User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lies, fairy tales, fallacies...Lindsey is serious, but he can be quite funny as well. I mean, look at the rapport he had with Brett on his past tours! And as far as no one adoring him, I'm done. I don't think I even need to acknowledge such ridiculousness.
& by the way - have missed you Nico!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought the interviewer was as much to blame as Stevie, he seemed to be feeding her the lines by being very negative about Lindsey.

The audience were annoying too (apologies if anyone from here attended!) they seemed to be laughing along with her when she was putting him down

Lindsey seems far happier and relaxed these days than he ever has anyways.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

The audience were annoying too (apologies if anyone from here attended!) they seemed to be laughing along with her when she was putting him down
Yes, that's true. She was getting laughs, so that encouraged her to go along in that vein. Dee was correct in saying the Bob Dylan line had punch to it when DR came out and so that's probably why she repeats it.

Lindsey does the same thing when he gets a laugh. He repeats the comment, but they aren't comments containing zingers about her.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
& by the way - have missed you Nico!!!
Awww... Thank you! I missed all you guys too. I always do appreciate the drama that ensues with these two, though. It's never boring and always kind of endearing, despite how each one of us reacts. I definitely think Stevie was meaning to be more affectionate towards Lindsey, but sometimes I just can't quite get the Stevie-speak.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Awww... Thank you! I missed all you guys too. I always do appreciate the drama that ensues with these two, though. It's never boring and always kind of endearing, despite how each one of us reacts. I definitely think Stevie was meaning to be more affectionate towards Lindsey, but sometimes I just can't quite get the Stevie-speak.
I don't. I think she swithches back and forth every couple years between adoring him and hating him...and always as publicly as possible. I just suffered through the whole hour long video and she bashes him beginning to end.

She said at least she didn't HATE Dave (as opposed to Lindsey)
She said she didn't want to tell Lindsey what he was doing was stupid.
She said Dave (as opposed to Lindsey) understands women because he has two daughters (same thing she said ABOUT Lindsey just a few years ago).
She said she told Lindsey he could add a few chords here and there but nothing else! Are you kidding me?! Let's take Lindsey's parts out of Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Dreams, Landslide, etc. No riffs. No counter-melodies. No harmonies that he comes up with. Um, he's done more with her songs than add a few chords
Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, that's true. She was getting laughs, so that encouraged her to go along in that vein. Dee was correct in saying the Bob Dylan line had punch to it when DR came out and so that's probably why she repeats it.

Lindsey does the same thing when he gets a laugh. He repeats the comment, but they aren't comments containing zingers about her.

Michele
Speaking of the Bob Dylan thing (again! ) ... did you catch her Michele in this interview when they were discussing this and she must have been quoting a new song? "I think that, you know on 'It's alright ma, I'm only dying' that you should like say, 'It's alright Ma - you're only dying.'"

This reminds me of the song I thought I heard before Lindsey's show in Atlanta...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of the Bob Dylan thing (again! ) ... did you catch her Michele in this interview when they were discussing this and she must have been quoting a new song? "I think that, you know on 'It's alright ma, I'm only dying' that you should like say, 'It's alright Ma - you're only dying.'"

This reminds me of the song I thought I heard before Lindsey's show in Atlanta...
it's not a bob dylan song?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Which leads to "...it had to come from somewhere?" Maybe her own mind
I like this comment. I don't mean I apply it to whether or not Lindsey thinks or has said that they would have gone back to Northern California, had kids and continued to have a successful BN career, but I would use it as a, may I, "rule of thumb" for stories we hear in general.

Unless you are King Solomon, the split-the-baby solutions really aren't that workable to me. Someone can say the most outrageous thing and people won't believe them 100%, but they invariably say, "there's probably some truth in it." Why must there be some? Maybe there's no truth at all. No, where there is smoke there's not always fire. Maybe it's just smoke.

I often get frustrated when people conclude, "Well, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle." They know part of it is baloney, so they'll just accept 50% of it as being true. To me, if part of it is baloney, then the other 50% may be rat droppings, pig snouts and other unsavory meat filler.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I did hear this, but I figured it must be an old classic song that I wasn't familiar with that she was quoting. It didn't occur to me that it might be something new and original.

I remember when you talked about that song.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM
elle
This message has been deleted by elle. Reason: inconsequential
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but i'm just catching now what you meant CAD - a new lindsey song? about SN's mom?

And...EDIT: thanks Lindsfan - apparently yes, an old Dylan song.
But this is still interesting. She did Circle Dance because of her dad. I could see her and Lindsey putting that song into the FM setlist, because of her mom's passing.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't. I think she swithches back and forth every couple years between adoring him and hating him...and always as publicly as possible. I just suffered through the whole hour long video and she bashes him beginning to end.

She said at least she didn't HATE Dave (as opposed to Lindsey)
She said she didn't want to tell Lindsey what he was doing was stupid.
She said Dave (as opposed to Lindsey) understands women because he has two daughters (same thing she said ABOUT Lindsey just a few years ago).
She said she told Lindsey he could add a few chords here and there but nothing else! Are you kidding me?! Let's take Lindsey's parts out of Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Dreams, Landslide, etc. No riffs. No counter-melodies. No harmonies that he comes up with. Um, he's done more with her songs than add a few chords
Nothing that she said about Lindsey was anything new (although she did offhandedly confirm that You May Be The One was about him, which I don't think had been explicitly said before). We've all heard the coffee pot demo spiel, the duo tirade, etc., etc.

She was taking stabs at him regarding their relationship, for sure, but it was done pretty lightheartedly if you ask me. And I think she kept it up because it was getting laughs. So yeah, she was pretty brutal but in my opinion, none of it came off THAT seriously. She was making me laugh, at least.

All throughout the IYD promo, she consistently sang his praises. I do think they tend to have a very hot/cold relationship, but unless a bunch of stuff has been going on behind the scenes (and it very well may have, I certainly wouldn't know!) then I doubt she's just randomly switched into kill Lindsey mode.

That said, I did get the vibe that she was totally for real about the Bob Dylan saga and that that legitimately still bugs her.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's not a bob dylan song?
Quote:

Well, color me embarrassed.

I know Dylan, but I guess not that well!

Nevermind!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Nothing that she said about Lindsey was anything new (although she did offhandedly confirm that You May Be The One was about him, which I don't think had been explicitly said before). We've all heard the coffee pot demo spiel, the duo tirade, etc., etc.

She was taking stabs at him regarding their relationship, for sure, but it was done pretty lightheartedly if you ask me. And I think she kept it up because it was getting laughs. So yeah, she was pretty brutal but in my opinion, none of it came off THAT seriously. She was making me laugh, at least.

All throughout the IYD promo, she consistently sang his praises. I do think they tend to have a very hot/cold relationship, but unless a bunch of stuff has been going on behind the scenes (and it very well may have, I certainly wouldn't know!) then I doubt she's just randomly switched into kill Lindsey mode.

That said, I did get the vibe that she was totally for real about the Bob Dylan saga and that that legitimately still bugs her.
Eh, not that much -- she likes that she gets a laugh out of it more than anything, I think. Like, she said - he should know better and I think he does. He probably just pushes her buttons -- just as much as she pushes his. For all we know he's been telling her that since day one and she's always responded with the Bob Dylan line. LOL.

Oh, but she did add some new info to their history -- small details that I really dig. Like she said she always wrote at "home" and named his parents house as one of those places. I thought that was neat. Of course, I think they lived there when they moved back during Lindsey's illness.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-08-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

She's a funny gal. I mean, even the way she said the boys told Christine blah, blah, blah and then she was naming off who the boys were and said, "Mick, John and . . .well, it was just Mick and John, because Lindsey wasn't there yet." It made me smile. Her general fuzziness is . . . well, she is definitely Yogi Berra.

Michele