The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wisconsin (Green Bay & Washburn)

Wisconsin Gazette
http://www.wisconsingazette.com/musi...ompelling.html

Written by Gregg Shapiro, Staff writer
Aug 23, 2012

Lindsey Buckingham performs on Aug. 28 in Green Bay at the Meyer Theatre and on Aug. 29 in Washburn at Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. - Photo: BuckinghamNicks.net

Lindsey Buckingham, the former partner (both romantic and creative) of Stevie Nicks, did something significant for the British blues band Fleetwood Mac when he and Nicks joined the group in the mid-1970s. He made them popular. By bringing his unique pop flair to Fleetwood Mac, he provided the group with the critical and, more importantly, commercial success that had eluded it in the States.

In 1981, Buckingham, like Nicks, released his first solo disc. “Law and Order,” with its sexy George Hurrell cover pic, echoed some of what Buckingham had been doing with the Mac (see the hit single “Trouble”). It also allowed him to stretch himself.

Going solo again in 1984 with the more experimental “Go Insane” (the title tune becoming a modest hit), Buckingham established a pattern of releasing solo albums every few years, with the longest gap occurring between 1992’s “Out of the Cradle” and 2006’s “Under the Skin.” It was during this period that Fleetwood Mac regrouped, featuring both Buckingham and Nicks, and released the live “The Dance” disc and the studio album “Say You Will.”

History repeated itself 30 years after Buckingham and Nicks released their first solo efforts. Nicks returned to form with “In Your Dreams” and Buckingham made a strong comeback with “Seeds We Sow.”

Unlike Nicks’ album, Buckingham’s self-released “Seeds We Sew” is a no-frills project, performed, recorded and mixed by Buckingham. You can still hear the Buckingham of his Fleetwood Mac-era’s “Tusk,” as well as the Buckingham who continued to explore his experimental side over the course of his various solo releases.

“Seeds We Sew” is every bit as compelling as “In Your Dreams.” Highlights include the elaborately rhythmic “In Our Own Time,” “Gone Too Far,” “Stars Are Crazy”(on which Buckingham shows off his trademark fretwork) and the fittingly dreamy “Rock Away Blind.”
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/240856/

August 23, 2012, Duluth News Tribune by Tribune Staff
Best Bets: Lindsey Buckingham performs at the Big Top

It’s hard to think of Lindsey Buckingham without immediately imagining his old Fleetwood Mac love interest Stevie Nicks and seeing some sort of fiery montage set to “Silver Springs.”

A writer for MTV referred to them as “one of rock’s most enduring love stories” in 2009 and quoted Nicks as saying “Who Lindsey and I are to each other will never change.”

This is all yesterday’s news.

These days Buckingham is playing solo shows. He brings his intimate, one-man show Wednesday to Big Top Chautauqua. He’s getting raves from reviewers around the country — and had to add performances. Shows are said to include old Fleetwood and music from Buckingham’s nearly year-old album, “Seeds We Sow.”

“It seemed incredible that one person could deliver such an array of sounds,” a reviewer for the Orlando Sentinel wrote.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

thank you Della for recording this (and you all should thank me for actually watching what he was doing during the song so we could look for it!!) -

Bleed To Love Her from Green Bay show:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok - a bit of a background for this video:

watch first 15 seconds or so... he leans in 3 times trying to read something. in fact, first 2 times he looks at it from a far, almost unnoticeable... and at 0:15 he actually leans in.

we put the shirt on the stage in front of his mic with Deep Dense lyrics as a request.

... so he was trying to read it. and he messed up a bit after he leaned in. after the song he picked up the shirt and chucked it to his amps... he was NOT happy!!

this was a day after Chicago show, where he played Walk A Thin Line on our request. he was probably thinking "i knew i shouldn't have played that WATL yesterday! a bootleg request now?!?!? haven't i done enough for these people? and now they are messing up my show??"

(we love you lindsey!! )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

watch first 15 seconds or so... he leans in 3 times trying to read something. in fact, first 2 times he looks at it from a far, almost unnoticeable... and at 0:15 he actually leans in.

we put the shirt on the stage in front of his mic with Deep Dense lyrics as a request.

... so he was trying to read it. and he messed up a bit after he leaned in. after the song he picked up the shirt and chucked it to his amps... he was NOT happy!!

this was a day after Chicago show, where he played Walk A Thin Line on our request. he was probably thinking "i knew i shouldn't have played that WATL yesterday! a bootleg request now?!?!? haven't i done enough for these people? and now they are messing up my show??"

(we love you lindsey!! )
For me, this is the funniest moment of the tour. He did mess up just a little tiny bit...clearly distracted Linds.

But honestly, it's like watching a train wreck! I can't stop watching this. I just keep re-watching the first 15 seconds It has me laughing so darn hard!

And when he chucked your shirt? Yikes. He tomahawked the thing sidearmed!!!

But I will say that it was a highlight of our little trip, watching this in the hotel lobby with such great friends as you guys. <333
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
But I will say that it was a highlight of our little trip, watching this in the hotel lobby with such great friends as you guys. <333

... and watching Walk A Thin Line video during breakfast in GB hotel lobby where it could probably be heard in every room ... and then also watching this one at MSP airport, followed by someone calling for some Lindsey (or Lindsay, either way) over the loudspeakers?!

Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

... and watching Walk A Thin Line video during breakfast in GB hotel lobby where it could probably be heard in every room ... and then also watching this one at MSP airport, followed by someone calling for some Lindsey (or Lindsay, either way) over the loudspeakers?!
LOL, as always I'm screwed up, but yes! The airport loudspeaker, I forgot that! How funny was that? We're watching this very video on repeat, and suddenly loud and clear a voice says "LINDSEY so and so..." and we all turned like the dog in Up seeing a squirrel
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

(we love you lindsey!! )
screencaps here -

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Last edited by elle; 09-03-2012 at 11:35 PM..