michelle Williams does not deserve to be nominated. She is barely in the movie.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
so this film has been getting great reviews... So me and my brother went to see it because of all the great reviews and awards it's been nominated for.

So we kind of liked it but let me tell you, it unfolds at a snails pace, there is hardly any plot, and the ending is open ended. It's one of those movies where the film maker is full of himself. Scenes are extended over nothing - bouncing balls, unsignificant dialogue, just extra crap we don't need. Even though we kind of liked it, we felt it was wasting our time.

Casey Affleck definitely did a great job and probably deserves to win the oscar. Michelle Williams does not deserve to be nominated. She is barely in the movie.
really I liked it aside from it being the feel good movie of the year

it is not for anyone who enjoys big budget Hollywood movies aimed at teen-aged boys

it is the story of a family and the struggles and turmoil because of the action of one and how it effects all of them just a slice of life Michelle Williams was amazing tell me you did not cry

Plus I have a small part ( no lines ) in it

Last edited by olive; 12-22-2016 at 10:35 AM..
Old 12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
really I liked it aside from it being the feel good movie of the year

it is not for anyone who enjoys big budget Hollywood movies aimed at teen-aged boys

it is the story of a family and the struggles and turmoil because of the action of one and how it effects all of them just a slice of life Michelle Williams was amazing tell me you did not cry

Plus I have a small part ( no lines ) in it
I thought it was very good. I did cry several times during the movie, but the part that got me the most was when Lucas Hedges breaks down at the freezer. By that part I had sort of forgotten the conversation that happened earlier (don't want to post a spoiler). Then when Casey Affleck finally gets him to talk and he explains why he was upset it really hit me.

I think the movie did an excellent job of showing the impact of loss on different people.